Trade Next Years Number 1 for Kevin Kolb

Fieldys

Kevin Kolb is not available for trade.

Top secret reason why: A potential elite-level franchise quarterback is so insanely valuable, that they are literally priceless. He simply is not for sale, because the Eagles recognize that without elite quarterback play, your team can never achieve consistent success.

Remember that in April.

Why would we want to trade a top of the draft pick(probably the first pick over all) for a 2nd rd QB who lost his job to Vick?

I'd do it only if Philly threw in their 1st, 2nd and 3rd this year with their first next year. Then we can talk turkey.

Did you watch the game in which he "lost" his job? The guy was knocked out for 2 weeks and Vick blew up. I would offer Philly a 2nd rounder which is pretty much a low first and draft a franchise LT. Start rebuilding this team the right way!!

Young QB who can win in the NFL. Don't have to break the bank with massive No. 1 signing bonus.

What exactly are you smoking? Do the names Rob Johnson & J.P. Losman mean anything to you? They costs us first round picks too. Kolb has had 3 decent games in the NFL, that is two more than Rob Johnson had when they gave up the farm for him. With the odds likely that there will be a rookie cap next season if there is a season, it will be cheaper to sign the #1 overall pick than paying Kolb the contract that the Eagles just gave him.

Edited by billsfreak

Young QB who can win in the NFL. Don't have to break the bank with massive No. 1 signing bonus.

That idea alone has the Bills FO salivating. Honestly, looking at what's coming out, if the Bills can get a stud at any position, I'd be in favor of unloading the #1 overall. Except for Luck. I really believe he is the only franchise QB, if he's coming out. I'm not sold on Mallett, Locker or any other QB as the #1 overall. Kolb, no. Maybe a #2, but that's a stretch. Yes, we did try this with Rob Johnson, fail.

Don't have to break the bank with massive No. 1 signing bonus.

Again, a lot of people are really misguided on this whole, "Don't draft a quarterback #1 or you'll have to give him a BAZILLION dollars and a HUGE SIGNING BONUS!!!!" garbage.

Whoever the Bills select with the #1 pick (or #2 or #3) will receive basically the same exact amount of money, whether he be a QB, OL, DE, etc. It really drives me insane to see people spout this same tired drivel.

Did you watch the game in which he "lost" his job? The guy was knocked out for 2 weeks and Vick blew up. I would offer Philly a 2nd rounder which is pretty much a low first and draft a franchise LT. Start rebuilding this team the right way!!

I would rather see them give Michael Vick a 3 year free agent contract, since he has the mobility to survive behind what the Bills like to call an offensive line. Use the top pick on a franchise LT, then maybe take a chance on a young QB in the second to fourth round area. I worries me about putting a quarterback who isn't real mobile behind this line, becuase you are numbering their days on this planet when you do.

Regardless of the position, the Bills won't come to terms with next year's Number 1 until sometime in early September, which will make the pick irrelevant for 2011 season.

$30 million+ in guarantees? Please.

The history of the number 1 pick is littered with franchise killing picks. So why not mitigate the damage, sign a very good QB and use the money for other FA's.

If the Bills blow next year's draft (a very good possibility), the frachise won't sniff the playoffs for another decade.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story?id=09000d5d80fa1d95&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

Reality is its hard to have 2 true #1's on the roster. Too much value sitting there that can help who ever the starter is ... i.e. a WR, LT, TE, etc etc. And the DC of course is clamoring for a high pick for a stud LB or something.

Look at San Diego ... they were eventually made to choose between Rivers or Brees.

The Eagles are not going to trade their franchise qb. Why should they?

I can't believe it took this long for this response. Which, btw, is correct.

I don't know what the QB prospects future are in next years' draft, but I like what I've seen from Kolb.

Philly has ZERO interest in doing this, IMO.