Trent Edwards in for Jax!

1B4IDie

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He threw a great pass pass in the endzone that was in his receiver's gullet, and the defender ripped it away, which resulted in an interception, so his stats were skewed a little.

Steve Young was very critical of him on the 1st pick though. He said (and this is verbatim), "You can't pat the ball 4 times and then try to throw the deep out". Take it for what it is worth, the rest of the MNF crew complimented his play.

I personally was happy to see him in since I started the Ten Defense!!!

Trent Edwards playing means very little points scored.

His legacy lives on.

And Jaws got on him in the second for the interception where he gave Ten two chances at 1 st down the defender dropped the pick in his numbers but Trent gave him a second try.

Edited by Levitre + Wang = Wood

Guest dog14787

You should have read the shoutbox earlier. As predictable as rain, right down to the insults.

Funny, don't remember the insults or anyone getting carried away with how Trent played, seems some folks still have enough common sense to look at things objectively.The only insult was to B stien 22 for more of his Gay comments in the shoutbox(which is really getting old) and had nothing to do with Trent Edwards. Edwards executed three drives and put his football team in the red zone three times, TE took hits, scrambled, and made plays. One drive his WR fumbles the ball on the opponents 10 yard line, another drive TE's WR catches the ball in the endzone and lets a DB rip the ball away from him and on another the center snaps the ball on the wrong snap count and the next play the O-line fails to pick up the blitz forcing a field goal.

3 drives that could have just as easily turned into 21 points and then nobody would be saying anything today about how poorly Trent played against the Titans.

Funny, don't remember the insults or anyone getting carried away with how Trent played, seems some folks still have enough common sense to look at things objectively.The only insult was to B stien 22 for more of his Gay comments in the shoutbox(which is really getting old) and had nothing to do with Trent Edwards. Edwards executed three drives and put his football team in the red zone three times, TE took hits, scrambled, and made plays. One drive his WR fumbles the ball on the opponents 10 yard line, another drive TE's WR catches the ball in the endzone and lets a DB rip the ball away from him and on another the center snaps the ball on the wrong snap count and the next play the O-line fails to pick up the blitz forcing a field goal.

3 drives that could have just as easily turned into 21 points and then nobody would be saying anything today about how poorly Trent played against the Titans.

Sounds just like Trent's amazing performances here in Buffalo. I'd say he is probably better than Tom Brady at this point in his career. Give him reps with the number 1 offense and he is a HOF lock by the end of the year. 5000 yards and 42 touchdowns. Loser

That was his game here in Buffalo...moved the ball then couldnt finish. Good QB's finish those drives. Trent didnt in Buffalo and he didnt last night. He is who he is. Im glad hes not our problem anymore

Willy hears ya, Willy don't care....

Guest dog14787

That was his game here in Buffalo...moved the ball then couldnt finish. Good QB's finish those drives. Trent didnt in Buffalo and he didnt last night. He is who he is. Im glad hes not our problem anymore

Yup, Trent really needs to do something about his WR's fumbling on the opponents 9 yard line or letting footballs get ripped right out of their hands in the endzone and TE should pass protect and pick up blitzes better and hike the ball to himself on the right snap count.

The guy comes in off the bench cold, three weeks with a new offense, said he could count the reps he had this last week with the starters on one hand, and still manages to move his team down the football field against a good Titans defense.

You guys see what you want to see, I see a fella that gave 100% again in a loss where his supporting cast did not play well around him.

Edited by dog14787

And he'll have to play next week more than likely, depending on Garrard's concussion. Oh, and they're bringing back Craig Nall as Trent's backup.

Yup, Trent really needs to do something about his WR's fumbling on the opponents 9 yard line or letting footballs get ripped right out of their hands in the endzone and TE should pass protect and pick up blitzes better and hike the ball to himself on the right snap count.

The guy comes in off the bench cold, three weeks with a new offense, said he could count the reps he had this last week with the starters on one hand, and still manages to move his team down the football field against a good Titans defense.

You guys see what you want to see, I see a fella that gave 100% again in a loss where his supporting cast did not play well around him.

Answer me this, why do the Bills score, 8.5 points a game under Trent Edwards and with the same supporting cast minus Lynch the Bills score 23.3 points a game with Fitzpatrick at QB?

Guest dog14787

Answer me this, why do the Bills score, 8.5 points a game under Trent Edwards and with the same supporting cast minus Lynch the Bills score 23.3 points a game with Fitzpatrick at QB?

Answer me this, doesn't common sense tell you that the offense as a whole would improve from week to week. Answer me this doesn't common sense tell you Fitz would score more points against the 28th and 30th worse defenses in the league.

Edited by dog14787

honestly Dog is half right trent did a pretty commendable job on short notice as a backup. He honestly drove the team quite well and i dont think he looked anything like he did in buffalo. He looked confidant and played well when coming in down by 13. If his receiver catches that touchdown and lewis doesnt fumble it is a different game.

Answer me this, doesn't common sense tell you that the offense as a whole would improve from week to week. Answer me this doesn't common sense tell you Fitz would score more points against the 28th and 30th worse defenses in the league.

The offense also improved last year with Trent's removal and the insertion of Fitz. So I'm not sure how the team does week-to-week this year negates the fact the team performs better with Fitzpatrick under center.

Also, keep in mind that Tennessee's defense had prepared for Gerrard's game, which involves a spy on Gerrard (in case he runs) and more coverage on the middle and intermediate routes. When Edwards came in, they gave him the underneath which is where (sadly) he excels. Trent will start next week and look for the opposing defense to squat 5 yards past the LOS and proceed to give him fits (Fitz?).

Trent is who we thought he is. A serviceable back-up in the NFL.