Trent Edwards in for Jax!

1B4IDie

Guest dog14787

Dude, denial ain't just a river in Egypt. Give up the Trent love (or become a Jags fan -- they need one).

I can follow Trent/Jags and still be a Bills fan thanks, there's enough of me to go around,

Seems like that would be more preferable that I would be following TE on another team as opposed to the alternative, don't you think

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Then go back and look at some of the games those two started against, just two that I recall ....Fitz against the back up Colt players in a game where they pulled all the starters because they didn't want any getting hurt heading into the playoffs. Edwards against the Saints D and Gregg Williams constant blitzing, All the guy did all game was run for his life each play, and of course the Bills OC kept calling passing plays.

Before I condem the guy I'll wait and see how he performs in Jacksonville with 1st string reps and being taught by someone that actually is an offensive coordinator

You've raised what may well be a fair point. I guess someone should look at the games Fitz started last season and compare them to the ones Edwards started. Was there a difference in the quality of defenses? Did the offensive line seem to be doing a better job of pass protecting?

I still think Edwards needs to learn to throw to intermediate and deep targets more often, or else he won't maximize whatever potential he has at QB. On the other hand, there must be things he does better than Fitz, or else he wouldn't have won the quarterback competition to open the 2010 season. But regardless of whether Trent or Fitz is the better QB, the Bills definitely need to add a franchise QB if they possibly can.

You've raised what may well be a fair point. I guess someone should look at the games Fitz started last season and compare them to the ones Edwards started. Was there a difference in the quality of defenses? Did the offensive line seem to be doing a better job of pass protecting?

That's funny, the same comparison was urged when people said that Trent "just won" compared to the quarterback before him.

I still think Edwards needs to learn to throw to intermediate and deep targets more often, or else he won't maximize whatever potential he has at QB. On the other hand, there must be things he does better than Fitz, or else he wouldn't have won the quarterback competition to open the 2010 season. But regardless of whether Trent or Fitz is the better QB, the Bills definitely need to add a franchise QB if they possibly can.

Edwards is indeed highly frustrating. I happen to think he has the tools to be a very good QB, but he continues to fail to put it together. One of the most frustrating things to watch is his lack of feel in the pocket. Perhaps he is just afraid to get hit or because he has learned bad habits for playing too often behind lines that can't protect, but he all too often bails out on plays. His two moves are either the dump off pass or to try to get out of the backdoor of the tackle box so he throw it in the dirt. In the former case, it allows the defense to pack the box and ignore any threat over the top. In the latter case, he invariably runs right into the grasp of a DE and is sacked for a huge loss. This becomes accute in the red zone, where Edwards has always been ineffective. If he had some pocket presence, he'd be able to step up in the pocket, slide around in the pocket, keep his platform and eyes down the field, and extend plays just a hair longer to let them develop and/or the defense to breakdown, and be able to make positive plays. The fact that Gailey just cut him after a couple of games suggests that he felt that Edwards just could not be coached out of these bad habits.

I can follow Trent/Jags and still be a Bills fan thanks, there's enough of me to go around,

Seems like that would be more preferable that I would be following TE on another team as opposed to the alternative, don't you think

Legit question here, and the question no one has asked you yet...why are you such a big fan of Trent Edwards? He wasn't that good in college, and I would bet money you had not heard of him until the draft, so we know it had nothing to do with college. He wasn't very good for the Bills, even in the fabled 4-0 start against 4 of the worst teams in football that year, he wasnt very individually impressive...and on top of that he was down right awful since then. And finally, he isnt a member of the Bills anymore, so your whole thing about rooting for him because he was "our QB and thats what true fans do" doesnt apply anymore.

So what is it specifically that has you so infactuated with him that you still cant let go of him now that he isnt a Bill and insist on over exaggerating his talents and arguing about it until you are blue in the face while insulting people left and right along the way? I get wanting to see ex-Bills do well eslewhere, but you just never stop about this guy. At least Lynch was a pro bowler and worth following, but what has Trent ever done to earn your undivided devotion like a crushing school girl?

Guest dog14787

Legit question here, and the question no one has asked you yet...why are you such a big fan of Trent Edwards? He wasn't that good in college, and I would bet money you had not heard of him until the draft, so we know it had nothing to do with college. He wasn't very good for the Bills, even in the fabled 4-0 start against 4 of the worst teams in football that year, he wasnt very individually impressive...and on top of that he was down right awful since then. And finally, he isnt a member of the Bills anymore, so your whole thing about rooting for him because he was "our QB and thats what true fans do" doesnt apply anymore.

So what is it specifically that has you so infactuated with him that you still cant let go of him now that he isnt a Bill and insist on over exaggerating his talents and arguing about it until you are blue in the face while insulting people left and right along the way? I get wanting to see ex-Bills do well eslewhere, but you just never stop about this guy. At least Lynch was a pro bowler and worth following, but what has Trent ever done to earn your undivided devotion like a crushing school girl?

Legit question here, why do you hate a guy, bounce around calling him kitty, when all TE ever did was try to help a football team you supposedly support?

Legit question, Why did you combine Trent Edwards with talk of Joe Montana early on in his career If you never saw potential?

Legit question, why do you care so much now If you never liked the guy, to even care why I still support him?

All legit questions,

I continue to follow and support Trent Edwards because he's not just a player to me, Trent Edwards is also a person, a person I've grown to like and respect. Despite all of Buffalo's screw ups Trent has never pointed the finger at anyone and took it all on the chin without so much as a word.

Trent Edwards sprained his thumb on his throwing hand 5 plays in on the Jags/Titans game, knew he didn't have a backup and finished the game, does that sound like a kitty to you?

Legit question here, why do you hate a guy, bounce around calling him kitty, when all TE ever did was try to help a football team you supposedly support?

Legit question, Why did you combine Trent Edwards with talk of Joe Montana early on in his career If you never saw potential?

Legit question, why do you care so much now If you never liked the guy, to even care why I still support him?

All legit questions,

I continue to follow and support Trent Edwards because he's not just a player to me, Trent Edwards is also a person, a person I've grown to like and respect. Despite all of Buffalo's screw ups Trent has never pointed the finger at anyone and took it all on the chin without so much as a word.

Trent Edwards sprained his thumb on his throwing hand 5 plays in on the Jags/Titans game, knew he didn't have a backup and finished the game, does that sound like a kitty to you?

Not sure where you got this "kitty" refernce from, but it wasnt me...not that I disagree with it tho

LMAO you took a comment made WAY WAY out of context as if I compared him to Joe Montana in an attempt to somehow show me as a flip flopper like you. Way back when he was UNPROVEN still and had potential he would later never live up to, I said he appeared to demonstrate poise in the pocket like a Montana and Brady naturally had. And in the limited amount we had seen Trent, he did appeared to have a lot of poise for a young QB. However, in the very same post I also said he had a long way to go before he would be a good NFL QB. And back then, most of us were fooled into believing he really had that poise, but just a few games later he would lose that so called poise to never regain it again.

I also said during that 4-0 stretch that we would miss the playoffs unless Trent played better...sure enough, his play (and JP's play) was inconsistent and mostly poor the remainder of the year and we missed the playoffs with every loss being a game we should have and could have won with decent QB play with the exception of the AZ game where we were blown out.

I never hated the guy, just hated his play on the field. And, don't make me pull up posts where you bashed him and called him a "glove wearing fairy" and all that jazz during some of your flip flop episodes. Sadly, you have called him more personal derogative names than I ever have...sure I have slammed his play more, and he earned that on the field, but you have actually named called him more names than me.

Its cool though, I was just curious as to what it was specifically you were a fan of as Trent said he wasnt even a fan...doesnt matter, you are crushing so hard on him I am sure we will never hear the end of it which is your right as a fan...so what ever floats your boat

Edited by Alphadawg7

Guest dog14787

Not sure where you got this "kitty" refernce from, but it wasnt me...not that I disagree with it tho

LMAO you took a comment made WAY WAY out of context as if I compared him to Joe Montana in an attempt to somehow show me as a flip flopper like you. Way back when he was UNPROVEN still and had potential he would later never live up to, I said he appeared to demonstrate poise in the pocket like a Montana and Brady naturally had. And in the limited amount we had seen Trent, he did appeared to have a lot of poise for a young QB. However, in the very same post I also said he had a long way to go before he would be a good NFL QB. And back then, most of us were fooled into believing he really had that poise, but just a few games later he would lose that so called poise to never regain it again.

I also said during that 4-0 stretch that we would miss the playoffs unless Trent played better...sure enough, his play (and JP's play) was inconsistent and mostly poor the remainder of the year and we missed the playoffs with every loss being a game we should have and could have won with decent QB play with the exception of the AZ game where we were blown out.

I never hated the guy, just hated his play on the field. And, don't make me pull up posts where you bashed him and called him a "glove wearing fairy" and all that jazz during some of your flip flop episodes. Sadly, you have called him more personal derogative names than I ever have...sure I have slammed his play more, and he earned that on the field, but you have actually named called him more names than me.

Its cool though, I was just curious as to what it was specifically you were a fan of as Trent said he wasnt even a fan...doesnt matter, you are crushing so hard on him I am sure we will never hear the end of it which is your right as a fan...so what ever floats your boat

You don't remember saying the pussification of the team was caused by Trent Edwards?

I mean that's fairly recent, I think you remember whats convenient to remember to be honest. If SDS hadn't made it so hard to go back I could show you numerous posts were the jest of your post was calling Trent a kitty. So stop with all the lying and BS why don't you

My comment about the post you posted about TE and Montana had nothing to do with flip flopping, simply to point out that you used to think TE had potential, yet your stupid enough to ask why I ever did, now does that make sense to You?

Edited by dog14787

You don't remember saying the pussification of the team was caused by Trent Edwards?

I mean that's fairly recent, I think you remember whats convenient to remember to be honest. If SDS hadn't made it so hard to go back I could show you numerous posts were the jest of your post was calling Trent a kitty. So stop with all the lying and BS why don't you

My comment about the post you posted about TE and Montana had nothing to do with flip flopping, simply to point out that you used to think TE had potential, yet your stupid enough to ask why I ever did, now does that make sense to You?

hahaha...you are priceless...if you want to believe I call him a kitty, then so be it. I haven't as I dont even get what that refernce is supposed to mean, but whatever dude. He did contribute highly to ineptness and pussification of our offense, and thats not calling him names thats describing his effectiveness as our QB.

I am not asking why you believed he had potential, I am asking why you continue to ball wash this guy to ad nauseum on this board...doesnt matter though, to each his own...

Edited by Alphadawg7

Guest dog14787

hahaha...you are priceless...if you want to believe I call him a kitty, then so be it. I haven't as I dont even get what that refernce is supposed to mean, but whatever dude. He did contribute highly to ineptness and pussification of our offense, and thats not calling him names thats describing his effectiveness as our QB.

I am not asking why you believed he had potential, I am asking why you continue to ball wash this guy to ad nauseum on this board...doesnt matter though, to each his own...

Good then STFU already

Guest dog14787

Wow, nice hypocritical attitude. You're embarrassing yourself at this point.

Fruit Punch don't talk to me about embarrassing,

I'm not being hypocritical, the guy asked me why I follow Trent Edwards and I told him why, but that's not good enough for him.

Unlike your STFU last night to me, mine come off the way I intended...

Fruit Punch don't talk to me about embarrassing,

I'm not being hypocritical, the guy asked me why I follow Trent Edwards and I told him why, but that's not good enough for him.

Unlike your STFU last night to me, mine come off the way I intended...

You didn't take offense because I didn't intend to degrade you, you took offense for someone telling you to STFU, period. Speaking of period, it sounds like your own yours right now. AlphaDawg also conceded "to each his own" and you should have taken it at that, but instead you decided to be a poor loser. Give it up, Trent sucks, you're absolutely being hypocritical, you're an embarrassment, and you have no class. Also, STFU... for real this time. You lose, endgame.

Guest dog14787

You didn't take offense because I didn't intend to degrade you, you took offense for someone telling you to STFU, period. Speaking of period, it sounds like your own yours right now. AlphaDawg also conceded "to each his own" and you should have taken it at that, but instead you decided to be a poor loser. Give it up, Trent sucks, you're absolutely being hypocritical, you're an embarrassment, and you have no class. Also, STFU... for real this time. You lose, endgame.

The rest of the post also said I continue to ball wash this guy to ad nauseum on this board...

In case you missed that part dumbass, you STFU

The rest of the post also said I continue to ball wash this guy to ad nauseum on this board...

In case you missed that part dumbass, you STFU

I did notice, but it's also 100% true. So what?

I was trying to be civil to you by apologizing the other day and wishing you and your daughter (and even Trent) well, but you're obviously not a classy individual. Try not being so high strung about an ex-Bill and don't worry about whether or not anyone agrees with you. We don't care if you ball wash Trent, but please don't try to convince anyone that he's even an average QB. A good guy maybe, but not a NFL caliber starter. By holding a torch for him you're just pissing people off.

Why do you care if anyone agrees? Just let it go.

You know that argument is over for sure when someone says "you lose."

No, it was the "endgame" that completes it.

Guest dog14787

I did notice, but it's also 100% true. So what?

I was trying to be civil to you by apologizing the other day and wishing you and your daughter (and even Trent) well, but you're obviously not a classy individual. Try not being so high strung about an ex-Bill and don't worry about whether or not anyone agrees with you. We don't care if you ball wash Trent, but please don't try to convince anyone that he's even an average QB. A good guy maybe, but not a NFL caliber starter. By holding a torch for him you're just pissing people off.

Why do you care if anyone agrees? Just let it go.

No, it was the "endgame" that completes it.

Now this whole thread up to your insults and this post here are all sticking to the facts for the most part with posters talking about Trent Edwards performance. There was no need for you to get personal yesterday, but you did, just like Alpha did in this post. You want to get personal with me then I'll get personal with you, you got it fruit Punch

I didn't start this thread, and I'm not going to change my opinion of someone just because you guys don't agree with me.

Edited by dog14787

Last night was just further proof that Buffalo made a great decision to dump Edwards. He's not a solid QB. He may not even be in the league next year. Once the opposing team game plans against Trent, he is a very easy QB to defend. He might be the easiest QB in the league to shut down and rattle (other than maybe Clausen or Colt McCoy)

You don't have a clue what you are talking about, do you?

I didn't start this thread, and I'm not going to change my opinion of someone just because you guys don't agree with me.

It's not about this thread, you've argued Trent in multiple threads as well as the shout box. The point is, nobody gives a **** if you love Trent. Nobody wants you to change your opinion about him or anything else. Just stop carrying the torch and taking on anyone who disagrees with you. You're making yourself out to be a martyr for a worthless cause. I've said it repeatedly: love him to the utmost your ability, just STFU already.

Guest dog14787

It's not about this thread, you've argued Trent in multiple threads as well as the shout box. The point is, nobody gives a **** if you love Trent. Nobody wants you to change your opinion about him or anything else. Just stop carrying the torch and taking on anyone who disagrees with you. You're making yourself out to be a martyr for a worthless cause. I've said it repeatedly: love him to the utmost your ability, just STFU already.

It is about the thread, the shoutbox or anywhere else. I've got a right to voice my opinion and If you are to dense or stupid to understand that, its not my problem.

Edited by dog14787