now THIS is how you should have used Lynch, Chan

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/25716/personnel-report-lynch-forsett-combine

"Starter Marshawn Lynch did the dirty work on first and second downs, when the Chicago Bears often knew he would be coming their way. Justin Forsett made the flashier runs, most from three-receiver personnel.

Lynch broke through three defenders on his way to a 1-yard touchdown run from a power personnel grouping with two backs and three tight ends. Forsett caught the Bears off-guard with a 9-yard touchdown run from a three-receiver package on third-and-goal, when a pass seemed likely.

Both touchdown runs were impressive. The manner in which each man scored reflected how the Seahawks used them. That's why there's no use in comparing their yardage stats without also accounting for situations. Lynch was just as impressive and arguably more impressive than Forsett despite gaining 4.1 fewer yards per attempt. Together, they gave Seattle an effective ground game. "

How obvious..how effectual...how beyond Chan's comprehension....

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So Seattle won because of Lynch's 2.6 YPC performance? Riiiiiight.

There is no looking back on the Lynch trade anymore. He's gone, and this is where we stand. But yes, he made that team look more complete yesterday on the field. And the fans already love the guy. They have a couple "beast mode" threads going in their forums already.

We need to worry about our own team now. This defense is DEAD LAST in the league in almost every category. What do we plan to do about that?

In part... yes. I watched most of that game and Seattle won because they played with an offensive philosophy of pounding the ball early with Lynch, switching to Forsett when the defense was getting beat down. And, of course, mixing in plenty of passes to keep the defense honest and off balance. No offense, but you sound like all these FF guys that look at an individual stat line and think that sums up the value of a player or team. The Seattle offense looked very complete yesterday and Lynch was an integral part of that.

We need to worry about our own team now. This defense is DEAD LAST in the league in almost every category. What do we plan to do about that?

First up...get buried by an angry Ravens team that will rush for over 200 yards (possibly in the first half).

We really have to take them one game at a time, no sense getting ahead of ourselves.

No they won bc he grinded out tough yards to get first downs and keep drives alive and his TD was a hell of an effort. Too bad for him when he was here it way hard to have a roll grinding out 3rd and shorts when we are routinely in third and longs. Oh and they won because Mike Martz doesn't protect his QB and Cutler got killed yesterday. Anyway, I like Lynch but I'm still happy we got something for him, we aren't/weren't going anywhere with or without him.

Edited by Stl Bills

I hated the McGahee pick in the draft. Made no sense at all to me.

So did I and a lot of people. That's not I'm talking about. I'm talking about how you felt about him after watching a dreadful year of offense in 2003 and an 0-4 start in 2004 (including a couple Travis Henry blunders that severely cost us vs. the Patriots) followed by a 20yd 4th down TD run vs. the Jets and a string of wins when Willis started playing. You couldn't convince anyone here that was a coincidence at the time. That's just how fans are.

Unless Lynch can play Linebacker and can tackle, his impact on this years team will not be missed... I was so hopeful Tarbor and Davis would be better, Mitchell and Poz would stay healthy, Kelsay wouldn't be a starting LB and Maybin would finally show the promise that got him drafted. I was wrong in each case. The only place I am even close is that the run D is actually even worse without Davis.

Regardless Lynch can't help with any of this.

Lynch is an easy player to root for. He gives his full effort every down, he's a funny character, and he loves the game. I'm glad he found success in Seattle.

yea, he will do better in Seattle

He had a tough time finding success in Buffalo at time, then again lots of players have a tough time with the rag tag coaches this team has had for 10 years

his aggressive play and the touchdown helped. You see winning is that thing that happens when after the time has elapsed you have more points on the board than the other guy. Do you work for the Bills front office?

I think what needs to happen is we table whether the decision was right wrong on Lynch for a season and see if he can stay out of trouble......

If he does something stupid in the offseason (under a coach that committed recruiting violations) and is gone for the year then that 4th round pick is gonna look aweful good.....

There is no looking back on the Lynch trade anymore. He's gone, and this is where we stand. But yes, he made that team look more complete yesterday on the field. And the fans already love the guy. They have a couple "beast mode" threads going in their forums already.

hmmm..no looking back at Nix and Gailey blunders...no looking at the bad draft, at the failure to trade or be active in free agency or the trading block or even the freaking waiver wire...and I guess you might as well include not looking forward to the draft where we are earning the dubious first choice by getting rid of all but the marginally competent (to be generous) players.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/25716/personnel-report-lynch-forsett-combine

"Starter Marshawn Lynch did the dirty work on first and second downs, when the Chicago Bears often knew he would be coming their way. Justin Forsett made the flashier runs, most from three-receiver personnel.

Lynch broke through three defenders on his way to a 1-yard touchdown run from a power personnel grouping with two backs and three tight ends. Forsett caught the Bears off-guard with a 9-yard touchdown run from a three-receiver package on third-and-goal, when a pass seemed likely.

Both touchdown runs were impressive. The manner in which each man scored reflected how the Seahawks used them. That's why there's no use in comparing their yardage stats without also accounting for situations. Lynch was just as impressive and arguably more impressive than Forsett despite gaining 4.1 fewer yards per attempt. Together, they gave Seattle an effective ground game. "

How obvious..how effectual...how beyond Chan's comprehension....

EPIC FAIL!

If you actually watched the Seahawks game you would have noticed Lynch gained 12 yards on the first play of the game and was a non-factor the rest. While I don't rely heavily on stats because sometimes they can be misleading, his statistical production for the day is backed up by actually watching his performance on the field.

It was a typical Lynch performance. Take a a loss and break a tackle for a 0 or 1 yard gain. Lynch is a one dimensional back. I do think he will perform better than what he produced today. Not enough to be a difference maker though.