now THIS is how you should have used Lynch, Chan

I actually prefer Funeral, but both Neon Bible and The Suburbs worked like a slow burn on me and they're now indispensable pieces of my "record collection". Levi Brown mentioned a love for them as well, which was a big reason I hoped for him to succeed. That, and he's also a Zep fan. Seems like a cool dude with excellent taste.

Edited by Punch

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually prefer Funeral, but both Neon Bible and The Suburbs worked like a slow burn on me and they're now indispensable pieces of my "record collection". Levi Brown mentioned a love for them as well, which was a big reason I hoped for him to succeed. That, and he's also a Zep fan. Seems like a cool dude with excellent taste.

I'd say "Suburbs" is my favorite at the moment, but Arcade Fire's three albums are so great that the preference seems to change weekly, if not daily. Also, I didn't know that about Levi Brown, and now there's one more reason to root for him.

Edited by McGee

How amazing that you'd write a negative post about the Bills!

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/25716/personnel-report-lynch-forsett-combine

"Starter Marshawn Lynch did the dirty work on first and second downs, when the Chicago Bears often knew he would be coming their way. Justin Forsett made the flashier runs, most from three-receiver personnel.

Lynch broke through three defenders on his way to a 1-yard touchdown run from a power personnel grouping with two backs and three tight ends. Forsett caught the Bears off-guard with a 9-yard touchdown run from a three-receiver package on third-and-goal, when a pass seemed likely.

Both touchdown runs were impressive. The manner in which each man scored reflected how the Seahawks used them. That's why there's no use in comparing their yardage stats without also accounting for situations. Lynch was just as impressive and arguably more impressive than Forsett despite gaining 4.1 fewer yards per attempt. Together, they gave Seattle an effective ground game. "

How obvious..how effectual...how beyond Chan's comprehension....

Dude, you like the Arcade Fire? Neon Bible was a great album.

Great album. Loved them on Austin City Limits, as well.

This is a total rebuild of our team. Scrapping all of the old (can we please get rid of Modrak?), and moving to acquire as many choices for the future.

In many ways, it is refreshing. Prior regimes simply tried to deny the reality of the situation, while the marketing department did a fantastic job of hoodwinking the citizens of WNY and Southern Ontario into spending top dollar on an inferior product over the years.

This is a refreshing change of pace to admit that there is a problem. Kinda sounds like some AA meeting: "The 1st step in recovery is admitting that you have a problem."

The Bills are admitting to their futility this decade (remind me why Modrak is still employed), and changing the false starts with hopefully good picks in the future.

Short term pain for long term gain. That's what the Lynch trade was. Atleast I hope so. As long as we are not drafting players with Modrak and Co.'s scouting information.

The irony in all of this is that Gailey and Carroll utilized Lynch in the same way. Lynch getting the work on early downs with Spiller/Forsett on third downs.

The only difference is that the Seahawks field a profesional defense, hence more oportunities to use the entire playbook.

I love the way Lynch runs the football and I hope he does well in Seattle but to turn this against Gailey has not merit.