now THIS is how you should have used Lynch, Chan

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Seahawks have been winning BEFORE Lynch got there. They didnt win because of Lynch.

Actually it was a tie 0-0 before Lynch scored. And he was instrumental on the drive. Without him...for sure they would have lost...

what Buffalo fails to realize is this is the 2010 football season and people who buy tickets are wanting more than a lick and a promise. What makes us happy isn't yards per carry...or even sacks (those things Bruce Smith used to make). What makes us happy is

WINNING.

or even...TRYING TO WIN...

I watched the Cleveland game. They lost with a lousy team and a rookie quarterback, but they were giving it their all right to the end. Gotta appreciate that...

So what? Fans always love the high profile newcomer. Remember how we felt about McGahee when we won the first 4-5 games he started?

Yea and if I would have thought that 2004 season would have been the highlight of the entire decade (and the only winning season) I might have given up back then. This time of year, they always mention that the Bills are the last team to start 0-4 and make the playoffs (with Flutie), but just think, if they could have beaten the Steelers' third stringers in the last game, the Bills would have been the last TWO teams to make the playoffs after starting 0-4. Ahhh, those were the days?

Edited by billsfreak

So each time Lynch has a bad game (say, 23 yards on 12 carries) there will be sarcastic posts about how "I guess the Bills should have held on to Lynch, eh? Snark, snark! :rolleyes:"

And each time Lynch has a good game (maybe 120 yards and 2 TDs) there will be posts about how the front office doesn't know what it's doing and Chan misused him, etc.

And we're going to play this game all year long like every botched draft pick, missed free agent signing, premature player release, and unnecessary contract extension over the past 10 years?

a) I'm certain Marshawn Lynch will continue to accrue yards and TDs and b) the Buffalo Bills decided he is not in their future plans because the other RBs on the roster are more than adequate and Lynch was the odd man out due to his attitude and off the field concerns.

This appears to have worked out well for both the Bills and Seahawks, though I don't think Lynch's 2.6 ypc and 54 total yards will help the 2010 Bills win any games. Time to move on, ain't it?

+1 :thumbsup:

So each time Lynch has a bad game (say, 23 yards on 12 carries) there will be sarcastic posts about how "I guess the Bills should have held on to Lynch, eh? Snark, snark! :rolleyes:"

And each time Lynch has a good game (maybe 120 yards and 2 TDs) there will be posts about how the front office doesn't know what it's doing and Chan misused him, etc.

And we're going to play this game all year long like every botched draft pick, missed free agent signing, premature player release, and unnecessary contract extension over the past 10 years?

a) I'm certain Marshawn Lynch will continue to accrue yards and TDs and b) the Buffalo Bills decided he is not in their future plans because the other RBs on the roster are more than adequate and Lynch was the odd man out due to his attitude and off the field concerns.

This appears to have worked out well for both the Bills and Seahawks, though I don't think Lynch's 2.6 ypc and 54 total yards will help the 2010 Bills win any games. Time to move on, ain't it?

Actually it was a tie 0-0 before Lynch scored. And he was instrumental on the drive. Without him...for sure they would have lost...

what Buffalo fails to realize is this is the 2010 football season and people who buy tickets are wanting more than a lick and a promise. What makes us happy isn't yards per carry...or even sacks (those things Bruce Smith used to make). What makes us happy is

WINNING.

or even...TRYING TO WIN...

I watched the Cleveland game. They lost with a lousy team and a rookie quarterback, but they were giving it their all right to the end. Gotta appreciate that...

Being here in Cleveland and having to watch many of their games, they may have a lousy record but they are far from a lousy team. They have shown the ability to execute well in every game they played but definitely have mistakes and critical lapses in the second half. They're actually exciting to watch and are starting to remind me of the 87 Bills. The foundation is clearly in place with the Browns, and it started with the previous regime, which makes Buffalo's current situation all the more depressing.

Being here in Cleveland and having to watch many of their games, they may have a lousy record but they are far from a lousy team. They have shown the ability to execute well in every game they played but definitely have mistakes and critical lapses in the second half. They're actually exciting to watch and are starting to remind me of the 87 Bills. The foundation is clearly in place with the Browns, and it started with the previous regime, which makes Buffalo's current situation all the more depressing.

What is the general feeling amongst Browns' fans? Are they confident Colt McCoy is their guy?

FAIL

1st CHI Matt Forte 6 yard rush (Robbie Gould kick) 0 7

SEA Deon Butler 22 yard pass from Matt Hasselbeck (Olindo Mare kick) 7 7

2nd SEA Justin Forsett 9 yard rush (Olindo Mare kick) 14 7

CHI Robbie Gould 34 yard field goal 14 10

CHI Robbie Gould 24 yard field goal 14 13

3rd SEA Safety, Jay Cutler sacked in the endzone by Jordan Babineaux. 16 13

4th SEA Marshawn Lynch 1 yard rush (Olindo Mare kick) 23 13

CHI Devin Hester 89 yard punt return (Robbie Gould kick) 23 20

FAIL

1st CHI Matt Forte 6 yard rush (Robbie Gould kick) 0 7

SEA Deon Butler 22 yard pass from Matt Hasselbeck (Olindo Mare kick) 7 7

2nd SEA Justin Forsett 9 yard rush (Olindo Mare kick) 14 7

CHI Robbie Gould 34 yard field goal 14 10

CHI Robbie Gould 24 yard field goal 14 13

3rd SEA Safety, Jay Cutler sacked in the endzone by Jordan Babineaux. 16 13

4th SEA Marshawn Lynch 1 yard rush (Olindo Mare kick) 23 13

CHI Devin Hester 89 yard punt return (Robbie Gould kick) 23 20

Ha--- furthermore, as far as Lynch being "instrumental" on the TD drive:

Seattle - 4:28

1st-10, SEA8 4:28 M. Lynch rushed to the right for 3 yard gain

2nd-7, SEA11 3:49 M. Hasselbeck passed to M. Williams to the left for 21 yard gain

1st-10, SEA32 3:07 M. Hasselbeck passed to M. Williams down the middle for 18 yard gain

1st-10, 50 2:28 M. Hasselbeck incomplete pass to the left

2nd-10, 50 2:23 J. Forsett rushed to the right for 6 yard gain

3rd-4, CHI44 1:46 M. Hasselbeck passed to D. Butler to the left for 15 yard gain

1st-10, CHI29 1:18 M. Hasselbeck passed to M. Lynch to the right for 5 yard gain

2nd-5, CHI24 0:42 J. Forsett rushed to the left for 13 yard gain

4th Quarter

Seattle continued

1st-10, CHI11 15:00 J. Forsett rushed to the left for 4 yard gain

2nd-6, CHI7 14:30 M. Hasselbeck passed to M. Williams down the middle for 6 yard gain

1st-1, CHI1 13:45 M. Lynch rushed to the left for 1 yard touchdown. O. Mare made PAT

Marshawn Lynch's total offensive output for this drive: 2 attempts for 4 yards, 1 reception for 5 yards (and yes, the 1 yard TD). Hardly the stuff of legend.

Edited by Punch

What is the general feeling amongst Browns' fans? Are they confident Colt McCoy is their guy?

I think everyone (including the sports writers) was pleasantly surprised by his performance yesterday and want to see him again. He had his mistakes but really had the look of a franchise quarterback. Took a lot of sacks and hits but still kept his poise and really led the team. Confidence is rising that Colt may be the real deal. He's at minimum a capable backup right now. He should get the start vs New Orleans this week so we'll see how he does. Be interesting to see if the Browns try and move Delhomme.

winning and losing...without him they would have lost. That isn't in dispute is it? Are people on this board so accepting of losing that they don't see that that is why people play this game?

Is Lynch's contribution legitimately quantifiable in determining the difference between Seattle winning or losing yesterday? Absolutely not. Your arguing that the importance of winning games (which is important above all else) is somehow dependent upon Lynch's presence (which is simply not true).

The greater factor in Seattle's victory lies in Martz giving up on a successful running game in the early going, as has been his wont throughout 2010 (an much of his coaching career).

Time to move on, or you can continue to pointlessly flog the dead horse that was BeastMode (whom I incidentally always liked).

I think everyone (including the sports writers) was pleasantly surprised by his performance yesterday and want to see him again. He had his mistakes but really had the look of a franchise quarterback. Took a lot of sacks and hits but still kept his poise and really led the team. Confidence is rising that Colt may be the real deal. He's at minimum a capable backup right now. He should get the start vs New Orleans this week so we'll see how he does. Be interesting to see if the Browns try and move Delhomme.

The sacks are understandable considering his first start was at Pittsburgh. Talk about being thrown to the wolves. I wonder if his arm strength will hold up under the harsh Lake Erie winds? I hope he does well.

5 games and you're not only 2nd guessing Chan Gailey's coaching style, but bashing him? Pathetic. It would be one thing if there was a mountain of talent performing this way, but there's not. There's not one player on offense besides Fred Jackson and Lee Evans that would be starting somewhere else, but yeah, Chan's coaching style sucks..... :thumbdown:

I have to think McCintyre (or however you spell it) would get a job somewhere too.

5 games and you're not only 2nd guessing Chan Gailey's coaching style, but bashing him? Pathetic. It would be one thing if there was a mountain of talent performing this way, but there's not. There's not one player on offense besides Fred Jackson and Lee Evans that would be starting somewhere else, but yeah, Chan's coaching style sucks..... :thumbdown:

So Chan calls Fred's number what... 4 times in the second half of our last game. I'm sorry but there's plenty of reason to 2nd guess Chan's coaching after the first 5 games. I'm not saying fire him; I'm just saying his game preparation and in-game play calling has left a lot to be desired.

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/25716/personnel-report-lynch-forsett-combine

"Starter Marshawn Lynch did the dirty work on first and second downs, when the Chicago Bears often knew he would be coming their way. Justin Forsett made the flashier runs, most from three-receiver personnel.

Lynch broke through three defenders on his way to a 1-yard touchdown run from a power personnel grouping with two backs and three tight ends. Forsett caught the Bears off-guard with a 9-yard touchdown run from a three-receiver package on third-and-goal, when a pass seemed likely.

Both touchdown runs were impressive. The manner in which each man scored reflected how the Seahawks used them. That's why there's no use in comparing their yardage stats without also accounting for situations. Lynch was just as impressive and arguably more impressive than Forsett despite gaining 4.1 fewer yards per attempt. Together, they gave Seattle an effective ground game. "

How obvious..how effectual...how beyond Chan's comprehension....

Seattle did not use Lynch any differently than Buffalo did. I watched the game. Seattle won because they are a better team than Buffalo. Buffalo's biggest problem is it's defense. They could have used Lynch any way they wanted and as long as the defense plays the way it has they would still lose. The problem with this team is it's defense. Plain and simple. They have scored enough points to win in each of the past three weeks. They simply can't stop anyone. It has nothing to do with Marshawn Lynch and the way he was used or wasn't used.

As "good" as he may have looked yesterday, the problem is that he was a top-15 pick.

Top-15 picks are supposed to contribute more (a lot more) than what he did yesterday.

I was just thinking this as I read through the thread. While Lynch may be a grind it out kind of player he has not been a playmaker that other teams would have specifically gameplanned for. A top 15 pick should scare the :censored: out of opposing coordinators from week to week.