48 hours to the trade deadline.

Outside of Evans who do we have that other teams would want? I would not support giving up our picks for bodies to help is in the short term. Buddy's not asleep here. He's been busy with roster moves. Don't confuse activity with acomplishment. Making trades to appease fan restlessness is a bad call.

Edited by Green Lightning

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I need a sign.

A serious attempt by the Bills that says we won't stand still. We care about the team and fans.

We (The Bills) recognize the weaknesses and we will do anything to improve.

If this date, October 19th passes without a sign.........the Bills have surrendered and Buddy is a hoax.

There are always options, the safe thing to do is nothing.....

Lets see what you got Buddy :flirt:

Are you holding out for 11-5? What is the possible reason to make a desperation move?

Seriously what is that you're hoping for? We trade Lee Evans for a 4th. That would really help the rookie QB we bring in next year.

Nothing shows a commitment to winning like making desperation moves just to appease the fans. Git'r dun, Buddy.

PTR

+1

Outside of Evans who do we have that other teams would want? I would not support giving up our picks for bodies to help is in the short term. Buddy's not asleep here. He's been busy with roster moves. Don't confuse activity with acomplishment. Making trades to appease fan restlessness is a bad call.

I think that if a competiitive team lost a safety to injury, we might get a 5th for Whitner.

Edited by Bill from NYC

I need a sign.

A serious attempt by the Bills that says we won't stand still. We care about the team and fans.

We (The Bills) recognize the weaknesses and we will do anything to improve.

If this date, October 19th passes without a sign.........the Bills have surrendered and Buddy is a hoax.

There are always options, the safe thing to do is nothing.....

Lets see what you got Buddy :flirt:

I agree with everything you've said!! The only concern I have is if any of the potential playoff team(s) have much interest in any of our players that may be on the trading block?

-I would gladly trade away Aaron Maybin for (I hate to say it) a 5th or 6th round pick!

-I would also trade Donte Whitner for a 4th, possibly 5th round player

-I would trade probably about 20 other players if not more without blinking!

The thing is, if these players failed on a team that is bad as our Bills..why would anyone want our castoffs?

I think other teams would be interested in some of our better players based on past years performance more than this

years performance.

-I think that Lee Evans would have some demand in the market, and that it would almost be unrealistic to think that

Lee Evans will be an impact player for us by the time this team possibly becomes a competent and competitive team. I don't

think we could squeeze a 2nd rounder for Evans, but we could get a 3rd rounder all day long.

-I think Fred Jackson could net us a 4th rounder, but I also think (even though he's getting up there in age) that he still has a lot of running left in him.

-Marcus Stroud may be a desirable player for a team making a run this year? But, I believe he is getting up there too, and may net us a 4th or 5th round pick.

Whatever moves we make or don't make will speak volumes about the management of this team! I mean if your going to

supposedly develop your team on almost exclusively through the draft, then you better have a lot of draft picks, and pick'em well. The verdict is still out on last year, but I'd give the Bills a C as a grade for last year if I'm feeling generous. I personally hated our draft, and was extremely agitated by it's close. We need to put just as much emphasis on positional needs as we do with our mentality of the best player on the board regardless of positon approach. Otherwise, we'll end up with another running back and a cornerback in the first 2 rounds, and this will only lengthen the rebuilding project ahead !!!! :bag:

Edited by tonyjustbcuz

The bigger question is, Do the Bills have anything worth trading?

Its easy to say the Bills should trade player X or Player Y, but you need 2 teams to make a trade, and making a trade just for the sake of making a trade is not a smart move.

The Front office has already given up on the season, they dealt away their only serious tradable commodity in Lynch, they gave away Edwards, and theres not much left on a 0-5 team thats worth making a trade for, unless they decide to deal away Spiller, or maybe Evans or Fred Jackson

Edited by apuszczalowski

The bigger question is, Do the Bills have anything worth trading?

Its easy to say the Bills should trade player X or Player Y, but you need 2 teams to make a trade, and making a trade just for the sake of making a trade is not a smart move.

The Front office has already given up on the season, they dealt away their only serious tradable commodity in Lynch, they gave away Edwards, and theres not much left on a 0-5 team thats worth making a trade for, unless they decide to deal away Spiller, or maybe Evans or Fred Jackson

Obviously you are unaware of the official NFL protocol that requires a GM to make a trade with any team that offers one. If team A has something to trade, team B is obligated to offer something in exchange; usually a high draft pick or a star player of team A's choosing. It's just like in the draft where every team is able to trade up or down. All you have to do is ask.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I think the only trade the Bills really are in a position to consider is investigating the return on Lee Evans. The right injury today could turn him into a 2nd round pick, but I think that's still likely a big stretch. After that, I'd say everyone on the roster is worth more to us than they would be to another team. Is there anyone who would return more than a 5th round pick? And are we in need of more 5th round rookies?

I would have to say there is at least 50 players in the last year of their deal and sitting on the bench waiting for a move by his team.

This is the time..........

You don't think other teams know they are on the last year of their deal too? It's no secret...

If he likes to build through the draft then trade players for picks. Either way we need to know somebody is trying.

What players are even worth draft picks at this point? One of our better players only got a 4th rounder.... I doubt a lot of our players could be had for a 7th rounder.... the bills did make a trade, so they are trying. But it is not like this team is a gold mine of talent that can gather up a lot of useful draft picks.

If the Bills were smart they promote the future and they lay a plan out for the fans.

Only if they want to sell tickets. But if they want to compete, they don't explain their plan so the competition knows what they are doing.

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go...

I wanna be tr-aded

Nothin' to do and no where to go-o-o, I wanna be tr-aded

Just trade me for a draft pick, get me to the show

Hurry hurry hurry out of Buffalo

I can't stand Applebees, I can't stand the snow

Oh no no no no no

Twenty-twenty-twenty four hours to go...

Just trade me for a draft pick...

Ba-ba-bamp-ba ba-ba-ba-bamp-ba I wanna be tr-aded

Is there anyone available that we need???

I agree with your thinking, but unfortunately buddy nix is all about "building through the draft".

Which normally is not a bad idea, except when you draft as many busts as the bills!

There is A LOT available and we need A LOT!

Why keep what you have, when you know they suck? I would dump half the team and bring in FA's to see if they can find a few young guys they can keep around to fill some holes, if even for depth!

There are certainly some names/guys out there who COULD and WOULD help us!

Cornell Green - 34

Brian Moorman - 34

Marcus Stroud - 32

Akin Ayodele - 31

Andra Davis - 31

David Martin - 31

Corey McIntyre 31

Chris Kelsay - 30

Terrence McGee - 30

Dwan Edwards - 29

Lee Evans - 29

Drayton Florence - 29

Fred Jackson - 29

Bryan Scott - 29

Reggie Torbor - 29

George Wilson - 29

Geoff Hangartner - 28

Spencer Johnson - 28

Roscoe Parrish - 28

Ryan Fitzpatrick - 27

John McCargo - 27

Kyle Williams - 27

That's the old men on this year's squad.

What can we get for any of them that you think we can part with? Seriously folks.

Most posters would like to toss quite a number of these guys overboard. What would that bring us in return? The only guys with any value wouldn't fetch a 5th pick in next year's Draft except perhaps Lee Evans.

I'm not looking for The Bills to make any moves. Not saying I wouldn't like them to, just saying I'm not expecting any.

When you look at this list, it bothers me that they signed Cornell Green for more than the obvious reason...

When you look at this list, it bothers me that they signed Cornell Green for more than the obvious reason...

you :censored::censored: stop making me feel like 29 is old. I am sick and tired of this :censored::censored: :censored: . I already am annoyed enough I will be thirty next year. :censored: And, to those of you who say I am still young, :censored:! :nana:

It really does put a reality of what life must be like in the NFL. At 29 years old, if I was the average player, first off I would be out of the league 3 or 4 years by now. But, if I was in the NFL I would be looked at as old. Fred Jackson is my freaking age, that amazes me! George Wilson, really?! Those that are younger than me, damn kids! When I get to the mid-30's and hearing the press talk about how players are too old I am going to :censored::censored: