Wade Phillips

Seems as though this is a must win for the Cowboys this week or else.....Bum's son could be out of a job. Phillips would look great in Buffalo again...as a D-Coordinator. Thoughts?

I think Wade is a great coordinator, but just doesn't have what it takes to be a superbowl winning head coach. And in the long run, that's all Jerry is going to look at.

Wade would turn the D around here in a hurry. Unfortunately, he's going to keep trying to be a head coach.

The luster has long gone from Jason Garrett, so now sure what JJ would do? Seems the last couple years much of the Coygirls blame was aimed at JG. I'd think JJ would want an established person brought in, thouhg had to get anyone good that would wok for him. If you fire Wade and don't give JG the job or bring in an outsider, likely he'd be gone at years end, though might not be such as bad thing. One established coach that may have the personality to work with JJ would be Tony Dungy?

totally agree.. never thought he should have been shown the door in the first place!..

Check.

Would love to see Marty Ball as HC, Wade as DC...

... and further making it a wonderland... Machine Gun as OC (he used to call the plays remember), Andreas Reed as receivers coach (what a void this is), and Chris Spielman or Bryce Paupsmear as Linebacker coach. Bruce Smiff as the team DD, Marv as the stadium announcer, Daryl Tally as the Daryl Tally, and the Pill as something because he is the Pill. Booker Edgerson should also have a role because I believe he is a good man.

Bring it home.

Seems as though this is a must win for the Cowboys this week or else.....Bum's son could be out of a job. Phillips would look great in Buffalo again...as a D-Coordinator. Thoughts?

It will never happen! I believe Ralph still owes him some money that he never paid. Would be a great D coach for us though!!

I have been on record saying that Wade will not last until December this year, Romo will get benched this year, a new coach in 2011 and Romo is done after Nov 2011.

I said that last year.

Wade Phillips most likely is done unless he takes the Cowboys to at least the NFC title game. Your off base with the Romo prediction though. No way he's benched or cut this year. He's not the problem there. Phillips is just not HC material.

Wade Phillips most likely is done unless he takes the Cowboys to at least the NFC title game. Your off base with the Romo prediction though. No way he's benched or cut this year. He's not the problem there. Phillips is just not HC material.

He will bench Romo. Romo cannot deal with pressure. I have watched him a little this year and it does not seem like he has matured any to handle the must win games to keep their season alive. Once they start to tank more I think he's going to show some different colors. I think this combined with Wades desire to win than he will pull Romo to get something different. Garrett himself is on the hotseat and people thought he was the reason for Romo's success. At this point it looks like he might be what is plaguing them. Garretts stock has fallen tremendously, which is no fault of Wade. It was clear when Garrett got his big contract that he controls the O. Wade controls the D, and their D doesn't look that bad.

Jones being Jones he'll insist a QB this year, which means they'll have potential next year in their draft pick. A new coach will want some new schemes and Romo is not a very adaptable QB so he'll be on the hotseat. That rookie QB could have some starts next year for the Cowboys.

Does anyone realistically think Wade would come back here after what went down with Ralph when he was let go?

He wouldn't have to. Any sane GM who wants a world class DC would hire Wade. For Wade to come to Buffalo, Ralph would have to pay him more than he pays Gailey, and he would be worth it. We know that aint happening.

It will never happen! I believe Ralph still owes him some money that he never paid. Would be a great D coach for us though!!

Besides the problem with Ralph paying him last time it is an embarrassment to go back as a coordinator to the same team where you had been the HC. Just doesn't happen. OK, it did with Jim Ringo, but that was unusual. But Wade did like living in Buffalo. After he was fired he lived here for a long time afterward when he didn't have any other NFL job.

like so many others: great co, bad HC.

but id absolutely LOVE to see his kind of 3-4 D here

Bingo. I still want to know why so many people want him back.

Wade's defenses were excellent here when he was DC and when Cottrell took over, but he was a horrible head coach in Buffalo. He completely mis-managed the QB situation, was a terrible game-day coach, waffled on almost every major decision, and dumped Bruce DeHaven for the worst special teams coach of all time. He only lasted as long as he did because Flutie masked problems with the OL and the defenses he & Cottrell ran carried the team for 3 years.

I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has in Dallas. I figured he'd be gone once they lost the playoff game to the Giants and Jason Garrett would have taken over. Now I have no clue what Jerry Jones is doing.