Green OUT!

Amstel

I glad everyone here is so happy that our starting right tackle is injured, but seriously, who is going to replace him?

Green was like the smartest kid on the short bus. We really have nobody behind him. How does this help our team again???

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I glad everyone here is so happy that our starting right tackle is injured, but seriously, who is going to replace him?

Green was like the smartest kid on the short bus. We really have nobody behind him. How does this help our team again???

This team is beyond help. If you can't have fun by mocking their ineptitude then following the Bills would be no fun at all.

Anyone know Wang's status? Has he progressed enough to be on the field since the injury? I guess only the coaches would really know but I haven't heard any clips about him other than being on the inactives ach week.

That's what I was wondering as soon as I read that Cord Howard would be our starting RT. It would be nice if someone from this draft class would show some promise or at least get more than token playing time.

That's what I was wondering as soon as I read that Cord Howard would be our starting RT. It would be nice if someone from this draft class would show some promise or at least get more than token playing time.

Remember, there were only 2 good tackles in the entire draft, and both went before the Bills picked at #9, according to Nix's post-draft comments. And since we build exclusively through the draft, that means we missed out on any chance to bring in a quality NFL tackle this offseason.

Anyway, this announcement gives me some sliver of hope for our team's talent evaluators. The reports have said that Green's had some nagging injury since preseason, but hasn't missed any practice time. If this current injury is an aggravation of the nagging thing he's been dealing with all year, then maybe a healthy Cornell Green isn't totally awful, and maybe signing him wasn't the ultra-boneheaded move we all think it was. We can hope, anyway.

Remember, there were only 2 good tackles in the entire draft, and both went before the Bills picked at #9, according to Nix's post-draft comments. And since we build exclusively through the draft, that means we missed out on any chance to bring in a quality NFL tackle this offseason.

Anyway, this announcement gives me some sliver of hope for our team's talent evaluators. The reports have said that Green's had some nagging injury since preseason, but hasn't missed any practice time. If this current injury is an aggravation of the nagging thing he's been dealing with all year, then maybe a healthy Cornell Green isn't totally awful, and maybe signing him wasn't the ultra-boneheaded move we all think it was. We can hope, anyway.

Was it that there were only 2 good ones, or that there were so many big dudes out there that there was no pressure to actually take one because they could grab a starter at any time? The Bills seem to have a certain chutzpah that they can take any big dude and turn him into another Jason Peters success story of late.

Wang is coming out and he will fill the hole

:bag:

Edited by tbonestake

We just gained 10-20 yards a game in non-called penalty yardage!

Kind of early to make that assessment. We may actually wanting him back after a week or two of Howard, or Wrotto. Or maybe they may make us forget him in a hurry. It is too early to know. At least Chan isn't afraid to make a change when something isn't working. Now if he could find some d linemen and linebackers.

Hey, we drafted two franchise tackles this year, Wang and Calloway.

Kind of early to make that assessment. We may actually wanting him back after a week or two of Howard, or Wrotto. Or maybe they may make us forget him in a hurry. It is too early to know. At least Chan isn't afraid to make a change when something isn't working. Now if he could find some d linemen and linebackers.

I remember when linebackers were seemingly a dime-a-dozen in the NFL. It is amazing how this 3-4 makes it impossible to find good LB's and makes you appreciate other teams much more!

Green out, Seachrest...OUT.

Go out there and get that incestuous OT Tony Washington!! Why not give him a try? After all, the "expert" scouts felt that he had 2nd 3rd round talent. So he boinked his sister when he was 16. I'd rather have him than that a guy who's idea of entertainment in smashing dog's heads off of trees!!

That second paragraph sounds like it really could be true.