hope

We all know this year is a wash but keep in mind that Nix was heavily involved in San Diego's rise to prominence and he was also here during the glory years till John Butler left. He may have overestimated the D players ability to switch to a 3/4 and I still hate the Spiller pick but he figures he could be the next LT and has been cutting/trading the dead wood around here like crazy. Some how Luck (if he is smart he will not pull a Linert and stay in, You can't get any higher than the first pick) will come out and we will draft him and we will be on the upswing from there.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

We all know this year is a wash but keep in mind that Nix was heavily involved in San Diego's rise to prominence and he was also here during the glory years till John Butler left. He may have overestimated the D players ability to switch to a 3/4 and I still hate the Spiller pick but he figures he could be the next LT and has been cutting/trading the dead wood around here like crazy. Some how Luck (if he is smart he will not pull a Linert and stay in, You can't get any higher than the first pick) will come out and we will draft him and we will be on the upswing from there.

No more Stanford QB's, please.

If you're a real Bills fan, hope is all we have to hang to each year. It's what allows us to wake up in the morning, and tolerate a crappy team. There is always hope that next year will be better than this year.

technicly we are lucky,at least we have a team to root for, good bad or ugly.do they have a team in idaho,montana,new mexico,

If you're a real Bills fan, hope is all we have to hang to each year. It's what allows us to wake up in the morning, and tolerate a crappy team. There is always hope that next year will be better than this year.

we're not the only team that has only hope...only 12 teams make the playoffs each year. 20 teams lean on hope for the next year. Granted , we are the team with the longest playoff drought , but these years will be forgotten once we finally win the big one.

Hope officially checked out after week 4. We have flatlined early this year.

Come training camp next year if there is one, we are warriors again. Hope springs eternal. Next year. Unless of course there is a lockout in which case we are doomed and the New England game at the end of this season will may be the last NFL game ever played here. Potentially. I HOPE not.

Edited by beerme1

Yeah, we've got hope. I agree with most of this, but at 196 and not build to be bigger, Spiller will never be another LaDainian Tomlinson, who weighs 215. Different types of back. If there's a comparison, it is to Reggie Bush or maybe Warrick Dunn or Sproles.

Barry Sanders wasn't much bigger, but Sanders retired after 1998, and the players on defense were a lot smaller then.

Maybe it has more to do w/ the folks who evaluate talent and less to do w/ some sorta "guilt by school choice" issue.

Agreed. Please people...lets stop this madness. I'm tired of reading posts that say things like "west coast quarterbacks suck" or "please no more QB's from Stanford." This type of logic is simple minded and ridiculous. If the guy has talent worthy of our first pick....then lets draft him!! I don't care if he went to Stanford or the North Dakota School for the Blind. Also, I seem to remember a relatively talented QB from Stanford. His name was John Elway, and I think he had a pretty successful career.

Maybe it has more to do w/ the folks who evaluate talent and less to do w/ some sorta "guilt by school choice" issue.

Agreed. But until the evaluators sober up, no more Stanford QB's just to be on the safe side. Lotta schools out there besides Stanford.

Agreed. Please people...lets stop this madness. I'm tired of reading posts that say things like "west coast quarterbacks suck" or "please no more QB's from Stanford." This type of logic is simple minded and ridiculous. If the guy has talent worthy of our first pick....then lets draft him!! I don't care if he went to Stanford or the North Dakota School for the Blind. Also, I seem to remember a relatively talented QB from Stanford. His name was John Elway, and I think he had a pretty successful career.

No more QB's from North Dakota School for the Blind.

Ya that John Elway guy wasnt very good either

Stanford produced John Brodie, Jim Plunkett & Elway. Since Elway, unless you want to count Schonert, not much.

Brodie played for SF...California team.

Plunket's best effort in NE was 7 wins, he didn't do well until he went to the Raiders, another California team.

Elway was the exception for a Stanford QB playing well for a cold weather NFL team.

No more Stanford QB's.