Its been nice knowing yall; Final notes and more..

Clippers of Nfl

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Clippers, I hear you, pal. Life is difficult. My father didn't start a business that I can take over. And he appears to be saving his money for himself and my mom in their retirement. We've had some great times in the past, and I have thousands of fond memories and enjoyable experiences. But, because of these recent developments in which I do not get what I want handed to me, I will be choosing a new father- Bill Gates. I love you daddy. At least until my MSN stock options go in the tank. Then I reserve the right to reconisder, and choose a new father who can provide what I need.

I can't go back. When my real father passes on, and in his attic, paperwork is discovered that he owns the patent for conductive material used in all electric cars, and the family is rich and successful beyond all imagination, I get no enjoyment out of it. I do not get to celebrate this good fortune. Even as I try to wiggle back in to the family picture, deep down I know that all I have is myself and a trail of false loyalties.

So good luck with the Seahawks. Say hi to Papa Gates for me if you see him in Seattle.

I really don't get this whole you can't follow another team mentality. If someone wants to follow another team and presumably a better team (yeah like that's hard) what's the big deal. Probably says more about our stupidity than the OP's allegiance.

I really don't get this whole you can't follow another team mentality. If someone wants to follow another team and presumably a better team (yeah like that's hard) what's the big deal. Probably says more about our stupidity than the OP's allegiance.

You certainly could do that...I think it just seems like a foreign concept to most. It's hard to imagine you could derive any true joy out of randomly "picking" some team and declaring them your favorite, even if they did win a championship. If you were a supporter of the Cleveland Indians for 20+ years, could you REALLY be excited about the Phillies winning the World Series just because you said to yourself, "I'm a Phillies fan now." ??? Even if you said you were excited, could it even come close to replicating the joy of the Indians winning a title?

It seems like a very diminished sports experience and defies the whole point of having a "favorite" team.

I can certainly understand "following" another team, especially if you have moved away from the city of your favorite team. I could see a baseball fan from Cleveland who now lives in Philadelphia adopting the Phillies as his hometown team, just because the games are on TV, he probably attends a few at the stadium, and that's what the people and news are talking about. But to just abandon your previous favorite? Perhaps some could...I could not.

You're not a TRUE bills fan.....

actually i am. you all must have missed the part where i said i would still watch ALL the bills games....

now if i said something like "im abandoning the bills FOREVER" then you could post these types of comments.

i think 10+ years of getting our asses spanked has earned me the right to take a freaking bills break till next year.

i gotta have lunch now. will reply a little more once i get a break.

Why do people insist on coming onto this board and announce you are giving up on the team and leaving.

Just go, we don't care, the board won't fall apart without you. If we don't hear from you ever again, we're probably all better off.

You certainly could do that...I think it just seems like a foreign concept to most. It's hard to imagine you could derive any true joy out of randomly "picking" some team and declaring them your favorite, even if they did win a championship. If you were a supporter of the Cleveland Indians for 20+ years, could you REALLY be excited about the Phillies winning the World Series just because you said to yourself, "I'm a Phillies fan now." ??? Even if you said you were excited, could it even come close to replicating the joy of the Indians winning a title?

It seems like a very diminished sports experience and defies the whole point of having a "favorite" team.

I can certainly understand "following" another team, especially if you have moved away from the city of your favorite team. I could see a baseball fan from Cleveland who now lives in Philadelphia adopting the Phillies as his hometown team, just because the games are on TV, he probably attends a few at the stadium, and that's what the people and news are talking about. But to just abandon your previous favorite? Perhaps some could...I could not.

Thank you.

actually i am. you all must have missed the part where i said i would still watch ALL the bills games....

now if i said something like "im abandoning the bills FOREVER" then you could post these types of comments.

i think 10+ years of getting our asses spanked has earned me the right to take a freaking bills break till next year.

i gotta have lunch now. will reply a little more once i get a break.

I've got NFL Sunday Ticket so I "follow" a lot of other teams too. That doesn't mean that I give a damn about who wins or loses though.

Why do people insist on coming onto this board and announce you are giving up on the team and leaving.

Just go, we don't care, the board won't fall apart without you. If we don't hear from you ever again, we're probably all better off.

I agree that these posts are getting tiresome. I propose to SDS a change in the TSW terms of service. If you feel the need create a LAMP declaring that you are no longer a fan of the Bills then you are immediately banned.

i know you dont care. i know the board wont fall apart. i was trying to do 2 things

1. simply say see ya later guys. i'll check in later on. (for the 1 or two guys that maybe enjoyed my little jokes)

2. giving yall a coping method. which is follow another team. not leave the bills. but at least root for something to make the sport/games more watchable. EVERYONE IS THEIR OWN BOSS/HEAD. do what pleases you. im going to try this method.

What does it mean? I don't get it.

It means when you say you're done with the Bills and switching to another team, you're declaring you're no longer a Bills fan. So next year when they turn it around, and you come back to being a Bills fan, you can only say you've been a Bills fan since 2011, not when you originally became a fan.

It means when you say you're done with the Bills and switching to another team, you're declaring you're no longer a Bills fan. So next year when they turn it around, and you come back to being a Bills fan, you can only say you've been a Bills fan since 2011, not when you originally became a fan.

Since I moved to San Francisco last year I've gone to telling people I'm from Southern CA instead of Buffalo. It's so much better this way. Now they just hate me instead of feeling sorry for me.

OK, cool, that makes sense. I had seen that quote in your sig for awhile now and never understood what it was referring to, but I like that philosophy.

I guess it is a little dissapointing to see Bills fans dumping the team and deciding that they need a new "favorite." I will however be forever a Bills fan. I love them regardless of thier record, and I have way to many great memories of this team to stop pulling for them.

I do have a few other teams that I pull for every weekend. The packers (small market team that made it work), and the Colts. I will never forgive ralph wilson for letting polian go. I also like the Colts because the patsies fans hate them. I would NEVER cheer for either of these teams if they were playing the Bills though.

About 10 years ago, I was living in Boston, and was getting back into hockey. I've lived all over, and before the days of NHL Center Ice, and good internet that allowed you to watch games and check scores easily I just lost interest in hockey. A friend took me to a Bruins game! I remembered how much I liked hockey, and we started going to a bunch of games. I was really becoming a fan of the Bruins. I went to the pro shop one day and actually thought about buying a jersey!

Then my buddy scored two tickets to a Sabres/Bruins game. I think he was hoping to complete some kind of experiment in which I would cheer for the Bruins against my old hometown team..... At one point in the game, the swords scored, and I unintentionally jumped up and screamed for the sabres. Haven't been to bruins game since (been to a bunch of sabres games in Boston though!)

I will never abandon my team! If the Bills do happen to get sold off to the highest bidder some day soon (ralph can't live forever), I probably will just stop watching football that often. I just don't think it will be that important to me. Unless of course an expansion team lands in Buffalo, then I'll be headed west on I -90 back to Buffalo!

Oh yeah,

GO BILLS!