Do I have this right? Torbor speaks at a 'players only' meeti

Dr. Trooth

Torbor calls the meeting and is the only one to speak? WTF? I thought Nix re-upped Kelsay because he was such a locker room presence. Jeezus... 6m for a locker room guy? Nix must mean he sets a good example for all the other players for what he's trying to build... just keep your trap shut, don't B word, everything is good, and when Ralph tells you to fetch him a cup of coffee do it and do it quickly.

And Whitner? WTF? He didn't have anything to say? That dude can't keep his mouth shut. Torbor must have shoved both of his sockes in Whitners's pie hole.

Torbor calls the meeting and is the only one to speak? WTF? I thought Nix re-upped Kelsay because he was such a locker room presence. Jeezus... 6m for a locker room guy? Nix must mean he sets a good example for all the other players for what he's trying to build... just keep your trap shut, don't B word, everything is good, and when Ralph tells you to fetch him a cup of coffee do it and do it quickly.

And Whitner? WTF? He didn't have anything to say? That dude can't keep his mouth shut. Torbor must have shoved both of his sockes in Whitners's pie hole.

You can't blame Kelsay. If I knew that I was a large part of the problem and just got a $24M extension, I'd keep my mouth shut too! Don't want players calling each other out and holding one another accountable for their play on the field..

I was under the impression that it was Torbor's meeting based on what I had read. He wanted to draw on his experience with both losing and winning in the NFL. Kelsay and Whitner have no legitimate experience winning in this league so I'm not sure there's anything they could contribute to such a conversation. If there were opportunities for others to step up and speak and they chose not to then that is a sad indictment for the character of this roster, though.

The story I read didn't say anything about Reggie Torbor calling the meeting. Fred Jackson said Torbor "was one of the main guys talking." That suggests other players talked as well. But, at the end of the day, who cares who called the meeting. These "players only" meetings are what good teams do when they hit a bad patch or what lousy teams do when they stink like a truckload of pig s**t.

The difference is that good teams can turn things around. Bad teams ... well ... are still bad teams.

You can't blame Kelsay. If I knew that I was a large part of the problem and just got a $24M extension, I'd keep my mouth shut too! Don't want players calling each other out and holding one another accountable for their play on the field..

I agree 100%... The offense was already calling out the D this year when one of the Olinemen got into Maybin's ear durring training camp about "earning his pay"... After listening to Torbor it really calmed my nerves about this team especially coming from someone who's been through the ups and downs as opposed to someone who's just been straight up down... It all goes back to what I said about how important it is to have someone who knows what they're doing on the field to help lead the team off the field...

I agree 100%... The offense was already calling out the D this year when one of the Olinemen got into Maybin's ear durring training camp about "earning his pay"... After listening to Torbor it really calmed my nerves about this team especially coming from someone who's been through the ups and downs as opposed to someone who's just been straight up down... It all goes back to what I said about how important it is to have someone who knows what they're doing on the field to help lead the team off the field...

I hope we can find him in next years draft. <_<

It's nice to see someone step up in the locker room but he brings up the point that there is no veteran leadership in the locker room. its upsetting that a FA brought in during training camp is the one to step up and say something. we need a player like that who can inspire the team but there needs to be more ownership and pride.

We know fans aren't showing up, we understand all that, but we also understand that theyre not showing up because we're 0-5. You want fans to come, WIN.

New favorite Bill, right here.

And he says himself that he was the one to call the meeting, and based on why he thought he should (Taylor in Miami, Strahan in NY) it's clear that Whitner and Kelsay are not in a position to call such meetings. I'll take this opportunity to appreciate Torbor, without having to hate on the other vets. Good for him.

Have to say I have a lot of respect for Torbor after seeing that. Not sure if no one else speaking up is an indictment of the lack of other leadership - or perhaps on this day the other players were just deferring to him letting him be the lone speaker at 'his' meeting out of respect. It is scary (depressing) that there just seems to be SO many players that apparently lack the inner drive or attitude to make themselves or the team better - and now only after going 0-5 players are starting to see the need to 'get it'? - it kind of boggles the mind.

Have to say I have a lot of respect for Torbor after seeing that. Not sure if no one else speaking up is an indictment of the lack of other leadership - or perhaps on this day the other players were just deferring to him letting him be the lone speaker at 'his' meeting out of respect. It is scary (depressing) that there just seems to be SO many players that apparently lack the inner drive or attitude to make themselves or the team better - and now only after going 0-5 players are starting to see the need to 'get it'? - it kind of boggles the mind.

Why should it? 4 years of "It's hard to win in the NFL" attitude will do that. Jauron fostered an atmosphere where losing was not only tolerated, it was acceptable.

Gailey has his hands full. It took 4 years to get to this situation. It will not be cured in one off season, and a handful of games.

New favorite Bill, right here.

And he says himself that he was the one to call the meeting, and based on why he thought he should (Taylor in Miami, Strahan in NY) it's clear that Whitner and Kelsay are not in a position to call such meetings. I'll take this opportunity to appreciate Torbor, without having to hate on the other vets. Good for him.

Amen. Kelsay got an extension (which I didn't like), so now no one else can call a meeting? Seems like a stupid conclusion.

Edited by Offsides Number 76

Amen. Kelsay got an extension (which I didn't like), so now no one else can call a meeting? Seems like a stupid conclusion

No... it's not Kelsay'sextension, it's why he was given the extension. Buddy Nix came right out and said it was because of his value in the locker room. Well, based on that statement, and the fact that Kelsay is a team captain, you would expect that he would be the guy on the soap box.

Nix's BS about Kelsay being a great locker room guy is pure front office spin for not being able to justify handing him another $6m/yr. Fans can adequately measure his on field performance and come to their own conclusion. However, the fans can't measure his performance in the locker room. Only the FO, coaches and players can observe that.

Nothing I read said he called the meeting or was the only one to speak at it. It sounded like he was one of the most remembered speakers, but not the only one. I don't care that he spoke or was the main speaker, but I do wonder what Whitner and Kelsey had to say.

Torbor calls the meeting and is the only one to speak? WTF? I thought Nix re-upped Kelsay because he was such a locker room presence. Jeezus... 6m for a locker room guy? Nix must mean he sets a good example for all the other players for what he's trying to build... just keep your trap shut, don't B word, everything is good, and when Ralph tells you to fetch him a cup of coffee do it and do it quickly.And Whitner? WTF? He didn't have anything to say? That dude can't keep his mouth shut. Torbor must have shoved both of his sockes in Whitners's pie hole.

The way they've been cutting 'players', maybe he's the only one still left on the team...

Nothing I read said he called the meeting or was the only one to speak at it. It sounded like he was one of the most remembered speakers, but not the only one. I don't care that he spoke or was the main speaker, but I do wonder what Whitner and Kelsey had to say.

in the video interview linked on this page, he says he called the meeting and was the only one to speak.

you should really watch the video, very informative. and after watching, there is no way Kelsay or Whitner could call the same meeting or even talk during it. Torbor spoke from his experiences with winning teams. Neither of our players have that experience.