I didn't have the energy to see what other posts are out there, but where the hell is this guy? I don't think we're getting nearly enough out of him. It may not be his fault, whether it's coahcing, playing time, play calling, whatever, but I really expected him to have a positive impact at this point in his first season.

I didn't have the energy to see what other posts are out there, but where the hell is this guy? I don't think we're getting nearly enough out of him. It may not be his fault, whether it's coahcing, playing time, play calling, whatever, but I really expected him to have a positive impact at this point in his first season.

He played a ton yesterday.

I've been thinking the same thing, although I think he did make a play or two yesterday. At this point, however, I truly believe that coaching is seriously flawed on that side of the ball right now. It's clear that guys are out of position all over the place on most every play. I saw in another post that someone at the game heard Stroud come to the sideline and shouting something to the effect of "Do we even know the f*** is going on out there?" Something's got to give... this team would be far from the worst team in the league right now with even an avg. defense.

i watched him extensively yesterday.....he did NOT look good. first of all, he does the strangest thing.... right at the snap....he stands up, but he crimps/bends his left leg, almost as if to get lower to gain leverage.....but he gets ZERO push.....and most times he didn't even hold the point of attack....he got bent over backwards and pushed back.

Edited by papazoid

Not to snipe at other fans, but I just don't get why everyone is calling for a QB change, trading Lee, etc. when we have by far the worst defense in the league. We're giving opponents over 200 yards per game on the ground and over 30 points per game over the last month or so. Seriously, we're scoring enough points lately to actually win a game or two with even an average defensive performance. But, letting the 22nd best offense in the league score on 8 of their last 9 possessions? Oof.

Seriously, we're scoring enough points lately to actually win a game or two with even an average defensive performance.

I'm not too impressed with it. The Bills have been scoring because they're playing against teams with defenses that are statistically worse than their own. The Bills are ranked 28th in the league in total defense after yesterday. Guess which teams are 29th and 30th: the Patriots and Jaguars. Both are allowing more yards and more yards per play than the Bills.

Against teams that can actually play defense, the Bills' offense hasn't done anything, averaging 10.3 points per game in three games against the Packers, Jets and Dolphins.

Really? I saw him involved. As far as rookie DT's go, you get next to nothing in year 1 - even the elite one's. I wanted linval Jospeh ahead of Troup, but let's not get silly here - rookie DT's for the most part are projects. Now, if you want to flog a Bill, let's discuss, (in no particular order), Maybin, Puslusny, Green, any TE, or perhaps an administrator is more suitable - say Modrak?

I myself am going with Poz as he is still heralded as some form of capable inside backer. Look - he get's numbers, but of the pushed a guy out and dragged down field type...in other words, he hits "lightly". Most inside backers should be a lights out hitter - Poz simply is not. And to his pass coverage abilities...please, I am wishing for Ray Bently here. Really - why does everyone love him so? Watch another game...most any other game and queue on their insider backer(s) - any one of them...I almost guaranty you will see more.

Not to snipe at other fans, but I just don't get why everyone is calling for a QB change, trading Lee, etc. when we have by far the worst defense in the league. We're giving opponents over 200 yards per game on the ground and over 30 points per game over the last month or so. Seriously, we're scoring enough points lately to actually win a game or two with even an average defensive performance. But, letting the 22nd best offense in the league score on 8 of their last 9 possessions? Oof.

I agreee. The defense needs to be fixed first.

He was the guy blowing up the right guard and tipping the ball on Davis' interception. Inconsistent, but he did show flashes yesterday.

He played most of game next to Williams.

I've been thinking the same thing, although I think he did make a play or two yesterday. At this point, however, I truly believe that coaching is seriously flawed on that side of the ball right now. It's clear that guys are out of position all over the place on most every play. I saw in another post that someone at the game heard Stroud come to the sideline and shouting something to the effect of "Do we even know the f*** is going on out there?" Something's got to give... this team would be far from the worst team in the league right now with even an avg. defense.

In the Jets game the D was just physicially beaten no and's, if's, or but's. In the Jags game this week I saw more mental lapses and players either out of position, taking the wrong angles, running themselves out of the play, over pursuing, etc. How many times did Jacksonville run the reverse play for 20+ yards? Each time the DE and OL on that side of the field ran themselves out of position instead of maintaining their gap and holding the edge.

What is this defense anyway, a 4-3, a 3-4, what is the DC's schemes and what is he calling out there? IMO, we've got an inexperienced DC with a steep learning curve trying to install a scheme with players that are totally unfamilar with it. At this point I'm left wondering if the Bills version of the 3-4 is named after the number of points they intend to allow vs. any kind of player configuration. For all intents and purposes this is the same group of players as last year and I see a serious coaching issue here.

As for the original thread topic I thought Troup played well considering it was his first experience with extended playing time....

Troup is not the problem. The lack of the lb's to get off blocks and run to the ball exposes them when runner bounces it outside or if the other team runs a reverse, our cb's and lbs are single blocked by te's, rb's and wr's. Troup actually drew a double team a few plays; a rarity.