1st Pick my arse

Dr. Trooth

Let's suppose the Bils go 0-16 and have the 1st pick. No way in hell Bills use that pick to draft a player. They trade it, and here's why.

The biggest reason they trade out of it is because...

Ralph ain't going to pony up $30M in guaranteed money to an unproven player... especially given the Bills track record of drafting over the past 10 years.

Reason #2 is because they need so many players. This team is so bad the NFL could give them five picks in the top 15 of the 2011 draft and the Bills would still end up drafting in the top five in 2012.

I thought today's attendance would be 53,000 or less. Well, there must 5,000 fans into self flagellation, cuz just watching this team on TV or listening on the radio is sadistic torture.

When the Bills are winless at Christmas, will that be enough to send attendance to an all time low, or will that happen sooner?

Let's suppose the Bils go 0-16 and have the 1st pick. No way in hell Bills use that pick to draft a player. They trade it, and here's why.

Ralph ain't going to pony up $30M in guaranteed money to an unproven player... especially given the Bills track record of drafting over the past 10 years.

Reason #2 is because they need so many players. This team is so bad the NFL could give them five picks in the top 15 of the 2011 draft and the Bills would still end up drafting in the top five in 2012.

I thought today's attendance would be 53,000 or less. Well, there must 5,000 fans into self flagellation, cuz just watching this team on TV or listening on the radio is sadistic torture.

When the Bills are winless at Christmas, will that be enough to send attendance to an all time low, or will that happen sooner?

And yet you are still here...

This makes no sense at all.......

Edited by BuffaloBaumer

Bullcrap. If we are bad enough to have the number one pick, Ralph will know he needs that franchise face to sell tickets. Trade out of the top spot so we can draft a linebacker or wideout instead of a franchise QB? Please.

I'm with Dr. Trooth on this one (in fact I posted this same message in another thread before his). NO WAY in hell Ralph pays out that kinda cabbage to a rookie. And it ain't $30M - isn't it closer to $50M for a #1 overall QB these days?

I'm with Dr. Trooth on this one (in fact I posted this same message in another thread before his). NO WAY in hell Ralph pays out that kinda cabbage to a rookie. And it ain't $30M - isn't it closer to $50M for a #1 overall QB these days?

The new CBA will have a rookie wage scale. The money won't be the same for the top 10 players as it has been in the past. And if there is

a lockout no contracts will be signed until there is a new CBA anyway. Bills should trade out of that spot if they can pick up the extra picks

it would take a team to move up. They need a lot of picks.

The new CBA will have a rookie wage scale. The money won't be the same for the top 10 players as it has been in the past. And if there is

a lockout no contracts will be signed until there is a new CBA anyway. Bills should trade out of that spot if they can pick up the extra picks

it would take a team to move up. They need a lot of picks.

If there is an agreement before the draft next April, and if it includes a rookie wage scale, and if it survives the lawsuits that may encumber it, and if the Bills have the top pick, I think they will draft Luck or the best available player. If those things don't happen, they will try like hell to trade the number one position for multiple picks.

Spin: We must rebuild the team through the draft. Reality: Because they can't attract top players through free agency.

Reality 2: The Bills have consistently drafted so poorly (especially with their top picks) that they cannot rebuild through the draft. Some day, someone will blow the whistle on what has been going on behind the scenes that has made the organization so dysfunctional. We all have our guesses, but I know it would be an interesting story for a book.

If there is an agreement before the draft next April, and if it includes a rookie wage scale, and if it survives the lawsuits that may encumber it, and if the Bills have the top pick, I think they will draft Luck or the best available player. If those things don't happen, they will try like hell to trade the number one position for multiple picks.

Spin: We must rebuild the team through the draft. Reality: Because they can't attract top players through free agency.

Reality 2: The Bills have consistently drafted so poorly (especially with their top picks) that they cannot rebuild through the draft. Some day, someone will blow the whistle on what has been going on behind the scenes that has made the organization so dysfunctional. We all have our guesses, but I know it would be an interesting story for a book.

I could see the NFL, as a possible offering to the NFLPA, yielding the rookie wage scale during CBA negotiations. That doesn't mean it's not an issue, just that both sides know the success of the NFL stands in the balance.

This is a problem owners created with help from scrupulous agents. 1st rounders on average receive 15-20% more over the same slot from a year earlier. If the same holds true in 2011 and Buffalo selects a QB, the kid will get 55-60M! I too have a hard time seeing anyone paying that out, let alone Buffalo.

That's for normal franchises that make trades of close to equal value. Someone will take it if we give it away, like say a 5th or 6th rounder in the 2012 draft.

Were you trying to be remotely realistic at all? Because the cost for the #1 overall pick would be their first, second, and likely third or fourth. It has been said before, but trading in/out of #1 just doesn't happen and won't in 2011.

Were you trying to be remotely realistic at all? Because the cost for the #1 overall pick would be their first, second, and likely third or fourth. It has been said before, but trading in/out of #1 just doesn't happen and won't in 2011.

Fix your sarcasm filter. And the point was Nix has proven he'll take less than market value if he wants to make a move bad enough. If he's desperate to move out of #1 overall, he'll take whatever he can get, which will likely be much less than the price you name above.

We never trade back to get more picks like we should have this past offseason. We had the #1 and picked Bruce, if we get it this year we will draft Luck. Ralph can't stand empty pockets ... er seats so he will do whatever he can to get more people in there to make money.

New CBA means a possible change in draft pick money. Vet players want the unproven rookies to take less while the owners are all for players getting less. Ralph takes the best QB and bargains for a slotting system so he doesn't have to pay a kings ransom for the top pick.