Wood Sucks

Eric Wood's development was obviously stunted by his injury and I hope he will develop into one of the top guards in football, but he sucks right now.

He gets no push in the run game and his immobility is increasingly targeted through stunts and interior blitzes on passing downs.

Demetrius Bell is further towards becoming a serviceable lineman at this stage of his career.

Eric Wood's development was obviously stunted by his injury and I hope he will develop into one of the top guards in football, but he sucks right now.

He gets no push in the run game and his immobility is increasingly targeted through stunts and interior blitzes on passing downs.

Demetrius Bell is further towards becoming a serviceable lineman at this stage of his career.

:thumbdown: This was the week he was sappose to return. He is WAY ahead of schedule for that injury....

The entire line sucks...just noticed now? Flush all 5 of them and start over.

Your first premise is correct. Wood is not a servicable lineman at this point in his career probably because of his leg. (and I am not giving him a free pass) If you start on O line in the NFL you need to be much better than he has shown. However, D. Bell is even worse. His technique on the hold was ridiculous. All he had to do was fall on the D lineman down by the goalline because the guy was taking himself out of the play. Instead he hogtied him around the neck. Just a dumb mistake. He is really too small and not powerful enough to start on the Oline in the NFL.

Your first premise is correct. Wood is not a servicable lineman at this point in his career probably because of his leg. (and I am not giving him a free pass) If you start on O line in the NFL you need to be much better than he has shown. However, D. Bell is even worse. His technique on the hold was ridiculous. All he had to do was fall on the D lineman down by the goalline because the guy was taking himself out of the play. Instead he hogtied him around the neck. Just a dumb mistake. He is really too small and not powerful enough to start on the Oline in the NFL.

Amen, no reason to hold as the right tackle had basically dove forward and was falling down anyway, it was so Buffalo, I think the play after, there was a no call in the endzone on a Jag holding a Bills receiver.

The fact that you call Eric Wood out is a complete joke and this post is a waste of time. The team needs to Fix the D and about a hundred more things! Then worry about Eric Wood

This is what I saw, a defender taking himself out of the play. Why throw the flag? I have Sunday ticket and it happens all the time, there is some contact from a DB but the ball was not catchable, no flag. Today a Bills DL was thrown to the ground by the same technique and no flag. I thought it was a bad call by the refs.

And what about that flag on Freddie for a chop block? How can you miss that play that bad as a ref? Gailey was furious about that one.

About Wood, he is running hot and cold this year. He's getting beat at times. Today was a mental mistake I noticed at the beginning of the game where he failed to pick up a stunt. After that I didn't notice him in a bad light. Urbik play a couple of snaps for him.

He's coming back from a catastrophic knee injury. He gets a pass for the entire season. After having his leg snapped in half he's lucky to even be able to play football. He'll get more comfortable and stronger. It just needs time.

If he's not doing the job then why is he starting?

This is a results oriented game. I guess the Bills had the luxury to ignore the offensive line at the top end of the draft. There is no defense for the bad decisions being made at OBD.