Wood Sucks

Eric Wood's development was obviously stunted by his injury and I hope he will develop into one of the top guards in football, but he sucks right now.

He gets no push in the run game and his immobility is increasingly targeted through stunts and interior blitzes on passing downs.

Demetrius Bell is further towards becoming a serviceable lineman at this stage of his career.

If Wood is still in his first sixteen games and is trying to come back from a really ugly injury and if he is not playing well enough to be starting, is he out there because the coaches don't know what they are doing, or is he playing because the other players at that position are worse?

Ummmmmmm.....FJ average 6+ yards a carry, the QB has a 120 QB rating, the offense puts up 26 points and you are calling out the offensive line?

Wow....let's look at the priorities. Wood is far from the problem on this team. Give me a defense that can hold a team to 20-24 points a game and then we'll talk

Ummmmmmm.....FJ average 6+ yards a carry, the QB has a 120 QB rating, the offense puts up 26 points and you are calling out the offensive line?

Wow....let's look at the priorities. Wood is far from the problem on this team. Give me a defense that can hold a team to 20-24 points a game and then we'll talk

The offense is doing OK because of Fitzpatrick (who most people are still calling to be replaced asap), not the OL. Wood has been very shaky and the Bills have been sitting him for periods of the game. The problem is that the other options are not doing much better. Nevertheless, you are correct. The defense is a bigger problem right now.

Woods is being played back into shape so he will be fully healed next year. If we waited till next year he would have to get use to playing again then. This line did block for Fred Jackson today at 6.1 yards a carry. You don't see Woods getting penalities every game. Urbik comes in alot to spell Woods. A man who plays one of the hardest positions physically in the NFL comes back in less than a year from snapping his leg in half should get a pass. He is not the problem but a solution for the future. Wow!!!!! :wallbash: