Is Warren Buffett a class traitor

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:doh: Boy, I sure fell into this one.

And here is why many of us want a smaller government. It is made up of people that are not to be trusted, easily corrupted, selfish and just plain greedy. This will never change. Our current fearless leader suckered all of you into thinking is could be done and it can't. So the solution is not to change the people that make up the government because you can't so the only solution is to limit the scope of the government. The last thing you should ever want to have happen is give the government more control.

And here is why many of us want a smaller government. It is made up of people that are not to be trusted, easily corrupted, selfish and just plain greedy. This will never change. Our current fearless leader suckered all of you into thinking is could be done and it can't. So the solution is not to change the people that make up the government because you can't so the only solution is to limit the scope of the government. The last thing you should ever want to have happen is give the government more control.

Wrong.

If it's comical why are you so in love with the government?

I doubt anyone is in love with our government as it is presently constituted, and just because I loath about every Republican except Ron Paul doesn't mean I have too much respect for the Democrats either- I think that the Government is in a big cesspool with 1. wall street, bankers, finance 2. Military industry 3. Big Energy 4. Big Pharm 5. Big Farm, the main turds in the bowl- the whole government is becoming systemically corrupt and there are no easy fixes just a lot of unpleasant to abysmal choices, corruption is the hallmark of a third world country and that's where we are headed. As for the economy, stupid spending won't help us neither will stupid cuts, QE the way they are doing it is also a joke-

People who advocate stimulus don't seem to understand that the level of stimulus produced by each dollar spent is a fraction of what it use to be, consumption doesn't work very well to stimulate the economy because so little is produced here, trickle down tax cuts for the rich do very little because in the global economy money can be invested anywhere, infrastructure construction can work but it has to be something that has value in the end, any government that had the future in mind for this country would have plans for a hundred+ nuclear plants, hundreds of desalination facilities, would be developing coal to liquid fuel with bio-fuel mediation of CO2, would be starting hundreds of binary geothermal plants, would be starting high speed rail, would be starting vertical farming, would be starting soil conservation and remediation.

well I'm going off topic which is why I usually try to keep it brief as I start to lose my sense of humor when I get into it. I'll save why I think most people who talk about cutting government are disingenuous or morons for later.

1. wall street, bankers, finance 2. Military industry 3. Big Energy 4. Big Pharm 5. Big Farm, the main turds in the bowl-

It's not that people so much "love" the government, it's that a certain sect of the population believe that the government can "solve" our problems.

On another note, I was just wondering, do you view these entities as some sort of evil and sinister part of society? Anyone who uses the term "Big" before any industry is someone who has some sort of resentment towards these sectors of the economy and usually gets their talking points from the likes of either MSNBC, Huffpo, Daily Kos or some other sort of "turd" progressive think tank......

Half this board here form their opinions from conservative outlets and a quarter of you (you included) from liberal channels. Learn to think for yourself, form your own original opinions, broaden your horizon and look into other view points to form a better more well-rounded opinion on matters.

I am fiscal a conservative. But I go against the conservative talking point spin doctors when it comes to taxing policies on certain sectors of the economy to alter behavior. I go against the grain when it comes to cutting defense spending. I am for allowing the Bush Tax cuts to expire. I believe that the repeal of GS played a significant role in the financial crisis. On social issues, I pretty much align myself on the liberal spectrum when it comes to gay marriage, legalization of marijuana (and other drugs) separation of church and state and many other issues.

My point is that people need to learn to think for themselves and you obviously form your opinions from the outlets that I previously mentioned. How do I know this? Well, I read and watch news from many diffent perspectives and I recognize the talking points. You are consisten with your jargon that you use, which aligns yourself to a tee with the progressive partisans. You are not to different than the extreme right, you demonize important and useful sectors of the economy. It's sad, it's sad that someone would want to speak negatively of our military and characterize them as "turds in a pool", along with the farming and energy industry.

Other than this, I pretty much agreed with the rest of your post.

Tell me... Why should I waste me time on you? You are wrong... You can go back and read what I have said abuot individualistic culture. That is where the well is being posioned.

So you don't agree with the culture that's made this country what it is? Move to China, I hear they don't like an individualistic culture there. The individualistic culture is what has filled that well with gold not poisoned it.

So you don't agree with the culture that's made this country what it is? Move to China, I hear they don't like an individualistic culture there. The individualistic culture is what has filled that well with gold not poisoned it.

And gold corrupts. It is also the number one reason why the gov't has been corrupted... Especially in the last 30 years.

You know Jim, there is a happy balance... And we seen it in the post war years...

And gold corrupts. It is also the number one reason why the gov't has been corrupted... Especially in the last 30 years.

You know Jim, there is a happy balance... And we seen it in the post war years...

Gold also motivates and in my opinion it's a bigger motivator that curruptor. But you keep demonizing people motivated by money.

Edited by Chef Jim

You are not to different than the extreme right, you demonize important and useful sectors of the economy. It's sad, it's sad that someone would want to speak negatively of our military and characterize them as "turds in a pool", along with the farming and energy industry.

Other than this, I pretty much agreed with the rest of your post.

If you are implying when I write military industry I'm talking about our brave veterans- well I know you are smart enough to know better, you know I'm talking about the corporations which profit off the Military, Northrop Grumman, DynCorp, Mantech, KBR , Blackwater/Xe/U.S. Training center/Eagle Inc/ and whatever the hell they are calling themselves now to name a few. It's not that I think these companies are run by villains rubbing there hands together and laughing maniacally but it's a problem that these companies are so intertwined with the government through direct campaign finance, staffer duality, and a 50 state employment strategy.It's a problem when we can't get rid of weapon systems that the Pentagon says it doesn't need or want. It's a problem when nation defense goals are mixed with the profit motive. You put together this conflict of interest with two undeclared wars that lack transparency as to what their end goals are, and the fact that there is almost nothing as corrosive to individual liberties as a long term war footing and it's a problem.

If you are implying when I write military industry I'm talking about our brave veterans- well I know you are smart enough to know better, you know I'm talking about the corporations which profit off the Military, Northrop Grumman, DynCorp, Mantech, KBR , Blackwater/Xe/U.S. Training center/Eagle Inc/ and whatever the hell they are calling themselves now to name a few. It's not that I think these companies are run by villains rubbing there hands together and laughing maniacally but it's a problem that these companies are so intertwined with the government through direct campaign finance, staffer duality, and a 50 state employment strategy.It's a problem when we can't get rid of weapon systems that the Pentagon says it doesn't need or want. It's a problem when nation defense goals are mixed with the profit motive. You put together this conflict of interest with two undeclared wars that lack transparency as to what their end goals are, and the fact that there is almost nothing as corrosive to individual liberties as a long term war footing and it's a problem.

Sir, you have not a clue. Get your head out of the liberal blogs and speak to someone in military procurement. Im not saying there arent ELEMENTS of what you describe, but if you think the Pentagon is saddled with TOO MUCH budget and TOO MANY weapons systems "they dont want", and this is all due to profit motives youre nuts. I live on an Island whose economy is STILL trying to recover from the exact OPPOSITE of what you describe above, 20 years after the fact.

Ill wait for Tom to set it straight.

Sir, you have not a clue. Get your head out of the liberal blogs and speak to someone in military procurement. Im not saying there arent ELEMENTS of what you describe, but if you think the Pentagon is saddled with TOO MUCH budget and TOO MANY weapons systems "they dont want", and this is all due to profit motives youre nuts. I live on an Island whose economy is STILL trying to recover from the exact OPPOSITE of what you describe above, 20 years after the fact.

Ill wait for Tom to set it straight.

I think you need to listed to the words of a president who spoke of these things a long long time ago.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2465144342633379864#

What ..bob speaks of is nothing new or revolutionary, and what he's saying is definitely true. But it's also true that you are always wrong, and I have no idea how you manage to pull off that statistical impossibility.

Edited by conner

Gold also motivates and in my opinion it's a bigger motivator that curruptor. But you keep demonizing people motivated by money.

Happy balance thats the key, I have nothing against the profit motive and begrudge no one who has gotten rich by producing a better product or service- but is it hard to understand being against profit by fraud or manipulation?- I'm sure you'd be against people engaging in a home repair swindle or a auto mechanic doing fraudulent repairs- are you not also concerned when rating agencies give AAA ratings to junk, when accounting allows insolvent companies to appear to be profiting, when financial institutions are allowed to arbitrage tens of billions between nearly zero rate fed loans and 3% treasury bonds.

I am not simply demonizing people motivated by money... I am demonizing them for being motivated by excessive money or greed. That is what has infiltrated the gov't in the last 30 years... And that culture has come from the individual. The "me first" generation. Just think... Say you are an individual in the private sector going to work everyday expecting to make a payoff... What is going to happen when they hit the public sector one day? Corruption is sure to follow. That is exactly how "the well" has been posioned. Don't chalk this up to human nature, it starts what people are taught in the private sector and bleeds into the public sector.

States that have individualistic cultures do have a higher concentration of gov't corruption. If it was purely 'human nature" one would expect to see this across the board.

:lol:

That is such a thoroughly retarded statement. Conner, it's time to give EII his account back.

States that have individualistic cultures do have a higher concentration of gov't corruption. If it was purely 'human nature" one would expect to see this across the board.

Where do you come up with this schit? Link? If no link, how about explaining yourself.

I think you need to listed to the words of a president who spoke of these things a long long time ago.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2465144342633379864#

What ..bob speaks of is nothing new or revolutionary, and what he's saying is definitely true. But it's also true that you are always wrong, and I have no idea how you manage to pull off that statistical impossibility.

Your response to my post is a 46 minute speech from the 1950s? Yeah...relevant, that. The world wasnt different THEN, was it?

But tell me....in your own words....no links......how are the military's procurement policies and cycles motivates STRICTLY for the profit of the defense industry?

Edited by RkFast