Is Warren Buffett a class traitor

Where do you come up with this schit? Link? If no link, how about explaining yourself.

I will concede. I will lighten up to the fact that individualism certainly doesn't help the situation.

Like the article states... There is a big flaw... But there are other factors that play into corruption.

Why is Illinois so corrupt?

"In an early attempt to explain why that is, the late Temple University political science professor Daniel J. Elazar argued in the 1960s that the United States can be divided in to three general political cultures, moralistic, traditional and individualistic.

In a moralistic culture, the professor argued, government is considered to be a good thing, and officeholders expected to look out for the general welfare. In a traditional culture, citizens expect a hierarchical society. And individualistic cultures value private efforts over collective ones. Broadly defined, the moralistic areas of the US were New England and the Midwest, the Traditional areas were clustered in the south, and individualistic culture centered on the Atlantic seaboard in states like New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Ohio and … Illinois."

"But the regional theory has one big flaw: The most corrupt states aren’t in the “individualistic” part of the country."

"What gives? Colgate’s Johnston says that there’s more to it than just regional character. He’s been studying political corruption since the 1970s, and has concluded that there are several key ingredients for political corruption. He says those include multiple political cultures competing for dominance, such as rural versus urban voters, tightly balanced party competition, and an elite political culture in which politicians expect to see corruption in their daily lives."

“Corruption becomes a self fulfilling prophecy,” Johnston says. “There’s a real qualitative change when people walk out the door of their home each morning expecting to have to make payoffs.”

"Not only does corruption seem to be concentrated in certain states, it also seems to go in waves throughout history."

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your response to my post is a 46 minute speech from the 1950s? Yeah...relevant, that. The world wasnt different THEN, was it?

But tell me....in your own words....no links......how are the military's procurement policies and cycles motivates STRICTLY for the profit of the defense industry?

Straw-man much, that point was never made.

....no links......

:lol: You really do hate information don't you? I did not realize that people existed who were anti-information. What a weird world we live in.

I'm sorry for tapping into that vast information source that is the rest of humanity.

Edited by conner