Is Warren Buffett a class traitor

Yeah, he's really making us crazy crazier over here. :rolleyes: Let's see this has been here for three days and we're under 20 replies. It's funny how old farts all of a sudden become important to your "progressive" cause only when the agree with it.

Sorry for the low number of replies I guess I could be like OC and post every other post and sometimes post two out three posts that would bump up the reply count.

Old Fart! how disrespectful, for shame, and I know it's shocking when I would post a billionaire's opinion which supports my own - does it hurt? because I'd love to butter my toast with you pain.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You right wingnuts demonize the weirdest people. Did your "news" sources talk about her so much that you actually remembered her name? Actually I don't think I ever knew her name in the first place, she is that unimportant.

Y'know, for a party that keeps telling everyone how you're the only ones who care about the working class, you sure spend a lot of time telling them how "unimportant" they are.

Too bad everybody can't use insider information and reap the benefits. Congressional Staffers Gain From Trading in Stocks

At least 72 aides on both sides of the aisle traded shares of companies that their bosses help oversee, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis of more than 3,000 disclosure forms covering trading activity by Capitol Hill staffers for 2008 and 2009.

The aides identified by the Journal say they didn't profit by making trades based on any information gathered in the halls of Congress.
w00t.gif

Even if they had done so, it would be legal,
because insider-trading laws don't apply to Congress

Too bad everybody can't use insider information and reap the benefits. Congressional Staffers Gain From Trading in Stocks

At least 72 aides on both sides of the aisle traded shares of companies that their bosses help oversee, according to a Wall Street Journal analysis of more than 3,000 disclosure forms covering trading activity by Capitol Hill staffers for 2008 and 2009.

The aides identified by the Journal say they didn't profit by making trades based on any information gathered in the halls of Congress.
w00t.gif

Even if they had done so, it would be legal,
because insider-trading laws don't apply to Congress

You have no idea how bad it is. I heard some crazy stat like congress persons on average earn 12% more on their stocks that the average American.

Edit: some links

http://insidertrading.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=001034

http://marketplace.publicradio.org/display/web/2009/09/17/pm-inside-dope/

Edited by conner

Yeah, he's really making us crazy over here. :rolleyes: Let's see this has been here for three days and we're under 20 replies. It's funny how old farts all of a sudden become important to your "progressive" cause only when the agree with it.

You should know this Chef:

"It is not the size of the wand that matters, it is the magic in it."

:P

KD in CT has his panties in a bunch.

I could just imagine the wad this crew would have if they lived in the 1930's... Utter the words Huey P. Long: Share Our Weath... LA's head would explode from the pent up anger.

Priceless!

Don't worry guys... Get that anger out!

:thumbsup:

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

So true... Isn't it disgusting! The "exemptions" with gov't is comical. Quite a farce. What is it going to take gov't to start living by the rules established? Unfortunately, politics gets in the way.

Nice to see you around Joe...:thumbsup:

If it's comical why are you so in love with the government?

Edited by Chef Jim