Who would you start on your fantasy team?

Steely Dan

i think fred will get the goal line carries but can't help but see spiller break one outside to the pylon if given a chance. i hope you just have some serious bye week blues to need to consider either but give the nod to freddy based on experience

* and i think both teams rb's will score points this weekend: http://www.askthecommish.com/pointsallowed/index.asp?wid=0&posid=1

Edited by coloradobillsfan

I have the same dilemma. I'm starting Spiller over Jackson simply because of CJ's breakaway ability. He is a threat to score every time he has the ball in his hands, especially now that he will get more touches.

You might want to consider going elsewhere if you have a better option. At least until one of these guys emerges as the clear cut #1 guy.

i think fred will get the goal line carries but can't help but see spiller break one outside to the pylon if given a chance. i hope you just have some serious bye week blues to need to consider either but give the nod to freddy based on experience

* and i think both teams rb's will score points this weekend: http://www.askthecommish.com/pointsallowed/index.asp?wid=0&posid=1

I have some injury issues and bye week things going on. I have Steven Jackson and they say he's doing the most in practice he's done so far in the last two weeks, but groin injuries can worsen and end a guys season. I'm kinda in the wait and see mode with him. I also like to start a Buffalo Bill on my team every week. It makes it more exciting.

I think I'm gonna go with FJ because I believe he'll see more touches. It'll be fun to see which of us was right this week rippedcity. :thumbsup:

Edited by Steely Dan

I'd start Fred, even if you are in a ppr league. Fred should get a few catches and will be used for goal line duties as well.

I'd shy away from both unless your desperate. How they are used Sunday may give you an idea of their workloads in the future.

I think I'm gonna go with FJ because I believe he'll see more touches. It'll be fun to see which of us was right this week rippedcity. :thumbsup:

I think that's the right choice--- he'll get more touches this week, and even if you factor in CJ's breakaway ability, which makes him a fantasy threat from anywhere on the field including KOs, Fred is as steady as they come. The Jags have the worst ranked pass defense in the league and are giving up an average of 4.4 yards per attempt on the ground, so there's a shot both may do well catching and receiving. I don't have CJ but I just added Fred and am considering starting him myself just because of the ****ty Jax D.

I have Fred Jackson and Rian Torain vying for my #2 spot. Any thoughts on that? Jackson not even a question over Spiller.

IMO, Jackson is a safer bet but sometimes the first time a guy takes over he has a huge game. IMO, you know what you should get from Jackson.

I have Jackson on my team and he's right where he belongs at this point - on the bench. Anybody thinking of starting either of these guys right now must be in contention for last place in their league.

I have Jackson on my team and he's right where he belongs at this point - on the bench. Anybody thinking of starting either of these guys right now must be in contention for last place in their league.

That's what i'm saying. Terrible to have any Bills in your lineup.

I'm considering starting Fred Jackson in my WR/RB/TE flex position in my PPR league.

My other options are:

(favorite alternative)

• Austin Collie (in a walking boot, not practicing)
  • Rian Torain (who knows if this will be 36 yards, or 136)
  • Kevin Walter or Tony Moeaki (KC TE)
  • Felix Jones

(least favorite alternative)

It's just such a crapshoot with these mid-level guys and injuries, but that's also the fun; FF forces you to make a decision.

These players are plugging the hole caused by Brandon Marshall's bye (H. Nicks starting at WR).

I lost Ryan Grant and Reggie Bush to injury, but I'm hanging in there are 3-1.

I have Fred Jackson and Rian Torain vying for my #2 spot. Any thoughts on that? Jackson not even a question over Spiller.

Torian for two reasons. First, he plays on a better offense with a better QB (thus increasing his chances of goal line carries). Second, Spiller is a young, explosive back who can take carries from Jackson. Portis on the other hand is in a decline and is less likely to take away meaningful carries from Torian.

I have CJ and FJ and I plan to start one of them. There are no points awarded for return yards. CJ is the starter according to BB.com but I find it hard to believe they won't be giving the ball more to Jackson. Especially with CJ's return duties tiring him.

If you get ST yard spiller if you don't Freddie. If you could start any RB in the NFL, Jones Drew should have about 250

I'm in a "bragging rights" league (no $$$ involved) and discovered I had no available player for my RB spot due to injuries/bye weeks so I picked up Freddie from the waiver wire and plugged him in. I try to never have any Bills on my FF team because I'm such a homer that I'm always tempted to start them because of my heart and not my head, and I couldn't stand the Bills breaking my heart on Sunday afternoon and again on tuesday morning when the ff standings come out.

I had to break my long standing rule this week ...... here goes with my fingers crossed.

I just can't believe there isn't someone on your waiver wire that is better than Jackson/Spiller. The fact that you have both on your roster shows that you are a Bills fan first, and a fantasy owner second. Just go with whatever you'd have more fun with, because you can't be actually trying to be competitive.