Bills Front office needs to show some action

Chuckknox

These guys need to work the phones, get a few of these holes filled now - not next year.

agreed. too bad it's not happening.

the only moves they're capable of making result in getting more draft picks.

which will fill those holes in...say... 3 years?

*What if* we trade Lee Evans to the Vikings for, that's right - RANDY MOSS! We would show those Pats who's boss, BOO YAAAAAA!!!

What if I hit all five lotto numbers and the freakin' Powerball....

What if Erv Weinstein was really a chick......

What if chicken wings were invented in Saudi Arabia....

Does anyone think this off season will be an active one for the Bills? I some how can't see them being very active at all. Maybe pick up a cheap DL or LB. I just don't have a lot of faith in them signing anyone who is good and in there prime.

Being active doesn't mean chasing aging over priced free agents. Clearly they now have a better idea of the mess they walked into

agreed. too bad it's not happening.

the only moves they're capable of making result in getting more draft picks.

which will fill those holes in...say... 3 years?

um no... you stockpile draft picks to also trade up, trade down or trade for players....

What actions do you suggest they take right NOW? Here's their options.

a.) Continue trading away the best players on the team for mid round draft picks.

b.) Just start cutting guys that have underperformed.

If they do a or b then they would have to do c.

c.) Sign a bunch of guys off other people's practice squads.

Would any of these be even marginally helpful? What they need to do is not fail on next year's draft.

*What if* we trade Lee Evans to the Vikings for, that's right - RANDY MOSS! We would show those Pats who's boss, BOO YAAAAAA!!!

It wouldn't make a difference in the final score...I like Moss as a player, but our offensive line doesn't protect the QB well, and our QB has a tendancy to overthrow his receivers if he's not running for his life! With our offense Moss would be lucky to catch 2 or 3 balls a game. He may even get a touchdown a game, who knows..so instead of losing 38-14 maybe we'll lose 38-21. But, Moss is getting up there and Buffalo is trying to build the team through the draft and get

a young foundation of players on the roster. I don't see Moss fitting on the Bills roster, and New England really knows when to release a player who is on the downside of his career. I remember when we picked up Lawyer Milloy and we all got excited! He did next to nothing on the Bills and I don't know if I've heard his name since he left Buffalo.

All Minnesota is trying to do is put themselves in a position this year with Favre for a Superbowl run in the playoffs.

They feel that Moss covers an immediate need, which he does and is a better choice than Evans for the short term. But, if I was the Bills GM I would consider trading Evans (who deserves better) to a team with playoff aspirations, and hope to get a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him. The logic is that by the time the Bills draft a franchise QB (HOpefully), and a dominant OLT, a WR who would complement evans on the other side...well it'll be just about too late for Evans, as it will take a year or two to develop these rookies..especially a rookie QB ! If everything went perfect you would be looking at 2 to 3 years most likely to have a respectable to good team again and by then Evans may be yesterday's news!

Fire them all now! Run the bums out of town! Grab your torches and pitchforks! Every thread is so predictable and mind-numbing it is a gas! If they traded Mcargo for Tom Brady you all would still say what idiots they were. Anyone here see that Moss was unloaded for a 3? And we got robbed for not getting a first and a brinks truck full of cash? AMAZING. Glad Ii dont work for you guys.

How much 'action' are you hoping for? They already cut the starting QB and traded the starting RB.

Ha! How often has this happened in NFL history if ever? And just after week 4, no less.

These guys need to work the phones, get a few of these holes filled now - not next year.

First off, this isn't MLB, this is the NFL where player for player trades during regular season are rare.

Second, have you been in a cave? We have been one of the more active front offices so far this new season.

We signed a G

Cut a QB

Reaquired a QB

Traded Lynch, and got 2 draft picks

Parted ways with some other players like Mitchell

Waived Meredith and activated a guy off PS

Brought in Anderson

I mean come on, you act like top talent is just sitting out there on FA or we can just go out and trade for whoever we want. We are in the regular season and we are being quite active, including shuffling our starters

Bring back Chuck Knox for our Defensive Coordinator position. He was a defensive genious, but no so much on offense.

Chuck Knoxs was a ol couch before becoming a hc Tom Condon was the DC that made it work

First off, this isn't MLB, this is the NFL where player for player trades during regular season are rare.

Second, have you been in a cave? We have been one of the more active front offices so far this new season.

We signed a G

Cut a QB

Reaquired a QB

Traded Lynch, and got 2 draft picks

Parted ways with some other players like Mitchell

Waived Meredith and activated a guy off PS

Brought in Anderson

I mean come on, you act like top talent is just sitting out there on FA or we can just go out and trade for whoever we want. We are in the regular season and we are being quite active, including shuffling our starters

I don't think that's the kind of action he wants to see.

He's talking about filling some holes to give the fan base something to feel good about. Not:

1. signed a Guard.....not just any guard, but the one and only Mansfield Wrotto.

2. Cut a QB....not just any QB....the starting QB who got the most snaps in camp and worked with the 1st team the most.....yeah, great move, but a little late, and we NOTHING for him.

3. Reaquired a QB: One that should have been on the practice squad along with another guy who wasn't retained on the PS, Joique Bell....hey, but we reacquired him.

4. Traded Lynch and got two draft picks......a 4th and a conditional in two years.....that's a real score there. BTW, wasn't he a 1st rounder? And the QB we cut was a 3rd rounder.....and we got nothing for him......wow, those investments are really paying off!

5. Parted ways with Mitchell??? Like he was a problem and finally he's outta here? The guy asked for a settlement. The FO did nothing to facilitate this move....this is hardly action.

6. Waived Meredith and activated a guy off PS................really? This is the same guy listed above under "signed a Guard".....Wrotto......moving his way up the ladder in a hurry! I'm so excited!

7. Brought in Anderson....a guy we had before, who wasn't good enough before.

Yeah....a lot of action there......and it's building for the future and scaring our division foes something awful.

Edited by Arrogant Bastard