We are Bills FANS

AllDayADay

Let me start off by saying I, just like many of you, are ashamed, embarrassed and tired of watching my Bills lose year after year. Nothing ruins my WHOLE week like the Bills losing. I am depressed every Sunday after a loss and I think about what went wrong the rest of the week. Some may call me crazy, but I tell them I am a Bills fan and thats how WE are. WE are a different breeds than most NFL fans and fans in general. When my Mom tells me; "Why do you beat yourself up over the Bills year after year". I tell her I simply cannot help it. I bleed red, white and blue. I have no control of my intensity as a Bills fan.

I say that, to say this..

Please, please stop being so negative. We are Bills fans. We are supposed to support the team in whatever decision they make. I know I am a very optimistic person by nature, but when the Bills make a decision (especially this new regime that have not wronged us yet, that we know of) I support it. I get into arguments all the time with my friends who like other team, mostly the Dolphins, and no matter how bad we are I always support our football team.

Im tired of this pity party everyone is throwing.

Marshawn Lynch was one of my favorite personalities on the team. I bought his jersey his rookie year and have loved him ever since. But, he is not what this team needed going forward. The guy tip toes when he gets the ball. Yeah he can carry a couple of defenders on his back, but come on. He never breaks big runs. As of yesterday I was supporting him, but today he is no longer a BIll and no longer am I going to defend him. Running backs these days grow on trees. And no matter what anybody says CJ Spiller will be a very special player.

Bottom line, start being proud to be a Bills fan. We are not like only teams fans. We are NOT fair weathered fans. We can only control certain things as fans. One of them is our loyalty.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me start off by saying I, just like many of you, are ashamed, embarrassed and tired of watching my Bills lose year after year. Nothing ruins my WHOLE week like the Bills losing. I am depressed every Sunday after a loss and I think about what went wrong the rest of the week. Some may call me crazy, but I tell them I am a Bills fan and thats how WE are. WE are a different breeds than most NFL fans and fans in general. When my Mom tells me; "Why do you beat yourself up over the Bills year after year". I tell her I simply cannot help it. I bleed red, white and blue. I have no control of my intensity as a Bills fan.

Please, please stop being so negative. We are Bills fans. We are supposed to support the team in whatever decision they make. I know I am a very optimistic person by nature, but when the Bills make a decision (especially this new regime that have not wronged us yet, that we know of) I support it. I get into arguments all the time with my friends who like other team, mostly the Dolphins, and no matter how bad we are I always support our football team.

Marshawn Lynch was one of my favorite personalities on the team. I bought his jersey his rookie year and have loved him ever since. But, he is not what this team needed going forward. The guy tip toes when he gets the ball. Yeah he can carry a couple of defenders on his back, but come on. He never breaks big runs. As of yesterday I was supporting him, but today he is no longer a BIll and no longer am I going to defend him. Running backs these days grow on trees. And no matter what anybody says CJ Spiller will be a very special player.

Bottom line, start being proud to be a Bills fan. We are not like only teams fans. We are NOT fair weathered fans. We can only control certain things as fans. One of them is our loyalty.

So what, you are a better fan then everyone else because you won't say anything negative about the team

Explain to everyone what there is to be proud of about this team this season and the "direction" they are going in? I'm done defending this front office and coaching staff, its apparent that they don't have an idea what they have here and that they are throwing away this season to evaluate what they were given by the previous regime, something most GM's and coaches (new and returning ones) do in the offseason by watching film. What moves have they made up to this point to make you believe they have a plan in place and are pointing this team in teh right direction? Is it their assessment that Trent Edwards was the best QB on the roster and didn't need to upgrade that position? Was it that they were weak at the RB position and it was a major priority to upgrade that spot? Was it that they felt they needed to stock up on Kick Returners? Was it the vision they had that told them that they had the proper players in place to run a 3-4 defence by just moving a couple guys around to new spots? Could it be Chans recent comment that the offensive line isn't big/strong enough to pull off what he is trying to do on offence?

So what, you are a better fan then everyone else because you won't say anything negative about the team

Explain to everyone what there is to be proud of about this team this season and the "direction" they are going in? I'm done defending this front office and coaching staff, its apparent that they don't have an idea what they have here and that they are throwing away this season to evaluate what they were given by the previous regime, something most GM's and coaches (new and returning ones) do in the offseason by watching film. What moves have they made up to this point to make you believe they have a plan in place and are pointing this team in teh right direction? Is it their assessment that Trent Edwards was the best QB on the roster and didn't need to upgrade that position? Was it that they were weak at the RB position and it was a major priority to upgrade that spot? Was it that they felt they needed to stock up on Kick Returners? Was it the vision they had that told them that they had the proper players in place to run a 3-4 defence by just moving a couple guys around to new spots? Could it be Chans recent comment that the offensive line isn't big/strong enough to pull off what he is trying to do on offence?

Thank you for the intelligent response, really.

Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix came in here with a plan. Both of them have done/seen it done before.

The end of your post I guess you are implying that CJ Spiller was the wrong pick. Really? Who else would you have chosen? The next tackle, Anthony Davis? Bryan Bulaga? Both are stuggling, with the right tackle and guard position respectively. We always talk about best player available, thats how good teams get to be great teams. We were a ok team with Jauron. Cj helps this team mightily, especially since Marshawn is gone. Mike Mayock, best draft guru imo said that if a team needs a guy to pick up chunks of yeardage at a time than you draft Cj Spiller. Guess what, we are that team. He is a special player!!!

As for offensive line. The most important part on an NFL team. We are wayyyyyy behind the rest of the NFL with our lines. But im just going to talk about the offensive line for now. I feel like Demetruis can be a starter. I feel like andy levitre can be a starter. But thats about it. I love Eric Wood but he is not meant for the right guard postion. You think Big, tough guy, why not? He struggled with one on one blocking in college and thats excatly what you do at the guard postion. ONce Wood goes to center and Hang becomes are 4th man in the interior, we will be good with 3 positions. As for RG I like Urbik. A guy with a grown mans body and has grown man stregnth. You need that to play guard in this league. And finally, the missing link. We know Cornell Green is not the answer. And we have a glaring weakness at RT.

I can go on and on about every position and what i think but bottom line is i trust chan and buddy. Chan never saw trent in live condition for himself. Once the bullets flying we have no pass protection and chan didnt see that in training camp. Thats why with this o line we need a mobile qb, and thats why fitz does ok.

Anyone disagree?

I 2nd that! screw the pity party. I'll joke around from time to time about our situation. But never get down entirely like some. Hold your heads up high Bills fans. Life is too short to let yourself get down for long. Persevere. Always. Is there any other alternative? No there isn't.

I bleed red, white and blue as well. These are Bills colors and our country's colors. Can't get any better than this!

Edited by Pilsner

AMEN! Really tired of everyone saying how bad this team is. I know they're bad but they're also my team and I will root for them no matter what. It could be worse. We could have never gone to those 4 straight super bowls.

I 2nd that! screw the pity party. I'll joke around from time to time about our situation. But never get down entirely like some. Hold your heads up high Bills fans. Life is too short to let yourself get down for long. Persevere. Always. Is there any other alternative? No there isn't.

I bleed red, white and blue as well. These are Bills colors and our country's colors. Can't get any better than this!

shut up you pollyanna...go bake me an apple pie

shut up you pollyanna...go bake me an apple pie

Shut your trap. now get me a beer and like it.

I doubt the real life Ike would take a defeatist attitude.

I'm hoping you were just joking. but if you weren't, then suck it.

Edited by Pilsner

Chan Gailey and Buddy Nix came in here with a plan. Both of them have done/seen it done before.

The end of your post I guess you are implying that CJ Spiller was the wrong pick. Really? Who else would you have chosen? The next tackle, Anthony Davis? Bryan Bulaga? Both are stuggling, with the right tackle and guard position respectively. We always talk about best player available, thats how good teams get to be great teams. We were a ok team with Jauron. Cj helps this team mightily, especially since Marshawn is gone. Mike Mayock, best draft guru imo said that if a team needs a guy to pick up chunks of yeardage at a time than you draft Cj Spiller. Guess what, we are that team. He is a special player!!!

As for offensive line. The most important part on an NFL team. We are wayyyyyy behind the rest of the NFL with our lines. But im just going to talk about the offensive line for now. I feel like Demetruis can be a starter. I feel like andy levitre can be a starter. But thats about it. I love Eric Wood but he is not meant for the right guard postion. You think Big, tough guy, why not? He struggled with one on one blocking in college and thats excatly what you do at the guard postion. ONce Wood goes to center and Hang becomes are 4th man in the interior, we will be good with 3 positions. As for RG I like Urbik. A guy with a grown mans body and has grown man stregnth. You need that to play guard in this league. And finally, the missing link. We know Cornell Green is not the answer. And we have a glaring weakness at RT.

I can go on and on about every position and what i think but bottom line is i trust chan and buddy. Chan never saw trent in live condition for himself. Once the bullets flying we have no pass protection and chan didnt see that in training camp. Thats why with this o line we need a mobile qb, and thats why fitz does ok.

Anyone disagree?

your right, Gailey came here with what, 3 years of head coaching experience like 20 years ago in Dallas, and Nix has experience as a scout, not a GM.

And what is this plan that they both have for the Bills? What have they shown anyone so far that they know exactly what they are doing right now? They had a full offseason to evaluate players from last season from game film, they were so impressed with Trent Edwards pre season that it only took them 2 weeks to cut him. They were so desperate to bring in a back and player of Spillers calibre that they give him the ball on offence 10 times. Was it the fact that they can see so much from Kelsay so far this year that they felt they needed to run out and lock the guy up for 4 more years?

What positions can you honestly say Gailey and Nix have improved this offseason? Is it the improved offence? The improved Defence? Special Teams? Even the DB's that were such a bright spot on last years defence have looked pretty bad so far this year and haven't even picked anyone off.

We are Bills fans. We are supposed to support the team in whatever decision they make.

You simply have a different definition of being a fan than I do. I refuse to blindly follow anybody or anything. Being a fan doesn't mean supporting every decision that the team makes anymore than being a good citizen means blindly supporting every action one's country makes. In fact, it's just the opposite, it's our job to watch closely and hold the powers that be accountable for their decisions - be they right or wrong.

Edited by MDH

your right, Gailey came here with what, 3 years of head coaching experience like 20 years ago in Dallas, and Nix has experience as a scout, not a GM.

And what is this plan that they both have for the Bills? What have they shown anyone so far that they know exactly what they are doing right now? They had a full offseason to evaluate players from last season from game film, they were so impressed with Trent Edwards pre season that it only took them 2 weeks to cut him. They were so desperate to bring in a back and player of Spillers calibre that they give him the ball on offence 10 times. Was it the fact that they can see so much from Kelsay so far this year that they felt they needed to run out and lock the guy up for 4 more years?

What positions can you honestly say Gailey and Nix have improved this offseason? Is it the improved offence? The improved Defence? Special Teams? Even the DB's that were such a bright spot on last years defence have looked pretty bad so far this year and haven't even picked anyone off.

Perhaps you'd prefer to be a CFL fan

I agree 100% with your post. I do understand the frustration. However, I just avoid the negativity the day after Bills' losses. It's like the place is being taken over by 12 year old girls.

Anyone disagree?

I think the sudden retirement of Brad Butler did a lot of harm. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bills kept Fitz as the starter, and drafted a QB to be developed (or bedevilled), with at least two OL, unless they do something in FA. Then there's the defense. Next, how to ensure world peace.

Wasn't that easy? :lol:

Seriously, I'm on your side. I don't mind the KELSAY EXTENSION????!!!! WTF!!!???? sort of posts, because I don't understand that move, also. Then again I'm not privy to the plan.

I'm just getting sick and tired of the nattering Nabobs of negativism that criticize when the Bills decide to switch from using Windex to Glass Plus to clean the lavatory mirrors.

Edited by ConradDobler

I'd like to think the Bflo fans are different. But with guys talking about wearing paper bags over their head, I'm not sure. I think the landscape of Bills Nation has changed as not everyone has memories of the early 90s and even the early 80s. If the last 10 years is all you had, I guess the negativity is understandable.

Please wait until after Sunday before telling me how to act; if we lose to J-Ville, we come back from the bye week 0-5 to face -

Baltimore (3-1, atop AFC North)

KC Chiefs (3-0, atop AFC West)

Chi Bears (3-1, atop NFC Central)

Things could get even uglier very quickly - let's see if Chan Gailey 'dresses down' any fans when he's 0-8.

I thkink you said everything I was going to say and more. Right on target. Looks to me like our barintrust has had a stroke.

Anyone disagree?

Yeah.

1) The team was OK with Jauron? There are not enough words in any language to tell you how wrong this is.

2) Bell? He isn't playing as bad as I thought but I truly think he doesn't have time to give up that many sacks. Cornell Green beats him to the punch. He can move and has potential to be average, but this would seem to be about it.

3) As for Spiller, he probably will be a good player, but he wasn't what this team needed. We have used far too many of our resources on small, flash players. This team needs a nucleus of a QB and strong, talented linemen. They don't have this, thus the losses.

BRAVO!!! I totally agree. It is sad that no matter what happens.. a trade (lynch) that should help out the team in the long run (something Lynch wasn't able to do) to a missed FG everything has the sky falling. Being a Bills fan, the one thing I was always proud of was the 12th man always being there through good times and bad. Even though it's been 10 years of crap, there is not a week, a season that goes by that I don't believe that Bills can turn it around. Right now, FINALLY I believe that they are truly righting the ship. Making smart moves for the future.

So man up 12th Man, show your support and be the fans that other teams wished they had.