Okay so do we need to trade Lee Evans now?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/120794-trade-or-cut-evans-and-whitner/

I agree. It's either Evans has given up on the Bills and is not trying hard, or he's declining. So far this year, he has 10 rec for 94 yds (in 4 games), you expect much more from a guy you're paying $9+ million a year to.

Just curious, why do you care about his $9 million? You are not cutting the check and we are way under the cap...so it doesnt hurt you or the team, yet you do talk about it a lot.

I think the Bills need to hold on to evans.. they could REALLY shoot themselves in the foot by drafting a great QB only to see him fail because he gets no protection, and even worse, noone to throw to.

I fully expect Evans to go to Gailey and Nix and request that he be traded to a contender if not this year than next year. I believe that Evans heart is no longer with this team.

Trade Evans immediately. He can garner a 2nd and 4rd round pick package IMHO.

Franchise QB with the first pick overall and either trade up with the extra mid round picks or try to garner as many depth players as possible.

Either way, I am hoping for another trade, either before week 6 or after the season for draft picks. If we are going to rebuild, lets tear it all down and rebuild it from scratch.

Trade Evans immediately. He can garner a 2nd and 4rd round pick package IMHO.

Franchise QB with the first pick overall and either trade up with the extra mid round picks or try to garner as many depth players as possible.

Either way, I am hoping for another trade, either before week 6 or after the season for draft picks. If we are going to rebuild, lets tear it all down and rebuild it from scratch.

Oy Vey. SO we trade Evans and our receivers are Nelson, Parrish, Steve Johnson and Easley. . . Then we have to draft another one with that second rd pick that we get. Setting up that franchise QB for failure cause he has no one to throw the ball to.

Edited by CountDorkula

Oy Vey. SO we trade Evans and our receivers are Nelson, Parrish, Steve Johnson and Easley. . . Then we have to draft another one with that second rd pick that we get. Setting up that franchise QB for failure cause he has no one to throw the ball to.

Its immediately and abundantly clear you have no memories of the build up before the 4 super bowl appearances. Buffalo had back to back 2-14 seasons, drafted well, landed free agents that were impact players and made trades to further inhance the roster.

In short, it took 4 years (from 86 to 90) to go from basement dwellers to championship contenders. Success breeds success. Next season is going to be as bad or almost as bad as this season. You look 3 to 5 seasons down the road, thats when the team will contend again. To emphasize anything else does nothing to bring a championship to Buffalo.

If we really are in rebuild mode then we should try to convert every player with value into draft picks. I also feel that Evans deserves to end his career with a winner so it would be the humanitarian thing to do.

Thoughts?

PTR

I think not Promo. Evans is a one trick pony but did have some success with Losman, as bad as he was. I would like to see Ryan Mallett toss him 70 or even 80 yard bombs. At least for a year.

Coach Saban said that every week, Mallett makes about 4 throws that nobody else could make. Losman had a good arm but Mallet makes him look like a pitcher in an arc softball game. Wouldn't you like to see this combo in 2011?

Its immediately and abundantly clear you have no memories of the build up before the 4 super bowl appearances. Buffalo had back to back 2-14 seasons, drafted well, landed free agents that were impact players and made trades to further inhance the roster.

In short, it took 4 years (from 86 to 90) to go from basement dwellers to championship contenders. Success breeds success. Next season is going to be as bad or almost as bad as this season. You look 3 to 5 seasons down the road, thats when the team will contend again. To emphasize anything else does nothing to bring a championship to Buffalo.

Times have changed since the 86-90 years. Rookie QBs do not ride the pine and learn. They are thrown into the lions den to learn under fire.

Systems are more complex and the game has elevated to an entire new level. Good players are alot harder to come by and draft.

In case you have not seen or heard, Buffalo is now the laughing stock of the league. Players do not want to come here. Also, they have not drafted very well in teh past 10 years. SO banking on those things is not a safe bet right now

Why trade one of best offensive players who is locked up and has never complained about Buffalo and has been a team player. Trading away good assets that can help build that contender you speak of is not the way to go.It's immediately and abundantly clear. . .

I think the Bills need to hold on to evans.. they could REALLY shoot themselves in the foot by drafting a great QB only to see him fail because he gets no protection, and even worse, noone to throw to.

Like Evans ever gets open anyway.........NO loss dump the pig.

his contract is too high. we'd fetch even less than Marshawn for him. not worth it at this point. plus, he is young enough that we can still rebuild around him and we do have some other young WRs. it be nice if some of them had size, i guess nelson is 6'5 so that is good. Eventually move him opposite lee and keep roscoe and stevie in the slots. Its not a bad group, esp with a good QB. Lets pray Andrew Luck comes into the draft and wants to be a buffalo bill... if not hopefully Pryor in the 2nd round

It will be amazing to see what the Vikes give for Moss. I have to think it will be a 4th or higher. This would be far more than the Bills would get for Evans. Not because he's not worth it - but because the market won't ask for him.

Why not?

They have already given up on the season and have declared that they are in complete Overhaul mode (something that could have been done in the offseason). Might as well send him for whatever someone will give you and stockpile those picks to get more future trade bait or to restock the waiver wire!