(OT) Anchor Bar, Buffalo special on Food Network.

PIZ

Visiting San Fran a couple of years back I ordered a pizza and a dozen wings and the place had the friggin' nerve to give me......of all things...ranch dressing.  Blech.

150543[/snapback]

Incredible isnt it? My wife from California has ranch all the time with our homemade wings. I do like ranch with the veggies though. Also whats worse, when you order a pizza with hot peppers here in the bay area, they give you a pack of red chili peppers. Too funny.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All that have been mentioned have above average wings.  The best wings by far though are at the Bar-Bil Tavern in East Aurora.  Huge, crispy and they brush the sauce on so they aren't served in a soup like at Duffs.

150524[/snapback]

When I come into town for games, (like this coming weekend), I always get wings from La Nova. I have had the ones from A. Bar, but I like La Nova beter. I have not had them from Duffs yet, but I know a lot people seem to think they are the best in town.

No I think he was at the game sunday giving you the throat slash sign while you chanted 2 and 9!

150915[/snapback]

haha

that dude was pretty big...

he told my friend that if he didnt stop, he was going to (and I quote) "finish eating my french fries and beat the sh-- out of you"...

I ended up spending the rest of the game in the other endzone... sitting with the Reinerts, and the other Lake Shorer's...

No. They are NOT that good. Really, honestly, people they are not, and if you think they are, I would loooove to actually make you some. First of all, they are too small. Duff's are alot better.

I am a fan of Pasquale's wings, but that is biased, as i have had them since i was little, and always have them when I am home, but they are very, very good. And the hot won't kill you like at Duffs.

But, if you havnt had wings in Buffalo, go to the Anchor bar so you can say you had some wings there, then go get some that are actually good at duffs.

150493[/snapback]

Couldn't disagree more. I honestly don't see the big deal about Duff's. I get better wings at dive bars here in Chicago, and they aren't even the best the city has to offer.

I had to go try Duff's after hearing all the rave reviews, and I've had them on numerous occasions, and they've left me disappointed every time. In fact, when I'm with people who aren't from Buffalo and want to try "authentic" wings, I'm left embarrassed when the wings turn out worse than the 2nd hand ones we get 500 miles away. Anchor Bar does not disappoint: great size, cooked just right, and great sauce. After that I'd go Gabriel's Gate and Brennan's.

Anchor Bar are very good. The wings are cooked perfectly. The sause is quite a bit too salty for my taste though. It starts to get to you after about 20 wings or so.

Rooties was awesome.

I am in CA and at a pizzeria recently, I saw a sign at the counter that said La Nova wings. Is La Nova selling wings and/or sauce?

The only way to have wings is the original way. Deep fry, pat dry. Shake with Franks and melted butter. Anything else is not authentic.

The best wings I had outside of Buffalo were at a place that specialized in wings in Charleston, SC.

I am in CA and at a pizzeria recently, I saw a sign at the counter that said  La Nova wings. Is La Nova selling wings and/or sauce?

The only way to have wings is the original way. Deep fry, pat dry. Shake with Franks and melted butter. Anything else is not authentic.

The best wings I had outside of Buffalo were at a place that specialized in wings in Charleston, SC.

151342[/snapback]

Hey, I live in CA....where is this place with the LA NOVA sign???

I like the Original or Hotter wing sauce better than the Suicidal.  They are all pretty spicy but the taste of the Suicidal has a bit of a chemical taste to it.

I agree.... I'll take the Hot, Suicidal is wierd

If you call a wing that's crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside with delicious hot sauce "that good" than yeah sure, they are that good.

Damn it man! Now I want some wings! Problem is I'm in South Florida where they don't know how to make a good chicken wing.

There is a bar in south buffalo(9-11 Tavern)its at 9-11 Bloomfield St.corner of South Park Ave. I have heard that they are pretty good,I don't eat wings so I'm just going by what others say.Might be worth a trip to So.Bflo for you wing lovers.

If you call a wing that's crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside with delicious hot sauce "that good" than yeah sure, they are that good.

Damn it man! Now I want some wings! Problem is I'm in South Florida where they don't know how to make a good chicken wing.

151462[/snapback]

You have to get a deep fryer and make them yourself !

You have to get a deep fryer and make them yourself !

151664[/snapback]

I'm getting pretty close to buying a turkey fryer (mainly for wings, but I'd like to try a fried turkey as well since I've read rave reviews). Thinking about getting something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...garden&n=507846

Then I won't have to drool and be hungry when reading these threads... :(

CW

I'm getting pretty close to buying a turkey fryer (mainly for wings, but I'd like to try a fried turkey as well since I've read rave reviews).  Thinking about getting something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detai...garden&n=507846

Then I won't have to drool and be hungry when reading these threads... :(

CW

151673[/snapback]

delish...do it do it