MLB Playoffs Set To Go

Congratulations guys. You've been fun to watch this year. :beer:

You are in the Bay Area... Why are they saying (as I get the impression) that in 52 years the Giants are bring a WS win to the "Bay Area?" Didn't OAK win a couple in the '70's and then I think in '89 against the Giants? Am I misunderstanding what they are trying to convey?

• Replies 402
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They really did.......I'm not going to look it up now, but their number of hits and runs from game 2 on must have been horrible.

And this had nothing to do with them going up against the best pitching staff in baseball. :rolleyes:

You are in the Bay Area... Why are they saying (as I get the impression) that in 52 years the Giants are bring a WS win to the "Bay Area?" Didn't OAK win a couple in the '70's and then I think in '89 against the Giants? Am I misunderstanding what they are trying to convey?

Because they don't know what they're talking about. It's the first World Series in San Francisco.

And this had nothing to do with them going up against the best pitching staff in baseball. :rolleyes:

Because they don't know what they're talking about. It's the first World Series in San Francisco.

Yeah, you never know which it is. It's hard to argue that one. I don't like Sanchez - he seems like a total punk, and he wasn't any good, anyway.......But, the rest of them are top notch.

Better than the Phillies? I dunno, Chef...I think the Rangers should have made more noise in this series, man. I thought that series was incredibly boring, whereas the Braves/Giants and Phils/Giants were both amazing.

Better than the Phillies? I dunno, Chef...I think the Rangers should have made more noise in this series, man. I thought that series was incredibly boring, whereas the Braves/Giants and Phils/Giants were both amazing.

Statistically they were the best staff in the Majors this year. Lowest ERA, most strikeouts, lowest batting average against, second in runs given up, saves leader. You want more. I think there probably is more. The best pitching staff no one watched.

Statistically they were the best staff in the Majors this year. Lowest ERA, most strikeouts, lowest batting average against, second in runs given up, saves leader. You want more. I think there probably is more. The best pitching staff no one watched.

Wow, interesting. I knew that Cain and Lincecum were among the best in the league, but Wilson was pretty shaky against the Braves. I didn't think he was that solid of a closer, but I didn't really pay attention to this team until they made the playoffs.

Anyway, congrats!

Wow, interesting. I knew that Cain and Lincecum were among the best in the league, but Wilson was pretty shaky against the Braves. I didn't think he was that solid of a closer, but I didn't really pay attention to this team until they made the playoffs.

Anyway, congrats!

Thanks man. And they are YOUNG!!!

I'm watching the local comcast sports station here and the team has come back out on the field almost an hour after the game to hang with all the Giants fans that are still at the ballpark. There is a huge connection between this town and it's team. Many people don't know this but SF is a small city. Less that one million in population.

I'm watching the local comcast sports station here and the team has come back out on the field almost an hour after the game to hang with all the Giants fans that are still at the ballpark. There is a huge connection between this town and it's team. Many people don't know this but SF is a small city. Less that one million in population.

Nothing new.:nana: :nana:

The 2005 Sox did that in Houston when they won the WS away from the South Side.

Glad the Giants won...the "lifelong Ranger" fans around here in Austin were making me sick...I have only met one die-hard Rangers fan in my 20 years here...anyone who cares about baseball, here, is an Astros fan.

Funny, just saw Lincecum being interviewed on ESPN.

Q: What do you think is going on in San Francisco right now?

Lincecum: I am not sure, but I hope the booze is flowing, and there is smoke in the air! :thumbsup:

Glad the Giants won...the "lifelong Ranger" fans around here in Austin were making me sick...I have only met one die-hard Rangers fan in my 20 years here...anyone who cares about baseball, here, is an Astros fan.

Funny, just saw Lincecum being interviewed on ESPN.

Q: What do you think is going on in San Francisco right now?

Lincecum: I am not sure, but I hope the booze is flowing, and there is smoke in the air! :thumbsup:

:lol:

Can you imagine what it must feel like to be 23 or however old he is, single (assuming?), rich, and the winning pitcher in the deciding game of the world series? I'm a well-mannered Catholic boy from Pennsylvania, and I know for damn sure I'd be in confession for a WEEK if that were me lol

Look at how good the post-season pitching was in the NL: Link

Cincinnati had the worst staff ERA at 2.52. NOBODY was hitting.

The Giants were neck and neck with the Padres all year for best pitching, but they really turned it on at the end while the Padres floundered. It was a fun post-season to watch. I'm almost sorry to see it go because now we begin the watch to see how much Cliff Lee gets from the Yankees. $120M/6?

Congratulations to the Giants. Hardworking "TEAM" in every sense of the word. Undoubtedly the one team I did NOT want the Phils to face in the playoffs. They did everything I hoped/expected Philadelphia to do...good pitching and timely hitting.

I like Burrell a lot too and I'm happy to see him get to contribute to another ring.

Good for the city too. I'm sure a relatively smaller market will really get to savor the hell out of this one. The Phils' 2008 Championship really did knock a collective chip off the city's shoulder. I'd say it made a small, permanent change in the attitude of the fanbase. Even two years later, it still feels a little different. Now I'm sure SanFran is about as far from Philadelphia on the fan reputation scale, but a championship to a long suffering sports city really can do a lot for the place.

ENJOY! :beer: