SEND A MESSAGE THIS SUNDAY: WALK INTO STADIUM FIVE MINUTES LATE!&#

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim: Hey look at that Ralph, the stands are empty!

Ralph: What? Why?

Jim: Guess the fans are unhappy.

Ralph: What are the numbers from the box office?

Jim: Sellout.

Ralph: Wake me if we score or when the cheerleaders come out at halftime...whichever comes first.

Jim: You got it boss.

Uncle Flap asked in a post "What can we do"? I say, what could be a better protest of the way things are being handled in Buffalo than to have the stadium empty at kickoff. The NBC cameras would be showing an empty stadium, the players would look in the stands in disbelief, and the announcers would have something to talk about other than "Buffalo is in a rebuilding stage".

If I was a season ticket holder, and after what I witnessed Sunday against the Jets (and if I actually lived in the area), I would tell every radio station, newspaper ads, signs at the entrances or along major corridors in big letters ("SEND A MESSAGE TO MANAGEMENT: GO TO YOUR SEAT TWO MINUTES AFTER KICKOFF")

I realize the hallways would be packed while waiting for the kickoff, but the owner and management need to know Bills Fans (and all NFL fans for that matter) are relevant.

...after all, if you miss two minutes from kickoff, you can stay an extra two minutes after the third quarter ends before you leave.

If you were a season ticket holder:

1) You'd realize that the security delays getting thru the turnstiles already cut into your viewing time - getting to your seats 2 minutes into the game is doing pretty damned good;

2) You wouldn't suggest stupid empty gestures like this, having paid good money for your seats.

Edited by The Senator

If you were a season ticket holder:

1) You'd realize that the security delays getting thru the turnstiles already cut into your viewing time - getting to your seats 2 minutes into the game is doing pretty damned good;

2) You wouldn't suggest stupid empty gestures like this, having paid good money for your seats.

I guess I'm not a real fan because I was in the stadium at 12pm to watch warmups and read the program rather than waiting in the turnstiles...next time I'll get in there late so I can get stuck in the turnstile pack.

Yeah, it was a stupid gesture and impossible to coordinate...I guess I'll write a letter to the Buffalo News Sports Page (because that has really proven to be the most direct and effective route to demand change)

Uncle Flap asked in a post "What can we do"? I say, what could be a better protest of the way things are being handled in Buffalo than to have the stadium empty at kickoff. The NBC cameras would be showing an empty stadium, the players would look in the stands in disbelief, and the announcers would have something to talk about other than "Buffalo is in a rebuilding stage".

If I was a season ticket holder, and after what I witnessed Sunday against the Jets (and if I actually lived in the area), I would tell every radio station, newspaper ads, signs at the entrances or along major corridors in big letters ("SEND A MESSAGE TO MANAGEMENT: GO TO YOUR SEAT TWO MINUTES AFTER KICKOFF")

I realize the hallways would be packed while waiting for the kickoff, but the owner and management need to know Bills Fans (and all NFL fans for that matter) are relevant.

...after all, if you miss two minutes from kickoff, you can stay an extra two minutes after the third quarter ends before you leave.

Not this again. Heard the "walk out ideas" last year. If you really want to send a message, either stop going to the games and stop buying the merchandise or wear a paperbag on your head at the game. Those are the only ways you're gonna get anything done.

The only message management will listen to is if fans stop buying tickets.

Maybe if the stadium stays empty all game.

Ralph Wilson is the only one sending the message. To Erie County. To Western New York. To Albany.

It got personal back in 1997, when Wilson was negotiating improvements to the stadium with Pataki and Gorski.

Fans are caught in the middle.

My .02 is that Wilson was told that there was no, and never would be support from Albany for a new stadium, and that he was lucky to get the deal he got in the late 90s. From that point on, Wilson decided to match NY's minimal investment in the stadium and team dollar for dollar. I'm sure it was a dagger in the eye to see the *very* generous support for other New York stadiums (New Yankee Stadium)from the state assembly.

I think the relationship between Wilson and the state is all but burnt to the ground. If you think Wilson has failed the Bills, it's only fair to lop in Albany along with him.

I think its a brilliant idea, and it totally surprises me that the majority of the replies are negative towards it. Yet, these same people will continue on- bitching, moaning and complaining... in addition to doing nothing.

Rationalize the plan with another 15 minutes of tailgating. Sleep in an extra 15 minutes and keep the usual schedule. What are you going to miss... Mary Trent running to his seat on the bench?

It's not turning your back on the team... it's making and taking a stand & sending a message.

How about we just wear paper bags over our heads like the Saints fans used to do? Worked for them. Look at the Saints now....lol. :worthy:

It took 30 years of paper bags for New Orleans to get a winner, but hey we are half way there, might work!

Early October and we already have the annual run of ideas for a 'fan protest'. We're way ahead of schedule this year!

:lol:

Because this team is way more of an embarrassment than last year, the coaching staff is doing a worse job than last year, the ownership gets worse every year, management and the new front office are worse than last year. All that adds up to talking about taking measures that won't ever happen earlier in the year.

So, you want us to miss the only part of the game where there is still hope? Thanks a lot.

:oops:

I like what the fans did in Oakland, they buy single tickets only, pay as you go!

If you suck and you do nothing then the fans are not out any money.

Edited by Another Point of View

It's a great idea...that's why no one would do it. You don't think an empty stadium at kickoff wouldn't make all the news shows?

PTR

the BEST form of showing disapproval is the BROWN PAPER BAG on peoples heads saying "ILLS".

the TV loves those.