With Gailey being this PO'd today...

Gailey looked thoroughly disgusted in press conference today. With an 0-4 start and his worst in his professional career, you can tell Gailey is really pissed off. If the Bills do not improve, do you see Gailey cleaning house? (Meaning a high turnover in players and coaches)?

IMO, yes, you can tell Gailey puts a ton of effort and hard work into the team and is really passionate about what he does. I can see a lot of players cut and most likely new defensive coaches in here as well. With the Jags beating the Colts today, the Bills could go 0-5. If that happens, expect a shakeup at the bye week.

I for one am very glad Chan came out steaming, because i was thoroughly embarrassed to be a Bills fan this season and this game in particular. We need answers as loyal fans. I feel that his pride is at stake and its refreshing to see. Today was an example of coaches taking over total different. Rex took over a great solid group of players and Chan got this....

Gailey looked thoroughly disgusted in press conference today. With an 0-4 start and his worst in his professional career, you can tell Gailey is really pissed off. If the Bills do not improve, do you see Gailey cleaning house? (Meaning a high turnover in players and coaches)?

IMO, yes, you can tell Gailey puts a ton of effort and hard work into the team and is really passionate about what he does. I can see a lot of players cut and most likely new defensive coaches in here as well. With the Jags beating the Colts today, the Bills could go 0-5. If that happens, expect a shakeup at the bye week.

I agree with you & Hamdan, shakeups are going to happen. I wouldn't doubt if they started this week. IMO, George Edwards has done a terrible job with the defense so far this year. Besides the season opener, the defense has gotten their butts handed to them the past 3 games. Hate to say it, but I'd rather have Perry Fewell & the bend-don't-break Tampa 2 defense back right now.

TBH, I expected much more of a shakeup the minute Chan walked in the door. I don't know if it was out of respect for someone at OBD or what, but he was way too open to the idea that some of these guys can be "coached up" or whatever.

The answer is not only YES, but hell yes!! The roster in 2011 will look astonishingly different, position by position! Welcome to rebuilding 101, they resemble an expansion team, and ask Houston fans how long that takes. God forbid it's another decade!

I just hope Ralphs hands are too arthritic to pull the puppet strings anymore. I never bought into the Ralph is the problem theory, but i'm not so sure anymore. The Kelsay signing doesn't seem like something the Nix-Gailey Regime would do, especially not 3 games into a season.

What can be shaken? Is the roster not the problem? Does anyone think the right coaches can win with this team? A D with these LB's (I had hoped for more but was clearly wrong) and D line and then an offense with this line, these WR's and this QB?

I wonder what these guys honestly talked about when they were discussing how to play the Jets or after this game figuring how to prioritize what to fix.

What can be shaken? Is the roster not the problem? Does anyone think the right coaches can win with this team? A D with these LB's (I had hoped for more but was clearly wrong) and D line and then an offense with this line, these WR's and this QB?

I wonder what these guys honestly talked about when they were discussing how to play the Jets or after this game figuring how to prioritize what to fix.

Considering an UDFA and a former 7th rounder both outplayed a former 1st round draft pick, $9+ million a year, supposed #1 WR, I'd say there's some serious changes that need to take place.

Are we ruling out the possibility that Gailey himself could be the problem (or atleast a large part of it)? I gotta say, I know it's only been 4 games and we haven't been good in a long time but I really don't think we looked THIS bad even under Jauron.

Are we ruling out the possibility that Gailey himself could be the problem (or atleast a large part of it)? I gotta say, I know it's only been 4 games and we haven't been good in a long time but I really don't think we looked THIS bad even under Jauron.

If he doesn't do something to resolve the problems on defense then yes. IMO, there aren't enough playmakers on offense. The Bills need a QB, RT, 2 WR's and a TE. Evans needs to go. If anyone thinks he earned his $563K game check today, then they're smoking something.

Considering an UDFA and a former 7th rounder both outplayed a former 1st round draft pick, $9+ million a year, supposed #1 WR, I'd say there's some serious changes that need to take place.

I have been on that soapbox for more than a year. I don't have anything against Lee, I just imagine a scenario exists where they trade him to someone who feels they are a deep threat away from a Lombari trophy for some help at any other spot on the field and then plug in a fast WR that makes an occaisonal play to replace him. The arguement is the Bills are years away from having the line complimenting WR and QB to properly use him, and he'll be out of his prime.

I have also resigned myslef to the fact it would have been done by now. Not gona happen.

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

How do you clean house in the middle of the season? Gailey has responsibility for much of this mess. He instituted the 3-4 defense despite not having the personnel for it. Presumably he had some input in the draft, yet no real needs were addressed. He handed Trent the starting job despite Trent sucking in a spectacular fashion. He's the OC that has pretty much kept Spiller out of the game.

Name a single time during which Gailey has been very successful as a football coach. The best you can come up with is that he was ok as the Cowboys' coach, and not a disaster as the GT head coach. He was a complete washout as KC's OC. You watch many of the young more dynamic head coaches around the league and at least they inspire some optimism. You look at Gailey and you see a guy who looks 10 years older than he is and sounds like at best he should be coaching some high school down south. Gailey was hired because he came relatively cheap and had no other options and was willing to take a job with an organization that is run by clowns and skinflints. Most importantly, Gailey has no history of rebuilding teams. Neither the Cowboys nor the Yellow Jackets were bottom feeders that Gailey improved. Rather, at best he kept them at about the same level as when he took over. The guy has MEDIOCRE written all over him. I'm not encouraged if he's the housecleaner.

Edited by IronyAbounds

I have been on that soapbox for more than a year. I don't have anything against Lee, I just imagine a scenario exists where they trade him to someone who feels they are a deep threat away from a Lombari trophy for some help at any other spot on the field and then plug in a fast WR that makes an occaisonal play to replace him. The arguement is the Bills are years away from having the line complimenting WR and QB to properly use him, and he'll be out of his prime.

I have also resigned myslef to the fact it would have been done by now. Not gona happen.

Lee strikes me as a very good, number 2 receiver, but has shown to not be able to carry the load as a number one guy. Seems to be far too easily taken out of the game. His drops today certainly didn't win him any points either.