who would you root for if the Bills left

Well actually what explaination I need is what does the fact that I was raised in Buffalo as a Bills fan have to do with the fact that if the Bills left Buffalo and I started to follow another team why I was never a Bills fan to begin with.

Hell if the Bills don't leave Buffalo and I become a fan of another team has nothing to do with was I a fan to begin with. Once again that's just a stupid opinion.

If you even need to ask that question then you aren't even a fan to begin with. Why wait? The Bills have been irrelevant for a decade now, start rooting for your other NFL team of choice today.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The team and the never-ending greed that is the NFL would be dead to me. I love the game of football so I'd turn my attention strictly to college. Specifically, my favorite team since childhood, the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Interesting you bash the NFL for greed, yet you embrace Saban. Interesting.

If you even need to ask that question then you aren't even a fan to begin with. Why wait? The Bills have been irrelevant for a decade now, start rooting for your other NFL team of choice today.

Yeah I was never a Bills fan. :lol: I don't know if I'll ever follow a team as closely as I did the Bills but to say if I did shows I never was a Bills fan to begin with is just asinine.

Thank you for explaining that you simply don't get it.

I have not lived in WNY in 30 years. I now live in an area with two professional teams. If I happen to become a fan of one of those local teams because I get all their news and games on TV/radio and can buy season tickets and attend all their games does not deminish the fact that I was at one time a HUGE Bills fan. To think otherwise as I've mentioned is stupid. Especially if the Bills are no longer in existance.

I think it's absurd to keep asking this question. Would you guys just let Ralph Wilson live out the rest of his days. No one has any clue if this decision even has to be made. It's disrespectful and obnoxious. Why don't you guys just start rummaging through your parents things and start picking out the stuff you want when they die. Hopefully they don't sell anything in a garage sale or something before they die and leave you screwed out of any of the items you picked.

A fine sentiment indeed, but we are dealing with a sports franchise that all of us on here hold close to our heart. The threat of losing them to OKC or Vegas or LA or Virginia irks us and deservedly so. If Ralph did the appropriate thing and gave carte blanch to a verifiable FO, we wouldn't be in this situation. "At least he's not Al Davis" is the best thing I can say about our owner in regards to the way he runs the Bills.

It's a catch 22 really. On one hand, this is Ralph's toy to play with, but it is based on the support of a community, so there is a belief that he has a responsibility to that community.

Because I loved FOOTBALL and lived in a city that has an NFL team, I rooted for that team. If I grew up in another city, I'd be a fan of that team instead. It's not like I grew up in a neutral city and found something compelling about Wilson's management style. To say no Bills, no NFL sounds hypocritical. If you do not like the NFL, then walk away now, Bills, or not. Why you would stick around only because of the Bills seems insane frankly.

The point is, I've recently evaluated my allegiance to the organization. My analogy is that I have to sit in a corner while I watch Ralph play with his toy even though he's playing with it in ways that is hard to watch. So, I've left the room. Because I know many of you cannot stop watching the fool, I just sit outside and wait to offer you perspective once you open the door yourself.

For a long time, I struggled with the idea of loyalty, but I've come to embrace placing my loyalty where it really matters. I spend more time with my family and doing my job well, and less on what is happening with the Bills.

Keep in mind, Ralph admitted in his HOF induction speech that Buffalo was his #2 choice all along. He really wanted to go to Miami, but they turned him away. Now it's your turn.

Keep in mind, Ralph admitted in his HOF induction speech that Buffalo was his #2 choice all along. He really wanted to go to Miami, but they turned him away. Now it's your turn.

I watched him say that. Shook my head and cursed under my breath that the city of Buffalo would hear that and still build the old asscrack a monument some day, when they should sue him, instead, for grand larceny, of our precious time.

To say no Bills, no NFL sounds hypocritical. If you do not like the NFL, then walk away now, Bills, or not. Why you would stick around only because of the Bills seems insane frankly.

Exactly. I'm really surprised how many people say they wouldn't watch the NFL if the Bills moved. Most of the people i know who watch a sport only for a particular team, and don't want any other games, are chicks lol.

Exactly. I'm really surprised how many people say they wouldn't watch the NFL if the Bills moved. Most of the people i know who watch a sport only for a particular team, and don't want any other games, are chicks lol.

Agreed, I am surprised and annoyed by people who would stop watching the NFL just because their team leaves. I would probably gravitate towards the Ravens if the Bills left but while I probably could never root for anyone like I've rooted for the Bills all my life I could never stop watching the NFL.

Agreed, I am surprised and annoyed by people who would stop watching the NFL just because their team leaves. I would probably gravitate towards the Ravens if the Bills left but while I probably could never root for anyone like I've rooted for the Bills all my life I could never stop watching the NFL.

That's what I would have expected most people to say. I will never love any team like I love the Bills. I represent my team every day, and people who don't even know me know that I'm a bills fan, cause I live it every day. But just because I'll never love a team this way again, that doesn't mean I still can't find all sorts of other things - teams, players,etc - about this sport to enjoy. The Iggles are my second favorite team cause when I went to school at Temple U in Philly I fell in love with the sports culture there and I took interest in the Iggles. Did that have any impact on how much I love the Bills? Hell no. My best friend on earth lives back in Rochester and I live in ATL. If I go out and make other friends here, does that somehow make me less of a best friend because I'm spending time with OTHER friends? Of course not.

After the Braves left Buffalo, I never rooted for another NBA team, and despite the fact it is over 30 years later, it would be no different if the Bills left.

Well said. I would spend more time watching college football. If the NFL were to let the Bills leave Buffalo, I do not think I would ever get over it. The positive would be that I would have so much more free time given all of the time that I would save that I am now wasting on Sundays and on this board.

I have not lived in WNY in 30 years. I now live in an area with two professional teams. If I happen to become a fan of one of those local teams because I get all their news and games on TV/radio and can buy season tickets and attend all their games does not deminish the fact that I was at one time a HUGE Bills fan. To think otherwise as I've mentioned is stupid. Especially if the Bills are no longer in existance.

I think I can speak for most Bills fan that grew up in and around WNY when I say we didn't choose to become Bills fans, the Bills chose us. It's that simple. There simply is no replacing that if the Bills left town. Could I pick up and start following and "rooting" for the Panthers if the Bills were no more? Sure I could, but I'd be lying to myself because I just wouldn't care whether they win or lose. Now I know that there are plenty of other fans here not from WNY that at some point chose to root for and follow the Bills for whatever reason, for those fans I can understand them switching teams when and if the time comes. But for me and the majority of Bills fans born and raised to love this loser franchise its the Bills or nothing.

I think I can speak for most Bills fan that grew up in and around WNY when I say we didn't choose to become Bills fans, the Bills chose us. It's that simple. There simply is no replacing that if the Bills left town. Could I pick up and start following and "rooting" for the Panthers if the Bills were no more? Sure I could, but I'd be lying to myself because I just wouldn't care whether they win or lose. Now I know that there are plenty of other fans here not from WNY that at some point chose to root for and follow the Bills for whatever reason, for those fans I can understand them switching teams when and if the time comes. But for me and the majority of Bills fans born and raised to love this loser franchise its the Bills or nothing.

Ok it sounds like you've sobered up because this post is much more reasonable. :nana: I probably would never feel the passion for another team like I do (sorry I did, that passion left a long time ago) for the Bills but to say if I ever rooted for another team means that I was never a true Bills fan sounded like the rantings of someone who had drowned the sorrows of another Bills loss before they posted. Oh and to follow a loser or nothing kind of makes you a a loser too.

I kid, I kid. Well kind of.