why Jake Locker went 4 for 20

marsadale

I believe the original poster is implying Locker is purposefully sucking so that the Bills don't draft him.

Thank you for clarifying, but the thread still defies the principles of logic.

Why would Locker assume that Buffalo would draft him? Perhaps a team like the 49ers would get him with their 1st overall pick, and if he's tanking the season, then he would be available in the later rounds of the draft.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

ok......ill type slower, so that you can understand.

The part about Locker going 4 for 20 so as not to be taken as the first QB in the draft was sarcasm. My point was to suggest that any collegiate star QB would be shetting in his socks at the prospect of coming to play for Buffalo, and having to endure the onslaught of malice that he would receive as a result of his "acheivement".

And to the dude that will never get his 20 seconds back, I doubt you were going to cure cancer during that period anyway.

With malice aforeonslaught. I like it.

I am seriously starting to wonder if there even IS a first-round worthy QB coming out in the draft this year. Wasn't 2011 supposed to be some big year for QB's???

I haven't seen one Saturday QB that really impressed me this year.

I'm an FSU guy too, and even Ponder makes me nervous. Looks like a good 2nd round kind of pick to me.

Ponder looked like **** when he played OU

ok......ill type slower, so that you can understand.

The part about Locker going 4 for 20 so as not to be taken as the first QB in the draft was sarcasm. My point was to suggest that any collegiate star QB would be shetting in his socks at the prospect of coming to play for Buffalo, and having to endure the onslaught of malice that he would receive as a result of his "acheivement".

And to the dude that will never get his 20 seconds back, I doubt you were going to cure cancer during that period anyway.

If that's the case we wouldnt want him anyway.

If I were a top college QB, I would be very, very wary of being picked by the Bills. We have a long history of destroying QBs (both as a team and fans of the team). If Jim Kelly were in the upcoming draft, he would have the same reaction that he had originally: why go the Bills and play on a team that has a history of not being able to pass protect.

I would fully expect any of the top QBs (and/or their agents) to ask the Bills what the plan is to pass protect.

And I suppose all other sucky teams in position to draft a Qb within the first 1-10 picks of the draft have fans who are much less venomous and/who are completely polite and accomodating to their teams sucky ways and never ever say anything negative? Come on!

Right. Pissed-off fans are as much-a-part of the game as the game itself.

The young kid who's up for the challange of coming to Orc Hard Park, that (seemingly) can turn it around (for we loyal fans) should be honored for the privledge to land here and make millions playing a game and making something out of near nothing.

That's right- you got it the wrong way around buddy.

If I were a top college QB, I would be very, very wary of being picked by the Bills. We have a long history of destroying QBs (both as a team and fans of the team). If Jim Kelly were in the upcoming draft, he would have the same reaction that he had originally: why go the Bills and play on a team that has a history of not being able to pass protect.

I would fully expect any of the top QBs (and/or their agents) to ask the Bills what the plan is to pass protect.

Ummm, Mr. Fitz was sacked once last week, and knocked down once via some fat asses (typical Patriacheat unpenalized officiating) illegal strike to the head. If you're a real NFL Qb, it's amazing how much better the pass protection automatically gets. It's a tough game for tough people. Perhaps soccer is more your (and the original poster's ) style?

Part of building a winner is accepting the challange. Why can't people understand this? Oh yeah, I remember now... because you've accepted to have the democrap seed to be planted in your brain... everyone deserves to be coddled & taken care of... no one deserves a little hardship and necessity to work for what they get...

I am seriously starting to wonder if there even IS a first-round worthy QB coming out in the draft this year. Wasn't 2011 supposed to be some big year for QB's???

I haven't seen one Saturday QB that really impressed me this year.

I'm an FSU guy too, and even Ponder makes me nervous. Looks like a good 2nd round kind of pick to me.

Just wait until you see Russell Wilson on October 28 when the Noles come to Raleigh. He's theoretically too short to play QB in the NFL at 5'10", but he's still awfully good in college. So far this year he is playing great.

The toughest QB in Buffalo Bills history did not want to play for the Bills because of our then piss poor offensive line. If given the choice, anybody in their right mind would question what the Bills plan on doing this more than a decade long problem -- especially if expected to play behind that line.

As a fan (whose family has had season tickets to the Bills since day one), I want them to finally resolve this problem. I am glad that you apparently do not think it is a problem.

Let's see what happens to Fitz when the Jets bring the heat this Sunday (or the Steelers, Ravens, etc.). Maybe you will realize that the problems we have (and will continue to have unless they are fixed) are larger than whoever happens to be the unfortunate guy who has to play behind these guys.

P.S. (In response to your soccer comment) I actually played football growing up. I have no idea whether you did, but your comments suggest that you never did or just don't understand the game. Games are won or lost at the line of scrimmage. Unfortunately, we are bad on both sides of the ball.

And I suppose all other sucky teams in position to draft a Qb within the first 1-10 picks of the draft have fans who are much less venomous and/who are completely polite and accomodating to their teams sucky ways and never ever say anything negative? Come on!

Right. Pissed-off fans are as much-a-part of the game as the game itself.

The young kid who's up for the challange of coming to Orc Hard Park, that (seemingly) can turn it around (for we loyal fans) should be honored for the privledge to land here and make millions playing a game and making something out of near nothing.

That's right- you got it the wrong way around buddy.

Ummm, Mr. Fitz was sacked once last week, and knocked down once via some fat asses (typical Patriacheat unpenalized officiating) illegal strike to the head. If you're a real NFL Qb, it's amazing how much better the pass protection automatically gets. It's a tough game for tough people. Perhaps soccer is more your (and the original poster's ) style?

Part of building a winner is accepting the challange. Why can't people understand this? Oh yeah, I remember now... because you've accepted to have the democrap seed to be planted in your brain... everyone deserves to be coddled & taken care of... no one deserves a little hardship and necessity to work for what they get...

Edited by Peter

Just wait until you see Russell Wilson on October 28 when the Noles come to Raleigh. He's theoretically too short to play QB in the NFL at 5'10", but he's still awfully good in college. So far this year he is playing great.

As a Wake county guy myself, yea Wilson is intriguing. I just don't know what to think of him as a prospect. Most short QB's struggle in the NFL and is Wilson the exception? I just can't decide yet.

The toughest QB in Buffalo Bills history did not want to play for the Bills because of our then piss poor offensive line. If given the choice, anybody in their right mind would question what the Bills plan on doing this more than a decade long problem -- especially if expected to play behind that line.

Well (insert QB name here), we at One Bills Drive are committed to building a winning football team and we realize that we cannot do that without a strong line. We feel as though we are set at the guard position and our LT has shown good progress. Our big weakness is at RT and a blocking TE and we need a long term option at center. We are going to target those positions in the draft and free agency.

Buddy & Chan after the QB leaves the room:

Buddy: Think he bought that line of BS Chan?

Chan: Doesn't really matter Buddy, we're going to pick the kid anyway.

Unless a QB wants to play in Canada they will go where they are drafted.

Edited by Beerball

I was just thinking about how a lot of Bills "fan" posters **** all over our former first rounders, then asked myself how a prospective star QB would percieve the prospect of being our QB of the future. If there were some Jake Locker, or Mallet, or Luck who actually read these threads, how excited would he be to come here, knowing what the future would hold. He'd know how little rope he would have before some of these guys would be camped out in their hemmorhoids; the namecalling, the vandalism, the venom......the second-guessing of the administration for having selected him. But no pressure, lol. First pick, first fumble, first interception thrown, We'd have guys calling for some third stringer to replace him.

It's not hard for me to imagine an Eli Manning/John Elway scenario occurring for Buffalo. Hopefully, though, they arent doing any research to discover the true mindset of the average Bills fan(poster).

Buffalo fans are representative. These are the days of talk radio and internet boards. Every NFL city has the same situation, venom, second-guessing and on and on.

It's more like this.

You have a super hot smoking date and she says, "Yes." You decide to go all out and take her to some fancy, romantic place for dinner -- the whole nine yards. When you get there, you're feeling good. It's going to set you back some, but it's worth it. This girl is amazing...

Then they sit you at a table that is between the door to the kitchen and the restroom. Then, you notice the rank order from the bathroom because the john's overflowed. It's not too noticable, you tell yourself. Then, the backwaiter pours water in your glasses, right over the top and all over the table. The carelessness splashes your date getting her new dress a little wet, but she politely says, "It's OK." You soak most of the mess up with a napkin and he promises to bring a new one, only to disappear forever and fade in memory. Time passes and nobody ever comes to take an order. Well, you get to talk, right? Thousands of people seem to stream in and out of the kitchen door with dishes and things. Eventually, you notice that there is shouting and the general sound of a no-holds-barred free-for-all melee taking place in the kitchen. You smile at your date. This isn't quite what you thought it would be.

The waiter finally comes and asks if you are ready to order. You try to politely mention that things, well, pretty much suck out loud at this restaurant, that you're not really so happy with the table, the service, etc. At which point, some other diner at this place jumps up and starts lecturing your date and yourself that if it wasn't for people like you this restaurant would still be the best in the city. It's not the restaurant you see; it is entirely your fault that the experience you're having on this date is bad and, well, a bit surreal.

Well (insert QB name here), we at One Bills Drive are committed to building a winning football team and we realize that we cannot do that without a strong line. We feel as though we are set at the guard position and our LT has shown good progress. Our big weakness is at RT and a blocking TE and we need a long term option at center. We are going to target those positions in the draft and free agency.

Buddy & Chan after the QB leaves the room:

Buddy: Think he bought that line of BS Chan?

Chan: Doesn't really matter Buddy, we're going to pick the kid anyway.

Unless a QB wants to play in Canada they will go where they are drafted.

You mean kind of like how Eli Manning was drafted by the Chargers, refused to play there, and went on to win a SB with the Giants? Doh. Stupid facts.

Edited by SouthGeorgiaBillsFan

I believe the original poster is implying Locker is purposefully sucking so that the Bills don't draft him.

Yes, I understand that. But no college QB would tank just so they wouldn't be drafted by a particular team. It's millions upon millions of dollars on the line. The difference in money between a top 5 or even top 10 slot versus a late 1st/early 2nd round slot is a wide chasm. And there's that off-chance that you're the much-hyped QB going into the season, only to find out that teams don't even think you're good enough to be drafted (ask Jevon Snead how his football career's going for him).

So my point remains. This topic is ridiculous. It's ludicrous to think that a player would sacrifice not only his own individual success but his team's success as well due solely to the possibility of having to play on a bad team.