Will we see Brohm start this season?

MClem06

If they think Brohm might be "the guy" (or at least the next guy) going forward in the rebuild process they would be stupid to play him while he is still likely to get killed. Maybe play him against teams with weak(er) defenses this season.

After this week, I give up on trying to figure out what the Bills will or won't do :)

If they think Brohm might be "the guy" (or at least the next guy) going forward in the rebuild process they would be stupid to play him while he is still likely to get killed. Maybe play him against teams with weak(er) defenses this season.

After this week, I give up on trying to figure out what the Bills will or won't do :)

That is the Catch-22, though. How do they know he is the guy if he doesn't play? And if he doesn't get to play (and they don't know whether or not he is the guy) -- will they back off drafting a QB next April because they believe he MIGHT be the guy?

I hope that if they do believe that Brohm has a future as possibly being a starting QB that they would let him start a few games this year to help identify whether or not he has what it takes. If you are worried about him getting killed behind the porous OL, then use mass protection schemes, even if it means just sending 1-2 guys out to catch the ball. That's what the Colts did with Manning back in 1998. They went 3-13 that year, but how did that investment work out?

I'm having a hard time understanding "the problem" with giving Brohm his chance. The guy had somewhat of a chance in GB, did not look good initially, and was given practically nothing after that. With Buffalo he played one game, hardly knowing the 1st teamers names, much less anything about how they played, and looked so-so in terrible weather.

This year he looked pretty good in camp, but as we know the order was already ordained, so his playing time was with the 2nd and 3rd stringers who couldn't block or catch a cold, much less a pass, and Gailey, and those of us with an open mind, saw good stuff in the guy.

Now that Gailey finally got rid of the obligitory starter, Edwards, Brohm moves up to number 2 where he will finally get some reps with the 1st teamers, and I feel sure, sometime not too long from now, he'll see some meaningful playing time from where we can FINALLY make some kind of determination whether or not the kid has it.

Until then all the chatter about how the kid has been a "failure" in his NFL time is just stupid, uneducated BS. Let's wait it out and see...huh!!

I'm having a hard time understanding "the problem" with giving Brohm his chance. The guy had somewhat of a chance in GB, did not look good initially, and was given practically nothing after that. With Buffalo he played one game, hardly knowing the 1st teamers names, much less anything about how they played, and looked so-so in terrible weather.

This year he looked pretty good in camp, but as we know the order was already ordained, so his playing time was with the 2nd and 3rd stringers who couldn't block or catch a cold, much less a pass, and Gailey, and those of us with an open mind, saw good stuff in the guy.

Now that Gailey finally got rid of the obligitory starter, Edwards, Brohm moves up to number 2 where he will finally get some reps with the 1st teamers, and I feel sure, sometime not too long from now, he'll see some meaningful playing time from where we can FINALLY make some kind of determination whether or not the kid has it.

Until then all the chatter about how the kid has been a "failure" in his NFL time is just stupid, uneducated BS. Let's wait it out and see...huh!!

Just one clarification, the one game Brohm started/played was in Atlanta, in a dome.

So every QB who has never been a starter has the potential to start & if we think he's a failure even after he sailed through waivers it's just plain stupid, WOW! Levi Brown is your next great hope. It's not stupid, uneducated BS when I can cite the fact that no player drafted as high or higher than Brohm has ever turned into a viable starter in the modern (post merger) history of the NFL who got waived on his rookie contract. You may still think it's BS, but it certainly isn't uneducated BS. I have the league history to back up my assumption, you have a pipedream that Brohm will be the 1st to do something. If anything is uneducated BS, it's assuming something that you HOPE will happen will happen even though it would be the 1st time EVER.

But the weather in that dome was terrible that day. :devil:

Must have been the game that the AC broke.

I want Brohm to be good, and to turn out to be the guy who was projected to be a #1 pick his Jr Year. I don't hold out much hope, but I would like to see it happen. Unfortunately, the only way to find out is to throw him to the wolves. Those people who say "we don't want him behind this team to get him hurt," he has the same chance next year.

I say play this out with Fitz in until the season is mathematically eliminated, and then get Brohm his few reps.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Brohm-a-step-closer-now/ea381a1a-ee50-48ac-a3a1-87d03cb7166c

The question is how long is Gailey intending on leaving Fitz at the helm? Do they intend on making the switch or are they going to ride Fitzy into the next season?

For this season, the Bills are going to play musical quarterbacks. If one quarterback underperforms for more than two straight games, then the next person in line will get a shot, and the cycle will continue.

I expect Brohm to start by the end of October.

I know throwing in the towel is the "in" thing to do right now, but if Fitz can keep having games like in NE, minus the INTs, the team will be better and we will win some games. The D has to improve though. I don't believe anyone at OBD is giving up, unlike the fans.

PTR

Brohm starting games will depend upon how inaccurate Fitz is with the ball. Make no mistake that Gailey will keep on playing Fitzpatrick if he manages to play within the system and keep those floaters for practice settings only.

I believe Gailey doesn't care where the QB comes from, who he is or what he did in the past, if the guy he choses plays well he will keep on playing that guy.

http://www.buffalobills.com/news/article-3/Brohm-a-step-closer-now/ea381a1a-ee50-48ac-a3a1-87d03cb7166c

The question is how long is Gailey intending on leaving Fitz at the helm? Do they intend on making the switch or are they going to ride Fitzy into the next season?

Will Brohm play? You betcha fellow!!! His contract is up at year end (he is cheap today), and they need to sign him again if he can perform. But, if its only , say, half a season...they won't have to pay as much to get him again. Is there anybody who believes this kind of thinking isn't going on at OBD?

Will Brohm play? You betcha fellow!!! His contract is up at year end (he is cheap today), and they need to sign him again if he can perform. But, if its only , say, half a season...they won't have to pay as much to get him again. Is there anybody who believes this kind of thinking isn't going on at OBD?

I don't believe it. Why don't you just start a thread every day titled "Ralph is Cheap" because posts like your's are doing exactly that. I think posts like your's are total BS. Brohm is not playing because everyone at OBD thinks that Fitzpatrick gives them a better chance to win at this time. Once the season is mathematically sunk, then you'll see Brohm. It's about winning, not money-something people like you will never see because all you ever think is Ralph is cheap. So keep posting all your Ralph is cheap BS and ignore the realities that Chan Gailey wants to win, because if he puts Brohm in before his time & he goes 0-16, no matter how much rope you think he has, at some point a bad enough record will get him fired. Now you won't believe it because you think Ralph is too cheap to fire him. Chan doesn't believe that & that's one reason he's trying to win as many games as possible, even if it's only 2 because the talent isn't there. Once Chan quits on the team by not putting who he feels are the best guys, he'll be toast.

Perhaps after the bye where he gets an extra week to prepare?