Trent Edwards to have a new team by 4pm tomorrow

RayFinkle

The Chiefs get first crack at him due to the poorest record last season, then Seattle

Two teams that could really use him and he might just start in a few weeks are Carolina and Jacksonville

This does seem eerily reminiscent of dumbo cutting his RT and OC two weeks before the season started, this years idiot coach just might have topped last years idiot coach :bag:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not gonna happen. We've got the short passes covered pretty well. Trent isn't going to torch anybody with 3 yard passes on 3rd and 12 or running out of bounds on 4th down. If he is starting against the Bills, I will personally guarantee a Bills victory.

He will if he has a good line protecting him instead of the school boys we have for a so called offensive line.The Bills never gave him a good decent line. You would be running scared if u were behine that line.

Absolutely. Stack the line, dare him to throw to marginally covered WRs 30 yards downfield. Watch him fail.

I salivate at the thought that one day we could play against a team with Trent Edwards as QB. Just think of it...

It will be interesting to see what happens. I personally hope he comes back and shreds the Bills some time this season. It would be poetic justice.

get out

He will if he has a good line protecting him instead of the school boys we have for a so called offensive line.The Bills never gave him a good decent line. You would be running scared if u were behine that line.

And here, class, is a prime example of the power of denial. It's a mysterious power of the mind to ignore the evidence right before their eyes.

Somebody get this guy a tape of Sunday's game. hamtenp obviously hasn't seen it yet. He doesn't know that it's possible for a guy not to play like a gutless wonder despite the guys playing in front of him.

trent was a very good guy for us - but a very poor qb - so i hope he does get another gig real soon.

The Chiefs get first crack at him due to the poorest record last season, then Seattle

Two teams that could really use him and he might just start in a few weeks are Carolina and Jacksonville

This does seem eerily reminiscent of dumbo cutting his RT and OC two weeks before the season started, this years idiot coach just might have topped last years idiot coach :bag:

we (the bills) do not have an idiot coach - just some idiot posters (on this board)

Whatever happens with Trent from this point forward is largely irrelevant, because it was painfully clear he wasn't going to succeed here.

The only question in my mind is whether we could've scraped some kind of consideration for him from one of the teams lower down on the waiver priority list. However, there was also going to be an intangible cost of having Trent still around, looming as a theoretical - if not realistic - "option" if (or, when) Fitz and Brohm tank. That kind of call is just a straight up judgment call best made by the GM ... and they obviously felt it wasn't worth it.

PS: I'm giving Buddy the benefit of the doubt by assuming Uncle Ralph wasn't the primary driver behind this. This kind of move - how it went down, etc. - does have some Ralph-ish fingerprints on it.

trent was a very good guy for us - but a very poor qb - so i hope he does get another gig real soon.

we (the bills) do not have an idiot coach - just some idiot posters (on this board)

WE ? Your not the Bills, your just a fan like the rest of us, and everyone one of us is entitled to an opinion. I made my opinion known because I can see this team losing many many more games because the Idiot kept Edwards all off season, all preseason, gave him the most reps as the other QB's watched. Never upgraded the O line at all, and in fact made it worse with the addition of Cornell Green. talk again after the Jets game, after the Ravens game, after the Steelers game

But you are correct that there are some Idiot posters <_<

Absolutely. Stack the line, dare him to throw to marginally covered WRs 30 yards downfield. Watch him fail.

Once the NFL realized that Trent was uncomfortable, reluctant and not very good at throwing the ball downfield, his once promising career was essentially over.

It blows my mind that there may be even one team with interest in this guy.

According to PFT, both the 49ers and Seahawks "like" Edwards. Chris Mortensen lists the Panthers, Jaguars, Chiefs, and Jets as other teams that could have interest. It's important to note that waiver priority will be determined by team's 2009 records.

WGR reported that as of this morning, the waiver wire is now based on the 2010 records. Not sure what is correct at this point but either way a crappy team is picking up Edwards today.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I personally hope he comes back and shreds the Bills some time this season. It would be poetic justice.

I sure hope you are joking but it doesn't sound like you are. Why would this be poetic justice ? Do you feel the Bills wronged him in some way ? He replaced JP who the organization thought was inadequate. Eventually his contract was not renewed. Boo friggin hoo. Now the same happens to Trent - the real games start and he rapidly regresses showing perhaps the worst QB play in the NFL over the first two games. Coach benches him, sees what can be done with a perennial backup (Fitz) and knows he will never again start Trent - cans him.

Whats wrong ? Why would you wish an opposing QB shreds your team ? To prove you were right ? Are you a Bills fan ?

So you're NOT a Bills fan. You are a Trent fan.

Still a little butt hurt that your boy got cut huh? It must have been the fans' fault.

Once the NFL realized that Trent was uncomfortable, reluctant and not very good at throwing the ball downfield, his once promising career was essentially over.

It blows my mind that there may be even one team with interest in this guy.

Bill Walsh liked him and the Bills have been traditionally incompetent w/ regards to coaching and front office, so someone will give him a look. Even if Trent goes to a team with a decent o-line and gains some confidence, the minute he gets hit hard he'll revert back to the QB we all know. Good luck to him and the team that grabs him.