Terrible ESPN Reporting - Levi Brown

disco

Look at this quote from ESPN's lead article regarding the release of Edwards:

To take Edwards' roster spot, the Bills plan to re-sign offensive tackle Levi Brown, whom they released this summer, a league source told Schefter.

Levi Brown's name is linked to a bio of an Arizona Cardinal.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5621888

Nice effort ESPN.

To take Edwards' roster spot, the Bills plan to re-sign offensive tackle Levi Brown, whom they released this summer, a league source told Schefter.

Nice effort ESPN.

Having a bad link is not the reporter's fault. The links are most likely inserted by some numbnuts 20-somethings who are dreaming about hosting Sports Center instead of doing some mind-numbing entry-level job.

Now, if the Bills don't re-sign Brown, that's the reporter's problem.

Why didn't we start Fitz week 1 and keep Brown on the roster from the get go?

Because we have experienced football men on the job, and they know better than us who the best QB is. Unfortunately, all game tapes from 2009 were destroyed before they took the jobs, so they went with the guy who threw a better ball in practice.

Because we have experienced football men on the job, and they know better than us who the best QB is. Unfortunately, all game tapes from 2009 were destroyed before they took the jobs, so they went with the guy who threw a better ball in practice.

Or Somebody told Gailey to start Edwards, somebody who signs his check

Or Somebody told Gailey to start Edwards, somebody who signs his check

You think so? I doubt it. Honestly, once we take it as a given that no potential starter would be brought in at QB, I think the QB "competition" came down to simple coaching arrogance. Coaches who come from one side of the ball tend to think that they can coach up guys who basically stink. Gailey was able to talk himself into believing that Edwards' problems were 1) all mental, 2) caused by his previous coaches, and 3) fixable by Gailey. I think at least (2) and (3) were wrong, and maybe (1) as well. I was never impressed by Edwards' non-checkdown accuracy, but it was so rare he actually threw over the middle that it's hard to judge accurately.

Hey Tim! Good to have you back.

I know you were trying to make a funny, but for the record, that's not happening.

As for the error (since fixed, I see), obviously some editor in Bristol was in a rush to add the "sources told ESPN Insider Adam Schefter!!11!!ONE!" paragraph to Wawrow's story and got it wrong. Oops.

I know you were trying to make a funny, but for the record, that's not happening.

As for the error (since fixed, I see), obviously some editor in Bristol was in a rush to add the "sources told ESPN Insider Adam Schefter!!11!!ONE!" paragraph to Wawrow's story and got it wrong. Oops.

Hey Lori! Good to have you back. Heheh. ;)

Gailey said Levi is a possibility but Nix is still beating the bushes. Might not even be a QB they pick up.

PTR

They will need a roster spot for Nelson next week. Still, might as well sign someone even if it's just one week.

Having a bad link is not the reporter's fault. The links are most likely inserted by some numbnuts 20-somethings who are dreaming about hosting Sports Center instead of doing some mind-numbing entry-level job.

Now, if the Bills don't re-sign Brown, that's the reporter's problem.

It's not the link I had an issue with; it's the actual error in the story itself.

Nice effort ESPN.

Just say NO to another Penn State bust. :thumbdown:

Your voice of reason is so sorely missed.....

Thanks for surfacing....