How long before Buddy gets fired?

freester

Nothing says a franchise is serious about winning than firing the GM and coaches after 1/4th of a season. Qualified candidates will be beating a path to One Bills Drive to be part of this winner.

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nix has made a series of terrible personnel moves. Terrible draft with which we are getting almost no production out of, wasting first round pick on RB , not keeping incognito, resigning Kelsay, mediocre free agent moves such as cornell at RT. He has done nothing to upgrade the talent on the team. I do think Gailey is a good HC, but we have an inexperienced DC. Overall, I feel he is overmatched for the job.

I know, right? Spiller is a waste of a pick, Troup has amounted to nothing in his NFL career, Carrington hasn't even dressed 3 games in, Easley got hurt (what was Nix thinking on that one !?!). I mean, get rid of this guy TODAY. I've been watching football for a long time and I can tell you that you can always tell how good a player's career is going to be after 3 games.

Anyone who isn't skeptical of Nix is desperate and dishonest.

The mere fact that Kelsay has reportedly been offered an extension for $24 million should make the biggest homers puke in their mouth a little bit. :sick:

The biggest indictment of Nix for me was his draft day decisions. Picking small school projects was first. Not drafting an O lineman early on was second. Ignoring the pass rush..passing on Ob's ... meanwhile #2-7 are all sitting on the bench while #1 gets less than 10 touches per game. On a talent depleted team this is unacceptable...well at least to the realists it is.

The absolute acceptance of this guy comes from fans who have the blank stare of a circus animal and the denial mentality of a battered wife. :bag:

they are "doable" in your made up fantasy where everything you want to happens, happens. That's not the way real life works though dude.

what 3-4 linebackers would you have drafted, and when, that wouldve been able to start in their rookie season?

how do you convince Dansby and Adams to come here? Or are you just throwing around fake money, without knowing the cap repercussions?

I could make up a way to get all Pro-bowl talent at every position. Doesnt mean its the least bit possible.

Dansby might have responded to a lot of money.

Who's worried about the cap??

Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.

You say that like Nix is a sure fire genius. Maybe you can start by telling us 1 positive thing that has gone on a OBD since he's gotten there. Besides awful personnel, has the attitude changed? Has the line play/QB/pass rush changed? Didn't think so.

I'm sorry RJ, but your reply gets a "zero..point...zero"

Anyone who isn't skeptical of Nix is desperate and dishonest.

The biggest indictment of Nix for me was his draft day decisions. Picking small school projects was first. Not drafting an O lineman early on was second. Ignoring the pass rush..passing on Ob's ... meanwhile #2-7 are all sitting on the bench while #1 gets less than 10 touches per game. On a talent depleted team this is unacceptable...well at least to the realists it is.

Desperate? Not so much.

Dishonest? Offensively ridiculous.

Nobody is confused by the fact that the Buffalo Bills need upgrades in a wide range of positions. We need competent players to replace incompetent ones, we need good players to replace merely competent ones and we need some playmakers to replace good ones. Any of those I just mentioned are upgrades and we need LOTS of upgrades in lots of positions. Obviously it's most efficient to replace an incompetent player with a playmaker.

Here's the problem, playmakers are hard to find, and you take one if you (think you can) get one. A playmaker is an automatic upgrade over anyone else. Yes we had (still have) good players at running back in Lynch and Jackson. Even though he's struggling a little in the transition into the NFL, Spiller has TWO touchdowns in three games, while Lynch and Jackson have ZERO. Lynch in his best season had nine. Jackson's best is three (plus maybe st score). IMO, Spiller is an upgrade because he can score points and is a legitimate threat that defenses have to account for.

As for lack of impact from the rest of the draft class, it's rare for a later round rookie to have much impact his first season. So our first is contributing, our second is a primary backup for a durable player; our third is buried behind our deepest position (do you realize that we have NINE defensive ends on our 53 man roster when only two can play at any one time?) Our 4th, 5th, 6th rounders are injured. You are right there isn't much impact there, but it's awfully hard to have much impact when you're injured.

There are many ways to skin a cat, and everyone has an opinion as to how to do it. Every other opinion isn't worthless and yours isn't necessarily worth any more than you what spews out of many "opinions".

But for your complaints about Nix, I like many things about him. I like that he's been a highly regarded scout for a long time. I like that he immediately tagged and got a highly regarded up and comer as a successor to him to work with and train. I like that his draft philosophy is to draft the people who can play and not just draft a body to fill a role. (Some comment akin to: "then you compound a problem with two people who can't play") I like that he puts a priority early in the draft for big bodies. This based not only on his words but the fact that out of the first 5 draft picks he picked 3 linemen.

You can only fill so many holes at once (and we have many). So which ones ones in which order we can surely debate, but not everyone else's opinion is wrong.

You say that like Nix is a sure fire genius. Maybe you can start by telling us 1 positive thing that has gone on a OBD since he's gotten there. Besides awful personnel, has the attitude changed? Has the line play/QB/pass rush changed? Didn't think so.

I'm sorry RJ, but your reply gets a "zero..point...zero"

3 games into his first season, John. 3 games.

PTR

FYI - Incognito is a guard. We have two starters.

Wood could have moved to center (apparently some say this is part of the "long-term" plan) and Incognito could have played gaurd. As Levitre has already suffered injury there would be more than a little justification for a "safety net" at this position as well.

Maybe you are right and Nix's philosophy "less is more" AND "build something out of nothing" philosophy might work. I'm just not a big believer in peeing away a year and half before you get to work.

Desperate? Not so much.

Dishonest? Offensively ridiculous.

I disagree. Some Bills fans are so desperate that they will always anoint the "next guy" the savior. How many posts did you read about "Nix's great Drafts" or quoting Reuters articles taken from Wiki to find quotes that don't exist? Who cares that he was never given a shot! He got one with the Bills and it's good enough until his 4 years are up or this plan goes up in flames (whichever come first).

So yes, the need to look at Nix as if he walks on water wreaks of desperation and the lack of scrutiny by the Pollyannas is completely dishonest. Hell, you've even adopted his tag-line about how long it takes to rebuild. Like this plan is 100% going to work 5 years from now! Ask the Falcons, Jets, GB and the Dolphins how long it takes. It doesn't take a great O line or a great QB, it takes a vision and ignoring what has plagued this team for the last 10 years (OL,QB,Pass Rush) and drafting a bunch of backups and small level college players sucks.

How can we say bad moves?

Spiller had 2 td's yesterday, and is a great pick up. Kelsey is a hate kind of guy, but I think he has abilities and is not great, but not bad either. I don't think he should be covering a TE. Nix picked up Wang, Troupe, and others. We never had a bad draft, just because we didn't pick up a qb or rt immediately. Look at Trent. The management seen good things and THOUGHT that it just might have been the old staff not coaching. They just cut Trent. A coach can't cut a player without management being involved. Give Nix a year or two before we start asking to lynch the guy is all I'm saying. They never said we be a playoff team this year.

Dansby might have responded to a lot of money.

Who's worried about the cap??

anyone who is serious about rebuilding a team and changing a franchise for more than just a couple years.

we can all sit here and make up Free Agency moves, but no one has their calculators out, or has any idea how to balance a cap.

How can we say bad moves?

Kelsey is a hate kind of guy, but I think he has abilities and is not great, but not bad either. I don't think he should be covering a TE.

Let me help you out here. The function of any LB, 34 or 43, is to run the defense as called. So when the Packers saw Kelsay in man against the Phins, they were going to exploit that. It was the Bills fault for letting that happen and not protecting Kelsay.

That gets to your brilliant point about our beloved #90. He sucks, he's a terrible OLB. He can't rush the QB, he can't play in zone and he can't play man. He is underwhelming at the point of attack and your boy Nix is about to give him a big old extension.

That sir, is a bad move...actually it's a mind-blowingly-horrible move...but that's your guy! :wallbash:

Give me a break... three games in and now the GM should be fired. Lame.

I agree...some people just are too stupid to post. If anyone thinks a GM can fix a mess with one draft and hit on every pick, I want what they're smoking. I was genuinely excited to see Buddy come back as a scout and loved the promotion to GM as well...how anyone could want him fired so soon is beyond reason

Nix has made a series of terrible personnel moves. Terrible draft with which we are getting almost no production out of, wasting first round pick on RB , not keeping incognito, resigning Kelsay, mediocre free agent moves such as cornell at RT. He has done nothing to upgrade the talent on the team. I do think Gailey is a good HC, but we have an inexperienced DC. Overall, I feel he is overmatched for the job.

I feel you should back off untill he has a couple of years here. One draft and you have this to say? Trent is gone and you have this to say? Says alot about you and nothing about Buddy :P