Only fools could get on Fitzpatrick's case

1billsfan

He made two bad interceptions, but the guy looked cool, comfortable and very good in putting up 23 points on the road against the Patriots. I haven't seen the Bills look this good on offense since I don't know when. For those detractors who are obsessing over the two interceptions, QBs who have balls are going to throw some interceptions, so get over it already!

It was the piss poor run defense (Danny freaking Woodhead????) and the piss poor pass rush that cost us the game yesterday.

He made two bad interceptions, but the guy looked cool, comfortable and very good in putting up 23 points on the road against the Patriots. I haven't seen the Bills look this good on offense since I don't know when. For those detractors who are obsessing over the two interceptions, QBs who have balls are going to throw some interceptions, so get over it already!

It was the piss poor run defense (Danny freaking Woodhead????) and the piss poor pass rush that cost us the game yesterday.

Lots of QBs throw int's like that...it happens when you are going to put the ball in the air and give receivers a chance...a little frustrating to see an easy TD to Parrish go sailing over his head and into the waiting safeties arms, but whatever...we looked like an NFL team on offense yesterday for the first time this year...now we can see Gailey's mind at work with a QB who can run his system...IMO, Fitz is a better QB than either Fiedler or Stewart, who Gailey made into pretty good QBs as OC...

It wasn't his balls that got him into trouble with those INTs - it was his footwork. The guys he was throwing to were open but unfortunately he put the ball 7 feet over their heads. I'm not blaming Fitz though, the offense looks much much better with him at the helm. The D could use some work on that so-called "pass rush" though...

the people obsessing over his 2 INTS and "inaccuracy" are ridiculous. The guy strung together some first downs and kept drives alive yesterday. I hate hearing people nitpick his performance. Overall it was really good and he's had some nice starts dating back to last season. He's not a fluke. Is Fitz an elite QB? of course not but he is someone that we are lucky to have right now. He makes everyone around him better, unlike the other guy who makes people around him worse.

Fitzy let the pass to Parrish sail a bit high, but Nelson could have made a play for the ball on the second interception.

All in all I was pleased with Fitzy's overall play and poise.

Agreed. It was actually fun to watch a Bills game again. Especially deep into the fourth quarter. There was one point in the game where Fitz had almost the exact same stats as Brady minus the INT.

Agreed. It was actually fun to watch a Bills game again. Especially deep into the fourth quarter. There was one point in the game where Fitz had almost the exact same stats as Brady minus the INT.

I noticed that too and was sort of shocked, but also very pleased. I think Fitzpatrick played his heart out and gave us everything he had yesterday. Much kudos. :thumbsup:

Fitzpatrick is obviously more of a gamer than Trent is, but he lost the #1 job in camp because he is not accurate and that inaccuracy did give away at least TD points in a one score game. Those two picks were QB error. The throw to Parrish was over and behind where Parrish was when he made his break to wide open space, It wasn't a mental error, it was an inaccurate throw. The toss to Nelson was also high. These back breaking misfires are what has kept him #2 on the depth chart and made him expendable in St Louis and Cincy.

So, while like many, I am happy to see a QB at least making some plays downfield, the fanbase will quickly grow tired of these costly mistakes and will anoint Fitzpatrick the new scapegoat. I am starting believe if Chan could work with a good o-line and get a solid NFL QB on his roster, the offensive scheme would stand a change of being very successful with the existing WR and RB's (and upgrade at TE, or Nelson coming back from suspension and coming on would be needed).

Edited by over 20 years of fanhood

Fitzpatrick is obviously more of a gamer than Trent is, but he lost the #1 job in camp because he is not accurate and that inaccuracy did give away at least TD points in a one score game. Those two picks were QB error. The throw to Parrish was over and behind where Parrish was when he made his break to wide open space, It wasn't a mental error, it was an inaccurate throw. The toss to Nelson was also high. These back breaking misfires are what has kept him #2 on the depth chart and made him expendable in St Louis and Cincy.

So, while like many, I am happy to see a QB at least making some plays downfield, the fanbase will quickly grow tired of these costly mistakes and will anoint Fitzpatrick the new scapegoat. I am starting believe if Chan could work with a good o-line and get a solid NFL QB on his roster, the offensive scheme would stand a change of being very successful with the existing WR and RB's (and upgrade at TE, or Nelson coming back from suspension and coming on would be needed).

My man, Fitzpatrick was 20-28. That's accurate in anyone's who's a rational Bills fan's book. If you demand such perfection from a QB then may I suggest you become a Colts fan.

This obsessing over Fitz's interceptions and a couple of his other incompletions has officially become obnoxious.

Which begs the questions...how does this team go into the season with no upgrades on the Line or at QB, this coaching staff had all off season to evaluate what they had ....with no the lack of improvement on the O line alone has cost this team two games.

The Patriots have a very poorly rated defense at this point #27th, even Buffalo has a better defense. I simply don't see the Bills beating the Jets with that defense of theirs, although they might have a shot against the Jags, and IF they beat them they go into the bye week at 1-4

While I agree with you that the fans will quickly turn on fitz if he doesn't put the W's in the win column, what then...Brian Brohm?

This thread is so indicative of how long its been since we had a good QB. Fitz outing was light years better than anything Trent has or would have put up...however, in the scope of what trully good QB play is, he was just average at best. His inaccuracy issues reared its ugly head and it did cost us any chance of winning this game. So while his superior play in comparision to Trent allowed us to be in this game, his below average accuracy issues cost us this game.

I dont mean this to pile on Fitz, he was by far more effective than Trent and proves what I have been saying all along, that it was FAR MORE TRENT than our O Line and that Trent is no where near an NFL QB which is why our offense looked so putrid. He is tough and tries to make plays, and I respect his play for that. But, the unfortunate truth is that he is not (at least right now, maybe he will develop more) consistent or accurate enough to be a consistent and above average starter in this league...but he is a great back up.

Who knows, like I said above, maybe under Chan he will develop more but I just still dont see him as our permanent starter.

Buddy should cut Trent now so he could find a job somewhere else. I didn't say a job in NFL and no he's not tradable! I don't even want to see him on the side line!

Bro, when Edwards is playing and excitement constitutes the Bills getting a first down or two a few series a game, instead of going 3 and out every series, Fitzpatrick's play was nothing short of orgasmic to most Bills fans...

Fitz is like the chick who you know is really nice and would make a great girlfriend,,,but you keep bypassing her trying to land someone hotter. Then finally one day you say....hey, she's alright...and you settle down, lol.. Ok- well the Bills have finally seen the light and I'm very happy for Fitz. Finally he can be "The Guy" to lead a team and not have to be just a stand in or temporary fix. He's the QB for the Buffalo Bills this year,,,,and he's not gonna need to look over his shoulder at Brohm or Levi Brown. I'm happy for the guy. I think he's a gamer.

Edited by zow2

Thanks for this.

I'm sort of tired of the "fans" who don't like Fitz because he isn't going to win a championship - or he'll hurt our chances at an early bust (erm. pick) next year.

We need to stop trying to be "educated" fans and just watch and enjoy the game. We are not as smart as the coaches on this team, believe it or not. If you were, you'd give up your full time job and start coaching at your local High School, then hope to move up to the college and finally the professional ranks. What we all are is great at pointing out mistakes. Guess what? They see 'em too! It doesn't take the frustration of 10, 20, 30, or more years to see them.

I've learned to stop worrying, and love the Bills. You should too!