How can you blame Fitz

trock12

The Bills were energized offensively. They are a much better team without Edwards in the line up. They played with confidence for the first time all season. The fourth quarter interception was on Nelson, who did not even try to jump for the catch, though it was thrown perfectly so he was the only one who could catch it--except he did not try to catch it. He is a stop gap, but they can win games with him. They will win 0 games with Edwards.

The Bills were energized offensively. They are a much better team without Edwards in the line up. They played with confidence for the first time all season. The fourth quarter interception was on Nelson, who did not even try to jump for the catch, though it was thrown perfectly so he was the only one who could catch it--except he did not try to catch it. He is a stop gap, but they can win games with him. They will win 0 games with Edwards.

Real thing will be when the Jets knock fitz out of the game do we go back to our Ken Doll QB or do we give Broham a shot?

We all know Fitzpatrick is a backup, and the fact that he's our starting QB by week three says a lot about of front office. But I think Fitz is a valuable part of our team because he's as solid a back up as you can get. If he's starting, he at least gives you a chance to win, and that's what he did today by leading us to 30 points. So overall, the blame for this game specifically goes to the defense.

Edited by bills1960

That last pic was all Nelson.

this is like the fiftieth time ive responded to a post like this, but how was it nelson's fault? it was way high and behind him.

and to answer: fitz threw two terrible, terrible passes that got intercepted. especially the first one that should have been a TD or near-td.

Edited by bizell

Fitzpatrick was an improvement over Edwards, but you can blame him because he threw costly interceptions in crunch time to lose the game.

The game wouldn't have been within reach by the third quarter if Trent started IMO. At least they got to the point where a late game INT meant something.

He just isn't really any good. Sure he probably is better than Trent, but you get the choice of wimping your way to losses or shooting yourself in the foot with big turnovers.

Either way, without a decent qb you pretty much just fail.

He definitely is better than Trent, no doubt remains. I enjoyed today's games immensely. They competed and were in it to the end. Last week we were blown out early in the 3rd Quarter. The first week was a snooze fest.

this is like the fiftieth time ive responded to a post like this, but how was it nelson's fault? it was way high and behind him.

and to answer: fitz threw two terrible, terrible passes that got intercepted. especially the first one that should have been a TD or near-td.

Yeah no ****, you even laughed at me in the game thread, as if you're the only one who was watching the play and it went the way you described it. I saw a ball fly less then two feet over Nelson's head and Nelson not even TRYING to jump for it. You think you're right? Say so. But quit trying to make us all think you are right and we're wrong, because that's annoying the piss outta me now.

Edited by TheChimp

Fitz is the QB and he gets credit or blame. The 2 picks were both bad throws. But the whole blame for the game can't be on him. He played very well (except the 2 picks). The offense actually moved the ball. We got as many yards today as we did in the first game combined and almost twice the points. The Offense was fired up. The running game was working pretty well in the first half.

Part of the blame has to be the play calling. When we took over with 3:00 left and 2 timeouts, why did we come out in the shotgun empty backfield, "Earth to Bill Bellyache, we're going to pass" look? There was plenty of time. We should have lined up in more of normal set with ML in there and give him a few time to see if he could break one. Or put in ML AND Spiller. I just don't get it. Why telegraph what we're going to do. Especially when QB is our weak link.

Part of the blame has to be the play calling. When we took over with 3:00 left and 2 timeouts, why did we come out in the shotgun empty backfield, "Earth to Bill Bellyache, we're going to pass" look? There was plenty of time. We should have lined up in more of normal set with ML in there and give him a few time to see if he could break one. Or put in ML AND Spiller. I just don't get it. Why telegraph what we're going to do. Especially when QB is our weak link.

+1

Especially when you consider the RB's were getting almost 7 yards a carry

Fitzpatrick helped engineer 30 points against the Patriots, but at the cost of 2 interceptions. Pretend that you don't know what the other team scored. I would take that EVERY WEEK compared to what we have gotten in the past few years. We scored 30 points against the Patriots, give me that QB every week if he can perform at that level.

Fitzpatrick helped engineer 30 points against the Patriots, but at the cost of 2 interceptions. Pretend that you don't know what the other team scored. I would take that EVERY WEEK compared to what we have gotten in the past few years. We scored 30 points against the Patriots, give me that QB every week if he can perform at that level.

Yup! With the conservative playbook they've had the last 3 years, I'd rather see it opened up and take some risks. Even at the expense of some bad plays. Not to mention Fitz only had one week of taking all the snaps in practice. The team seems to rally around him more than Trent which, in my mind, is just as important as having talent.

So Fitz was on the field blocking for Spiller on the kickoff returned for a TD?

Your accuracy is near that of Fitz (he QB'd the Bills on 23 points).

So Fitz was on the field blocking for Spiller on the kickoff returned for a TD?

Your accuracy is near that of Fitz (he QB'd the Bills on 23 points).

Fitz' completion percentage today was 71%. Sounds pretty accurate to me. the picks were bad throws plus a few others, but all in all he was accurate today.

What gets me is everyone knew this guy was horribly inaccurate from last season, but willing to make the throws Edwards wasn't. Those two interceptions are what you get with Fitz and will continue to get all season.

The Patriots have the 27th ranked defense, along with almost no pass rush, Buffalo's defense is better...and that says a bunch about how bad that Pats defense really is.

Fitz had much more time to throw against the Pats then Edwards did against either Miami or GB. Green Bay has the 4th ranked after 2 games and Miami has the 5th ranked after 3 games, now the Jets are currently sitting at 11th after 3 games. Lets see how Fitz and the O line plays next week against a much better Jets pass rush and defense.

BOBO will probably start Edwards....

Edited by Harvey lives