Fitzpatrick threw 2 costly INT's, yet....

The Poojer

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fitz is a very average QB but I love everything about the guy. He plays with a swagger. Levi Brown also said that Fitz helped him out a ton learning the offense. I'd love Fitz to be teh Bills' backup for the rest of his career.

This. I'd amend this to say I think he's a pretty solid QB trapped in the body of someone who's just not accurate enough to start on a regular basis. His intangibles outweigh his deficiencies given what we have on the roster. I'd be happy to have him around as backup for the rest of his career, too.

This. I'd amend this to say I think he's a pretty solid QB trapped in the body of someone who's just not accurate enough to start on a regular basis. His intangibles outweigh his deficiencies given what we have on the roster. I'd be happy to have him around as backup for the rest of his career, too.

Fitz is a like a fat, ugly, bald guy who still thinks he can get any chick he wants.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

i come out of this game feeling a hell of a lot better than the past couple of weeks....did you see fitz scan the field on multiple occasions....he avoided check downs....we set up the passing game using 'beast mode'....i know he isnt the answer to our problems, but holy crap did this game have a completely different dynamic than games led by edwards.

btw, i blame the 2nd INT as much on Nelson, not fighting for it, as i do on Fitz...Nelson should have done anything and everything possible to break it up...he did NOTHING....fitz is to blame for a horrible throw, but you need your receivers to fight for you as well....

....except the ball was way over his head. Now maybe if he was allowed to carry a ladder on his routes...

Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions last year. After a performance like today, where the Bills score 23 offensive points after 17 in the last two weeks combined, it is utterly incomprehensible to me that anyone would suggest starting Trent Edwards over Ryan Fitzpatrick, and that line of thinking is akin to being mentally challenged.

Peyton Manning threw 16 interceptions last year.

I don't believe it is "acceptable" to any Bills fan. But I believe one-whine-fits-all chants of "a loss is a loss" or "the Bills suck and will always suck", etc are far dumber, if you are really trying to evaluate the team and its future. Clearly there are some posters here who seem incapable of ever diagnosing and fixing an problem because they would simply throw something away if it didn't work perfectly, or replace everyone associated with a losing performance. IMO, the best approach is to try to honestly evaluate what works, what doesn't and why.

The problem with the team the past two weeks, and honestly the past few years, is it has been hard to figure out what parts are worth keeping, what parts are improving, what parts have potential, etc. If the Bills continue to lose, but do it like they did today, those observations might be a bit easier to make. You really can't tell if a WR is any good if the QB can't/won't get the ball to him, for example.

Should I assume you will continue to take shots at the die-hard Bills fans who will continue to talk about the ups and downs of the team, criticize, praise, find room for improvement when they win (someday!) find silver linings in hard fought losses? I mean why not? It's really easy to do, requires virtually no effort or thought.

+1

P.S. Is anyone here besides me bothered by the fact that when you try to make two consecutive posts in the same thread, the board software automatically lumps them into one single post? That "feature" is annoying, to say the least . . .

Edited by Edwards' Arm

Peyton Manning threw 28 interceptions last year. After a performance like today, where the Bills score 23 offensive points after 17 in the last two weeks combined, it is utterly incomprehensible to me that anyone would suggest starting Trent Edwards over Ryan Fitzpatrick, and that line of thinking is akin to being mentally challenged.

wait which total moron thought trent should start again?

+1

P.S. Is anyone here besides me bothered by the fact that when you try to make two consecutive posts in the same thread, the board software automatically lumps them into one single post? That "feature" is annoying, to say the least . . .

Look up a couple of posts, someone else caught that too. I had my spreadsheet sorted backwards. I'd edit it -- but why? First, mistakes are mitsakes, and second: the point still remains (that good quarterbacks also throw interceptions), and not that Fitz is good (he's not), but to make a case for Edwards over Fitz because of two picks today probably means a person is mentally retarded. And that is not hyperbole.

wait which total moron thought trent should start again?

Some on this board, and you know, others, too.

I don't believe it is "acceptable" to any Bills fan. But I believe one-whine-fits-all chants of "a loss is a loss" or "the Bills suck and will always suck", etc are far dumber, if you are really trying to evaluate the team and its future. Clearly there are some posters here who seem incapable of ever diagnosing and fixing an problem because they would simply throw something away if it didn't work perfectly, or replace everyone associated with a losing performance. IMO, the best approach is to try to honestly evaluate what works, what doesn't and why.

The problem with the team the past two weeks, and honestly the past few years, is it has been hard to figure out what parts are worth keeping, what parts are improving, what parts have potential, etc. If the Bills continue to lose, but do it like they did today, those observations might be a bit easier to make. You really can't tell if a WR is any good if the QB can't/won't get the ball to him, for example.

Should I assume you will continue to take shots at the die-hard Bills fans who will continue to talk about the ups and downs of the team, criticize, praise, find room for improvement when they win (someday!) find silver linings in hard fought losses? I mean why not? It's really easy to do, requires virtually no effort or thought.

BURNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNED!!! :worthy:

+1

Agreed! I don't mind if it I'm quoting separate things, because the quotes sort of act as buffer, but yeah.

I think it is designed to cut down on spam or post whoring or something.

I'm not sure why [almost] everyone's so quick to declare Fitz isn't the answer. I'm not saying he is, but he's made steady improvement over his career. If I'm not mistaken he's started just under 2 full seasons worth of games. Last year he had a winning record on a 6-10 team and showed dramatic improvement on the team this week. Maybe with a strong line, big-time receivers, and a little more experience Fitz could be one of the better QBs in the league.

Edited by Rob's House

I'm not sure why [almost] everyone's so quick to declare Fitz isn't the answer. I'm not saying he is, but he's made steady improvement over his career. If I'm not mistaken he's started just under 2 full seasons worth of games. Last year he had a winning record on a 6-10 team and showed dramatic improvement on the team this week. Maybe with a strong line, big-time receivers, and a little more experience Fitz could be one of the better QBs in the league.

I'm kinda with you on this one. If the Bills decided to forego the top QBs in the next draft and get the most amazing pass rushers and run stuffers for the D-Line and LB corps, instead, and kept Fitz/Brohm as the duo, I wouldn't bet at ALL upset.

I wholeheartedly agree. There has been a lot of chatter about Trent needing 4 seasons to fully prove himself, yet people lose their minds when Fitz throws a couple INTs. I don't feel Fitz has a chance to be one of the elites; however, if given a season I do think a lot of his issues could be sorted out. At the very least last week Buffalo was the worst team in the league, but now not even close. That alone should means we never say the words "Trent Edwards" again. Honestly, if the D played as well as Fitz that 13 game streak would have ended hard today.

i come out of this game feeling a hell of a lot better than the past couple of weeks....did you see fitz scan the field on multiple occasions....he avoided check downs....we set up the passing game using 'beast mode'....i know he isnt the answer to our problems, but holy crap did this game have a completely different dynamic than games led by edwards.

btw, i blame the 2nd INT as much on Nelson, not fighting for it, as i do on Fitz...Nelson should have done anything and everything possible to break it up...he did NOTHING....fitz is to blame for a horrible throw, but you need your receivers to fight for you as well....

Well, as I read these posts I see that our expectations are now so low that any competitive showing by the offense or the defense brings satisfaction. I caught myself telling my son at the end of the game, "that was the best game the offense has played in almost a year." When teams beat us in low scoring games, it will be "the defense did their job, today," when the reality may be that the other team knew they could sit on a small lead and get the win. Ralph, I've got thirty-two dollars in my wallet. I'll mail it to you. Don't bother sending a thank you card.

Yeah. Fitz isn't a good QB. But he's an average QB who's trying to win. He missed on a pass to Roscoe that would have been a TD if he had hit it. That's not something to be ashamed of, that's just not being good enough to make a big play.

I would put Brohm in after the Jets game and see what happens.That way we will know exactly what we got going into the 2011 draft........Mallet or Luck if he comes out.

I would put Brohm in after the Jets game and see what happens.That way we will know exactly what we got going into the 2011 draft........Mallet or Luck if he comes out.

I agree, if Brohm sucks you can always go back to Fitz. This team has needs all over the place, OT, QB, OLB, DT. They need to find out who, on the roster, can play.

I await with bated breath the release of Trent Edwards this morning....

After watching Fitz sling balls around and how much life was injected into this offense, I can't help but think that Trent lost this team after week 1.

He is not a leader, he never will be one. He is the anti-thesis of a football player. He looked at football as a way of making a few dollars. He never had a passion for the game and it showed from his demeanor, his lackadaisical responses in interviews and press conferences, and the way he carried himself on the field. That 4th and 11 run out of bounds was a great synopsis of his career.

Meanwhile, Fitz, God bless him, will get himself killed to get a first down. It's too bad the guy doesn't have the accuracy because he's got the heart of a champion. He's the Rudy of QBs.