Fizpatrick going to lead the Bills to the first pick in the draft

billsfreak

Just watching the CBS pregame show and they were talking about the new quarterbacks this weekend and when the talk of the Bills came up, Boomer's comment was "Ryan Fitzpatrick will lead the Bills right to the first pick in the 2011 draft" then he said something about Mallett being a Buffalo Bill in 2011. The sad thing is, it is the same thought around the country about our team, and even sadder is it is true. It has been a terrible decade plus to be a Bills fan. This is first season in over 30 years where I am not psyched up for sundays and Bills' games.

That may be true (tho we are far from the only 0-2 team at this point)

It wont be all Fitzpatrick's doing if so

This hadn't fully sunk in on me:

Ten (10) starting quarterbacks are already out after Week 2. 1/3 of the league!

Seven for performance reasons.

Yowza.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_16175465

Y'know, with all the talk about how B'lo as a team just reeks, and this many teams thin on QB, it actually wouldn't surprise me

if someone out there was willing to take a flyer on Edwards, figuring Bills are just such a mess no one could succeed there.

Ryan "Throwing Picks When It Counts" Fitzpatrick did a great job working towards the Bills drafting his replacement.

Lay off Fitz. He didn't get the 1st string in training camp, he didn't get the 1st string in preseason, he sat on the bench for 2 games

He did what most folks on this board have been begging for. He threw the ball downfield. He took risks. He moved the chains. He showed balls and heart.

We had 347 yards total offense, for the record that's close to what we had for the first 2 games added together.

I'll take it.

It's a team sport. If the Bills had a D worth the powder to blow 'em to hell, the picks wouldn't have mattered.

It's mind boggling to me that so-called Bills fans would be trashing Fitz right now. For two weeks the offense specialized in 3 and out. A first down was a moment for celebration. Fitz comes in, moves the ball consistently on damn near every drive, and a handful of "fans" are trashing him because the offense only put up 23 points. Pathetic.

Lay off Fitz. He didn't get the 1st string in training camp, he didn't get the 1st string in preseason, he sat on the bench for 2 games

He did what most folks on this board have been begging for. He threw the ball downfield. He took risks. He moved the chains. He showed balls and heart.

We had 347 yards total offense, for the record that's close to what we had for the first 2 games added together.

I'll take it.

It's a team sport. If the Bills had a D worth the powder to blow 'em to hell, the picks wouldn't have mattered.

Ill take it too...i was impressed with our offense today...the play calling was awesome and a few breaks go our way today and people are questioning if the pats* are in trouble

This is Boomer. . .Mr. I sucked on the Bungles and the Jets.

Screw him.

He was also "Mr. I took my team to the Super Bowl and almost won" and "Mr. I was NFL MVP" Don't take it personally, the whole country thinks what Boomer said. They will keep thinking that until we start winning on the field, and they should.

It's mind boggling to me that so-called Bills fans would be trashing Fitz right now. For two weeks the offense specialized in 3 and out. A first down was a moment for celebration. Fitz comes in, moves the ball consistently on damn near every drive, and a handful of "fans" are trashing him because the offense only put up 23 points. Pathetic.

Plus 1. This team was finally fun to watch again and actually looked like an NFL team today. A big step up even if it was a loss. I was really getting sick to death watching this O move in fits and starts, usually in what felt like a herky-jerky kind of movement, ultimately ending in moving backwards.....

Absolute crap. The guy maybe can't hit the broad side of the barn but he has guts and brains. Hopefully he is around as a back-up for years to come. Reminds me of Frank Reich. They were at least entertaining and I was not in my typical zombie state while watching them. We are going to lose big and likely have another QB uder center next year but Fitzy can make this year entertaining. Go Fitz and Go Bills

I agree, I would much rather have a Trent Edwards that runs out of bounds on 4th down rather than throw downfield

Not me. I will take Fitz and as many interceptions as he wants to throw. Perhaps you misread my answer. I was merely answering the question. I know you dont mean it when you say you would rather have Trent run out on 4th down. Me either! In fact I would bet that single thing is what got him benched. Thankfully