New Jersey Giants Proudly Display Scott Norwood's SB XXV Jersey&#3

PearlHowardman

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/09/24/sports/football/24giants.html?_r=1&ref=sports

As if reading about the Green Bay Packers laughing at the Buffalo Bills during last week's game wasn't bad enough.

Weekly Friday morning conference call with the Albany office (I'm in Syracuse) and my co-worker Giants fans there snickered about a NY Times article regarding Scott Norwood's SB XXV jersey being displayed by the Giants. I thought they were just joking (being a/holes) around. They weren't.

Last paragraph.

"There is only one non-Giants player item in the hall of fame, but it might make fans as giddy as the photo of David Tyree’s catch against his helmet in Arizona: Buffalo kicker Scott Norwood’s jersey from Super Bowl XXV."

How the F did the Giants get a hold of Scott Norwood's jersey? And what is Bills ownership going to do about it?

As if reading about the Green Bay Packers laughing at the Buffalo Bills during last week's game wasn't bad enough.

Weekly Friday morning conference call with the Albany office (I'm in Syracuse) and my co-worker Giants fans there snickered about a NY Times article regarding Scott Norwood's SB XXV jersey being displayed by the Giants. I thought they were just joking (being a/holes) around. They weren't.

Last paragraph.

"There is only one non-Giants player item in the hall of fame, but it might make fans as giddy as the photo of David Tyree’s catch against his helmet in Arizona: Buffalo kicker Scott Norwood’s jersey from Super Bowl XXV."

How the F did the Giants get a hold of Scott Norwood's jersey? And what is Bills ownership going to do about it?

Yeah, that's bull ****. They sould display Kelly's.

Last paragraph.

Fire Chan Gailey

This not just a Buffalo Bills jersey. It belonged to Scott Norwood. Not a replica. Norwood's actual jersey.

There was a thread about this issue (not specifically the NY Times article) awhile back. I though it was in poor taste, but to be honest... it is one of the iconic moments in sports history, not just the Giants' personal story. I can't bring myself to get worked up about this now that I've had time to consider it. Whether or not they display the jersey, even the actual jersey, Jints fans and Bills fans alike will look at that game the same way, regardless. Displaying the jersey doesn't change the events of the game or opinions about it. So whatever.

I couldn't imagine hanging David Treadwell's Broncos jersey in a Bills history display case at the Ralph detailing the run to 4 AFC Championships. If it floats their boat let them have it.

It's 20 years ago. It's over. Who cares what the Giants do? What aggravates me even more is that Norwood will sign autographs with "Wide Right" inscribed for an extra $5. Number one, who would even want his autograph and number two, who would pay actual money for it? Man, those were the days though. Starting in 1988 and going through 1993, even throughout the rest of the 90's. Glory days indeed and I consider myself lucky to have been 16 in 1988 and growing up through those years and Bills seasons, to have had season tickets and even going to a Super Bowl. What absolute and total fun. Those days every game was a big party and the Bills kicked the daylights out of some teams and there were some very exciting games as well. One kick and we would have had one. Kinda sad that it has turned into what it is now.

It's 20 years ago. It's over. Who cares what the Giants do? What aggravates me even more is that Norwood will sign autographs with "Wide Right" inscribed for an extra $5. Number one, who would even want his autograph and number two, who would pay actual money for it? Man, those were the days though. Starting in 1988 and going through 1993, even throughout the rest of the 90's. Glory days indeed and I consider myself lucky to have been 16 in 1988 and growing up through those years and Bills seasons, to have had season tickets and even going to a Super Bowl. What absolute and total fun. Those days every game was a big party and the Bills kicked the daylights out of some teams and there were some very exciting games as well. One kick and we would have had one. Kinda sad that it has turned into what it is now.

Don't forget to include 1987. I know their record ended up 7-8 but that was the year you could see it starting to come together and that they were on the cusp of becoming a really good team. At season's end the rest of the league knew it too. I enjoy that year almost as much as the rest.

Last paragraph.

To be truthful, I think this is one where the laugh is really on the Giants and their fans.

I mean, what does putting Scott Norwood's jersey up with their HOF say, really?

To me, it's really a Dis on their own players. It says their players weren't good enough to really put it away and win it.

It says they lost by a "wide right" fluke and but for that fluke, they'd be losers.

If the Giants want to acknowledge that right up front and center, Let 'em.

To be truthful, I think this is one where the laugh is really on the Giants and their fans.

I mean, what does putting Scott Norwood's jersey up with their HOF say, really?

To me, it's really a Dis on their own players. It says their players weren't good enough to really put it away and win it.

It says they lost by a "wide right" fluke and but for that fluke, they'd be losers.

If the Giants want to acknowledge that right up front and center, Let 'em.

Agreed! The Giants are giving the Bills more credit than they earned on the field.

It is a testament to our "in your face" society. It is only getting worse.

The NFL fines players (in a contact sport no less) for socks that are pulled down, but allows something like this to crescendo into a topic. For this to be a topic only showcases what a scumbag Roger Goodell is. You're not local enough buddy. This antic is ultimately unacceptable in professional sports and yearns for consequences on multiple levels.

Goodell should be fired without further compensation. He should not be a candidate for witness protection. The Giants ownership should be beheaded. Letting pawns get away with this type of behavior without being physically accosted is unacceptable on our parts (as Bills fans). That jersey didn't hang itself. Those who deserve to be physically punished and handicapped for the rest of their life include: the person who came up with the idea of hanging the jersey, the management personnel who verified the idea, the person and/or crew that agreed to hang it, and anyone who laughed at it being cool. People who perform these types of tasteless maneuvers are not deserving of knee caps, nor 4 limbs, or a sex organ.

Wouldn't it be nice for a leak to come out in the near future that the Giants implemented the 'cheating' cameras prior to SB XXV, and for the post Goodell Commissioner to strip the NJ Giants of the Championship.