David Buehler

MattyT

Is there a good explanation for why one of the world's richest franchises, propped up in preseason to be prime Super Bowl contenders, are dicking-around with a kicker that seems to be still in the process of learning how to kick? Seriously?

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/09/david-buehlers-rough-practice.html

lolBoys

Is there a good explanation for why one of the world's richest franchises, propped up in preseason to be prime Super Bowl contenders, are dicking-around with a kicker that seems to be still in the process of learning how to kick? Seriously?

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archives/2010/09/david-buehlers-rough-practice.html

lolBoys

Quite odd how nonchalant Wade is with the ineptness of his kicker. Pretty black and white to me, if the guy misses all them in practice and blows it in games then maybe you need to find someone else.

I was always under the impression that reliable kickers and punters are extremely hard to find. We all like to make fun of the kickers, but for the good ones to do what they do, on a regular basis, with all the variables that can go wrong, requires ice in the veins. The good ones also tend to stay around for a LONG time since they don't have the wear and tear regular players do, kind of like knuckleball pitchers.

I don't think teams like to dick around with rookie/inexperienced kickers unless they absolutely have to.

Quite odd how nonchalant Wade is with the ineptness of his kicker. Pretty black and white to me, if the guy misses all them in practice and blows it in games then maybe you need to find someone else.

Wade isn't the GM & he's the HC in title only.

Media here is assuming that Buehler will never again kick during the open portion of practice.

Edited by Beerball

Anyone who spends time dwelling on the Cowboy's kicking game is probably posting on the wrong team's Board.

Maybe next you'd like to discuss the Cardinal's punt return issues?

Where's that damn middle finger guy when I need him?