Lynch trade talk intensifies after Packers game

Everything I read says both are not happy, and unhppy players leave in free agency

Hmmm...wonder why Lynch is unhappy? All he's done is run, block, pass, catch, and play as hard as he can while embracing the team, the fans, and the area...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pSO-kdWLFes

...while all the fans have done is crap on the guy. Apparently Bills fans don't like or want any players that are both talented and entertaining.

Problem is Lynch is damaged goods with off season problems, HE IS A RISK and every teams knows this.

That's a bunch of BS. He has less baggage than Vincent Jackson or Braylon Edwards, but their value remains high. Guys like Lynch are difficult to come by in this league. I would honestly rather see Jackson get traded, but that's just me.

Wow this non news spills out more of the trade ml for picks talk, just terrible thinking.

It is so funny that Bills fans don't see the sense of keeping a good player.

He helps give us a better chance to win this year! Having a winning culture is much more important than a 1st round choice!!!!

AJ Hawk he is ok, even decent (although pretty invisible playing US last week) not as good as his draft status but the knock on him is he is an inside backer (and we need an outside backer more not more depth at inside in a couple of weeks) who isn't good at coverage.

ML and CJ and Fred are more than depth, we could run a 3 back set with them for one thing. We can use them as the feature back week to week. There is potential to do very good things with all three. That is not adding in the fact that we want to have a very good running attack here because our line is young and our QBs look like they are not good.

Spiller is a rookie, we don't know and we see flashes (in preseason) but he could be not so good or even bust still. FJ is 30ish, one of them could be hurt, hell we may want to resign ML at some point. I honestly don't understand what it means that "he is signed through 2012 but the last year is an option" (if anybody could clear that up). I know I couldn't expect that there is another player who it would be worth a tag or some way of keeping him through the contract if we need/want to.

Unless we can get very good almost star value out a team for a position of real need or a very good draft choice (which a 3rd is not and esply not if they bust) out of it. Making a trade for him makes no sense. Unless NO or SD want to give up a starting RT and a good pick (and both aren't stupid either).

If good backs are a dime a dozen as everyone thinks around here then let GB pick one of someones practice squad not us.

BTW I don't love ML since he really seems to not be happy here even tho we have put up with his thuggish ways but he can and is a good football player on a team that doesn't have many.

My last point would be that I don't like seeing our former players going on to great things for other teams and thinking 3 years later what if we still had them. They made the freaking probowl.

yup...Lynch is actually playing like an NFL starter even with a pansy offensive line. We should get rid of him before his attitude catches on.

I texted my dad during the game to the same effect. But, if this is all about the future and not the present of the team, it's probably worth it to exploit his value and fill a need. Whether that can be accomplished to the satisfaction of the Bills and another team is up for debate. I wouldn't trade him for a draft pick only, because they likely won't be realizing the returns on that for at least a year and a half. They need to bring more talent into the system, now.

So many people want to trade ML for a 4th round pick that nets you a.........Marcus Easley type player or Dereck Fine or Reggie Corner.

ML cap figure is very low, is signed thru 2013 and is only 24 yrs old and a former pro bowl RB and you want to give him away. For what?

You do not give away assets unless you are stupid. Get something that improves your team if you trade him....he showed this week he is a good player and has value.

He has made some very bonehead moves in his personal life.......but at the age of 22. That does not excuse what he did but makes you put it in perspective a bit more.

Who exactly from the Bills is talking about trading Lynch? Is there someone in GB's front office talking about a Lynch trade?

Where exactly is the trade talk intensifying? - On this site maybe now that someone posted the Buff News link?

I know, let's call the Buff News and have them put up a story about how the Buff News writers are lazy - and that talk about them being lazy is starting to intensify. Then we can talk about it here so the talk about them being lazy will really intensify. :rolleyes:

Again, if you are a rebuilding team with 2 good running backs who need the ball more as it is... would you trade a 3rd or 4th round pick for Marshawn Lynch? I think very very few people would think that was a good idea. If not, you should trade Lynch for a pick.

It's not that he isn't any good... it's that it's better to try and get 2 deep somewhere else than be 3 deep at RB... b/c it's a lot less likely we'll need a 3rd RB that a player somewhere else over next couple years.

The Bills don't need to trade for Andy Hawk. Who knows how good Hawk really is, now that he's been pushed out of the starting lineup as a former top 5 draft pick earning over 4 Mil. per season. They should trade for the Packers best back up tackle and a draft pick if they could even get that much, if they really want to trade Lynch to Green Bay.

AJ Hawk is a Starting ILB for The Packers in their Base Defense. They played 100% Nickel and Dime vs. the Eagles and Hawk did not start because he currently does not play in that package. He played a TON vs. the Bills and started just like he has vs. every Team since he was a Rookie when the Packers play their Base Defense...

Hawk was on the field for the Bills 1st Offensive Play from scrimmage...He's a Starter...His Coaches made it clear leading up to the Bills Game that he's still a Starter...The Eagles game was one Game and they had a special game plan for it...Of coarse it's much easier to regurgitate the same thing other uninformed message board drones write...But I figured with all the rumors last week most Bills Fans would be paying attention to the fact that Hawk Started and was on the Field a TON this past Sunday...

It's unlikely Hawk would be Traded without the Packers picking up some, if not a bulk of his remaining salary...Is AJ Hawk the player GB thought they were getting when they Drafted him at #5 overall? Probably not...Would AJ Hawk be the best LB on the Roster, including Poz, if he was Traded to the Bills tomorrow? Probably so...The Packers are not going to give up an O-Lineman worth anything, especially an OT...If the Bills get a Player back it's probably going to have to be a guy like Hawk who wants to play all 3 Downs and, like Lynch, is unhappy sharing time...The Bills need good Football Players...AJ Hawk is a good Football Player...I'm not saying the Bills should or should not do the deal...I'm just saying Bills Fans thumbing their noses at a Player like Hawk is laughable...We're not good enough to say we don't need Players like AJ Hawk...The Packers are good enough...The Bills...not so much... B-)

I think the main thing preventing this trade from happening is REALITY. There is no way in hell the Bills are going to trade Lynch and there is no way in hell the Packers would give up Hawk for Lynch or anyone else. If anything the Bills might be able to get a 3rd or 4th round draft pick for lynch at this point in his career. player for player trades almost never happen and the Packers looked pretty solid with the running backs that they have on the roster. OOO Lynch ran for 64 yards we need to give up our promising young LB for that. Give me a break it will NEVER happen.

Who exactly from the Bills is talking about trading Lynch? Is there someone in GB's front office talking about a Lynch trade?

Where exactly is the trade talk intensifying? - On this site maybe now that someone posted the Buff News link?

I know, let's call the Buff News and have them put up a story about how the Buff News writers are lazy - and that talk about them being lazy is starting to intensify. Then we can talk about it here so the talk about them being lazy will really intensify. :rolleyes:

I think the "trade talks" that are "intensifying" being referred to by Wilson are amongst fans and rumors circulating in the media, not necessarily between the two teams themselves. It's a misleading title to a fluffy article.

Hmmm...wonder why Lynch is unhappy? All he's done is run, block, pass, catch, and play as hard as he can while embracing the team, the fans, and the area...

youtube.com/watch?v=pSO-kdWLFes

...while all the fans have done is crap on the guy. Apparently Bills fans don't like or want any players that are both talented and entertaining.

You forgot to mention:

1. Run over people with his car then leave the seen.

2. Be arrested for weapon possession

The dude is ONE STRIKE away from being out of the league and I see nothing that shows me that it won't be the inevitable conclusion to his career.

I think the main thing preventing this trade from happening is REALITY. There is no way in hell the Bills are going to trade Lynch and there is no way in hell the Packers would give up Hawk for Lynch or anyone else. If anything the Bills might be able to get a 3rd or 4th round draft pick for lynch at this point in his career. player for player trades almost never happen and the Packers looked pretty solid with the running backs that they have on the roster. OOO Lynch ran for 64 yards we need to give up our promising young LB for that. Give me a break it will NEVER happen.

Lynch is better than Brandon Jackson i think... he certainly looked better sunday, what did BJ have... 2.9 yard average or something? against the Bills? not impressive.

meanwhile, Hawk plays only run downs and makes something like 10 million dollars over next 2 seasons. i doubt the Pack would be broken up about losing a part time LB that makes top dollar.

I would argue that close to 50% of players in the NFL have made similar mistakes to Lynch. Not saying the guy is a great role model. And practically speaking, it might be worth getting rid of someone who is one mistake away from a long suspension. But, in terms of knocking his character, give me a break. I'm not someone who thinks ANYONE should get away with offenses bc of their sports star status, but there are people on this board who want to paint him as some kind of gangster from the Wire. Get off your high horse.

That being said, I do believe Lynch should be traded, which I admit is contrary to my thoughts in the offseason. Reasons why?

-Having 3 starting caliber running backs on what could easily be the worst team in the league is pointless. Unless the offense gets going and the running backs can share 40+ snaps a game there is really no point in having Lynch/Spiller/Jackson ride the bench. In the offseason, I was oblivious to the fact that our offense would be even worse than last season. I had thought that Gailey would work the 3 RBs each as hybrid type backs and run formations with 2 RBs on the field during a lot of snaps. He hasn't done that. In large part because the offense can't stay on the field.

-With the chance of having no football next year, the Bills might as well maximize Lynch's trade value. One could argue that he will never have more trade value than he does now. Sure, RBs are a dime a dozen. But, the Packers are a team that is considered a front runner for the Superbowl. But, without an established RB, they won't get there, and I imagine the management knows this. A 3rd or 4th round pick (which would be paying a premium) might be worth the sacrifice for a 24 year old running back with a lot of potential.

-The Bills need to stockpile draft picks. The talent level on this team is embarrassingly low. Ask anyone around the league about the best way to fix that and stocking up on draft picks is one of the answers you'll get.

In a perfect world, I'd never want to see Lynch go. He is arguably one of the top 5 most talented players on the team. But, unless you can get the same return for Jackson (which is highly doubtful), why keep him?

Excellent post. I also think that's it worth noting that it's very difficult to score by relying on a running game. 10+ play drives are simply too difficult to sustain.

I don't see any new news here. Speculation and some analysis about why it makes sense. Also, no justification or support about said 'talks intensifying'.

Thats what i was thinking...and clearly that game we showed we want to use all 3 bc they have different skill sets...if anything after sunday i was more convinced Lynch isnt going anywhere

Lynch's trade value is damn close to zero right now. Why would you think otherwise? He has progressively had less production each season of his NFL career. He has had 2 run ins with the law and was suspended for 4 games. He's also not as young as he used to be. The Bills would not get anything that makes him worth trading.

Lynch's trade value is damn close to zero right now. Why would you think otherwise? He has progressively had less production each season of his NFL career. He has had 2 run ins with the law and was suspended for 4 games. He's also not as young as he used to be. The Bills would not get anything that makes him worth trading.

I wouldn't say his trade value is close to zero, or that he's had progressively less production each year (all 3 of them) - but if folks think that, GREAT, 'cause I guess that means we're stuck with the guy. :thumbsup:

But for the record -

2007 - 1299 yards total offense, 7 TDs

2008 - 1336 yards total offense, 9 TDs (Pro Bowl)

2009* - 629 yards total offense, 2 TDs

*missed 4 games due to suspension, as you mentioned, which resulted in losing starting RB job to Fred Jackson (yet rushed for 450 yards on 120 carries - which, if you stretched to the 280 carries in his rookie season, would possibly have been good for 1050 yards)

Hardly a 'progressively' lower production each year, IMHO.

As for his age, Lynch is 24, will turn 25 in April (prime for an NFL running back), and is signed thru 2012 at $1.14M/yr. If Nix even THINKS of trading this guy, someone needs to break into One Bills Drive and bust up Buddy's still!

Edit: correction - as Union pointed out, ML was only suspended for 3 games last season.

Edited by The Senator

This is just a terribly thought out post dude.

A) The Patriots got a 4th rounder for Maroney. Lynch is a better player talent-wise, w/ a pro bowl to prove it. Also, the Packers are in dire need of a running back and were planning on drafting Lynch back in 2007 if he fell to them. And at this point, there aren't any "sleepers" left lurking the practice squads. For the most part, the impact talent is on the 53 man roster. So his value is likely higher now than it was in the offseason, when teams could find RBs through the draft or waivers. There isn't much else out there.

B) His production has regressed or his carries have gone down? He's played 3 seasons in the NFL and has only been the starter one of those seasons (bc Jauron played Jackson way more than Lynch). In his only season as starter he made the pro bowl. And he's averaging about 4 yards a carry this year, behind the worst offensive line in the league. And with teams stacking the box. Imagine what he could do on a team that is a huge threat in the passing game.

C) I'm pretty sure he was suspended 3 games, not 4.

D)He's also 24 years old. Not as young as he used to be? What!?!

Not trying to knock you dude. Just saying, you gotta back up what you're saying with some reality.

Correction, he has been the starter for two seasons. Point being, its ridiculous to say he is old or his production has declined.