If Jauron was really a "moran"

BUT BUT BUT....ITS ALL TRENT EDWARDS FAULT....HE SUCKS ...AND HE IS A MORAN!

Several things are clear to me, one is that Chan Gailey thought he could come in and teach fundamentals and improve the team, what he didn't realize is that last years team was lacking in schemes and game planning

Guess what, the scheme-game plan-play calling haven't improved at all. This man stated in his post game PC that he called for several deep passes and can't understand why they didn't get thrown...that in itself shows me who the real "MORAN" is now

Jauron got his guys to play his Pop Warner Mighty Mite schemes to the best of their ability. They played hard and he had 4 years to bring in the players to suit his systems. That was his oft cited strength as a coach.

Unfortunately, that's not what it takes to be good NFL team, a team that can make the playoffs. Having underwhelming talent, guys that "feel the love" and "want to be here" and keeping the continuity can keep a mediocre team mediocre for a few years. But the remedial schemes, lack of in-game adjustments, etc. meant the team was always playing with one arm tied behind its back and the better teams could wipe the floor with the Bills virtually every time.

Hear, hear.

Now Nix and Gailey inherited this mess of under achieving under sized players, and the optimists immediately starting yelping how of all this will be turned around in one year, while the pessimists are screaming the FO did not do enough to turn it around in one year. Now both sides are complaining how the FO is not doing things the "right way" (a/k/a "they way they would do it").

Nix and Gailey have been as straight forward as they can be, have repeatedly stated (and still do) this process will take longer than a year. Imagine that. Getting rid of undersized players, and weeding out the ones who are happy with losing taking longer than a year, especially when it took 4 years to get here.

He was hampered by a lack of talent and poor FO moves

It's pretty much known that DJ had final say on all personnel from the minute he set foot at OBD...Levy made sure it was that way...There was not one single big move made that DJ did not endorse...

So... B-)

Richard H. Alfred E. Neumann Manual Jauron?

:D

I started thinking of firing my offensive coordinator... it took some time once I started thinking about it and then I still thought about it, and I went home and talked to my dog about it and then I had to act upon it, but then I re-considered and slept on it... and then had coffee the next day and started thinking about it some more... and things were put into motion and I arrived at the stadium and pondered in my office, and considered it, talked to Berchtold, he said think about it, so I thought about it and then figured I better act upon it... and then I scribbled some notes and frowned upon it but then a light bulb went on above my head and I decided we needed to act upon this and do it soon... and then I sent Langston Walker out the door.

:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

Jauron had a pretty good group of assistants. Cantavolos, Cross, & Sanders were retained by Gailey and using the preseason positions for Fewell (NYG) & Van Pelt (TB), those 2 plus April(Phil), Kugler (Pit), Studesville (Den) Brown(SF) & Tolbert (Car) all got comparable jobs with other teams. Matt Sheldon got a lesser job with Minnesota & Jauron is DB coach in Philadelphia. That's 12 guys still in the NFL. That staff was not as bad as the people who think Gailey & his staff was an instant upgrade guaranteed to produce more victories believed.

Fewell, who was coaching for his life did everything he thought possible to win. In the process, he decided that Fitzpatrick was his best QB to try to win games with. 1st he benched Edwards, then after Brohm played in Atlanta & some wanted Fewell to see more by starting Brohm against Indy, Fewell was more concerned with winning & went back to Fitz. Maybe Perry knew something that Gailey is just finding out-Fitzpatrick is the best QB of the group.

Let's see what Fitz does first before we anoint him "the best QB of the group."

Dick Jauron was an integral part of that Front Office!!!

If people only realized how much "power" Jauron had with personell decisions, including the draft. Modrack was given a back seat. His player rankings were ignored by Jauron especially in reguards to the first round of the draft...over & over. Modrack only stayed with the Bills because Ralph Wilson met with him in Florida and asked him too. Modrack could work from his home in Florida and not have to deal with Jauron on a dailey basis.

Jauron was a bad HC but IMHO I believe his very inept personell decisions, icluding the draft played a big part in his being canned.

Edited by LancasterSteve

NEWSFLASH:

Gailey is not a good coach, despite all the Kool Aid mixed up by Nix.

Gailey has never consistently won as a head coach to any extent that would make anyone jealous.

Gailey hasn't had success as an OC since the previous millennium.

PS

Gailey isn't going to turn us around either folks.

:wallbash:

What's a "moran", anyway?

It's like a "maroon" but a little bit redder.

For the record, the Bills had several losing streaks of three (and at least one of four) under Jauron. But by all means, everyone PANIC!!!!!!!

I am still willing to give Gailey a little more time, before claiming that he is no better than Dick Jauron. Sure, Jauron/Fewell got 6 wins out of this motley crew last year, but they only got 7 the year before, the year before that and the year before that. And, call me crazy, but I like this years defense better than what we saw the last few years.

All that said, if I knew that Perry Fewell wasn't married to that ridiculous tampa 2 defense, I would have preferred to make him the head coach, over the other realistic options. I liked the energy he brang to the team.

The Bills philosophy seems to be that you have to take a step backwards before you take another step backwards.

I love how this board forgets history every summer.

and as I warned Chan supporters early- I've heard this rant for a long time.

there's no way Phillips can be as bad as than that wimp Levi, there's no way Williams can be as bad as that as that dolt Phillips, there's no way Mularkey can be as bad as that weasel Williams, there's no way that Jauron can be as bad as that Basket case Mularkey, and finally, there's no way that Chan can be as bad as that Manikin Jauron- the only thing I wonder is what descriptive word we will use when dumping Chan.

That "choad Chan"?

The two teams Buffalo played so far seem to be well oiled at 2-0. Maybe they're the leagues best. The point is there's some sucky teams on the schedule Buffalo can hang with and win. Lindell games y'know.

Good point. This year's schedule looks to be a lot tougher than any schedule we saw in the Jauron era. Plus like people said, Jauron had players like Schobel and TO that Gailey doesn't have. Also, don't forget the games Byrd won for the team last year practically by himself. This year he hasn't done as much so far both because of his injury and because there haven't been very many errant passes for him to intercept.

Then how did he take essentially the same set of players and win 6-7 games a year? Scary thought. So far, I am unimpressed by Chan Gailey, and that's being kind.

It was also their 4th year in the same scheme under DJ, and had been drafting and signing FA players for that scheme for 4 years. There really was no more learning curve, and the personnel he had fit his particular defense and offense.

The Bills are rebuilding. This is what happens when you start with a team that has drafted poorly for 10 years and try to turn it around. It takes time.