Brian Brohm, state your case..

Brand J

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

From INACTIVE to starter. Only on this board does this make sense to someone. You know what, I'm not doing anything on Sunday. I'm 6'3 205 and I can throw the ball a mile. Maybe I can start too.

If QB is the problem and we have a better option, he will play.

Edited by JPS

Not even going to read this thread because there is literally not one logical reason to not start Brohm, or even Fitz, at this point. I mean, its pretty clear we are rebuilding, so keeping Trent out there, who is clearly NOT a starter in the NFL does absoulutely NOTHING to advance the development of this rebuilding process.

Trent has played his way out of his job, so lets give the one guy on our roster with any hope of upside/future a shot with our starters and see if he can spark the offense. There is no way he could actually be worse as Trent barely has 200 yards over 2 games, 1 TD, and 2 official INT's even though he threw 2 more against Mia that hit their DB's right in the hands and just flat out dropped saving Trents azz.

Makes way more sense to try and develop our player with upside then trot our this joke of a QB named Trent...

Simply put: Brohm can go deep.

When you're a running team it's important that you keep the D honest and 5 yard check downs don't do that.

Plus, when your specialty is 3 and out, you ought to go deep more often. The worst that can happen is you get picked and getting picked 40-50 yds deep is about the same as a punt, which you were going to do anyway.

Even if you think Brohm has potential, you don't want to see him start until about midseason because you want the offensive line to gel a little bit first (in the case of our o-line, "gelling" probably means going from awful to just bad). Otherwise, Brohm will get hurt or has no chance of success. Personally I don't have high hopes for Brohm so I don't care either way.

Edited by Ozymandius

There is absolutely no entertainment value in watching the Bills "play" football. They are currently led by a Dick Jauron clone and I'd like to have a reason to turn on Bills games moving forward. The year they went 3-13 (I believe it was 2003..?) I watched every game, because I was interested in seeing who would be a player in the future. I'd never imagine that 7 years later, I'd still be waiting for a competitive team. Here is why I am FOR starting Brian Brohm:

He may not currently be better than Edwards, though this is debatable, but he has something that Edwards lacks - the ability to improve. Edwards has over 30 career starts, while Brian Brohm has a single career start. One. If I am going to watch a team fail and fail miserably, I don't want to see the team being led by a 4th year, emotionless player, who looks worse than most rookies. Brian Brohm was a highly successful collegiate player, who has yet to transfer those skills to the NFL level. With extended playing time, he would sink or swim as a starter and we'd know for sure what we have in him. For those already chalking him up as a failure, allow him multiple starts to prove, or disprove himself, before being absolutely sure in your assertion. He seemed to make quick decisions in the preseason and also threw a nice football. I realize that our OL is a siege, but a quicker decision maker could do a lot to mask OL deficiencies. Edwards may be the slowest decision maker in the entire NFL. He is also the most reluctant QB to throw down the field and "throw open" his WRs. Give Brohm his shot, thereby giving me a reason to watch this team, this season.

Doubtful unless Fitz goes down and Chan has thrown Edwards completely under the bus.

There is absolutely no entertainment value in watching the Bills "play" football. They are currently led by a Dick Jauron clone and I'd like to have a reason to turn on Bills games moving forward. The year they went 3-13 (I believe it was 2003..?) I watched every game, because I was interested in seeing who would be a player in the future. I'd never imagine that 7 years later, I'd still be waiting for a competitive team. Here is why I am FOR starting Brian Brohm:

He may not currently be better than Edwards, though this is debatable, but he has something that Edwards lacks - the ability to improve. Edwards has over 30 career starts, while Brian Brohm has a single career start. One. If I am going to watch a team fail and fail miserably, I don't want to see the team being led by a 4th year, emotionless player, who looks worse than most rookies. Brian Brohm was a highly successful collegiate player, who has yet to transfer those skills to the NFL level. With extended playing time, he would sink or swim as a starter and we'd know for sure what we have in him. For those already chalking him up as a failure, allow him multiple starts to prove, or disprove himself, before being absolutely sure in your assertion. He seemed to make quick decisions in the preseason and also threw a nice football. I realize that our OL is a siege, but a quicker decision maker could do a lot to mask OL deficiencies. Edwards may be the slowest decision maker in the entire NFL. He is also the most reluctant QB to throw down the field and "throw open" his WRs. Give Brohm his shot, thereby giving me a reason to watch this team, this season.

[This is an automated response]

This thread is in direct violation of point 1 of the new board what you can and can't talk about policy. Please delete this thread before it is physically removed from the premises. Thank you for your cooperation.