IF Trent stinks it up today....

Frez

What if Trent Edwards plays like a stink bomb today? Will Gailey have the balls to bench him for another QB? I can visualize lots of pressure on Edwards today by the Packers D line. It's going to be interesting to see what and how Gailey will handle this.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What if Trent Edwards plays like a stink bomb today? Will Gailey have the balls to bench him for another QB? I can visualize lots of pressure on Edwards today by the Packers D line. It's going to be interesting to see what and how Gailey will handle this.

My opinion only, he'll be given at least 3 chances.

It will also depend on details hard for us fans to pick out from TV but well-known to the coaches --

Trent might still stink as far as the end result of yards and completions, but be seen as improving in reads and progressions and no almost-INTs.

I think Chan will give him more rope if that's seen as the case.

OK, here's a trivia question.

Has any team ever done something "outside the usual" to support a bad RT, like replace him with two TE or something?

(Not that we have two TE that block well enough to be equal to one RT)

I can't remember ever having seen something like this, but I ain't seen everything by a long chalk.

If Gailey does not replace him, it only means what he has on the bench is worse. I'll trust his judgment as his ass is on the line with that decision.

The Bills should CUT Trent Edwards.

The guy can't play- do we really need to see more?

This is also the last year of his contract- are the Bills actually going to sign him to a 3 or 4 year extension?

No.

So what's the point of wasting more time with a guy who can't play who won't be here next year.

Cut him and hand the keys to Brian Brohm.

Maybin, you're next.

The Packer D will quickly be so far up Trent's arse that Chan will not have an accurate means of figuring out whether it is Trent or the line. Trent may well be injured by the half and we will see Fitzy throw INTs all over the field.

If Trent stinks it up on film (not in the stat line which can reflect the team as a whole, and other things going on), it will be his second strike of the year, and we will be closer to seeing a QB change in week 4...but I can't imagine anything other than injury that would have him lost his starting job after a week 2 road game against a very tough opponent (by some measures maybe our toughest game of the year on paper).

No. He'll be sacrificed for one more game, and then we'll see Brohm in week 4, if Trent stinks it up today and next week.

Fitzpatrick is ahead of Brohm on the depth chart. Brohm sucks, give it up already.

The Bills should CUT Trent Edwards.

The guy can't play- do we really need to see more?

This is also the last year of his contract- are the Bills actually going to sign him to a 3 or 4 year extension?

No.

So what's the point of wasting more time with a guy who can't play who won't be here next year.

Cut him and hand the keys to Brian Brohm.

Maybin, you're next.

If they do anything, the Bills should cut Brohm & bring in someone who can actually start a game & get a touchdown. Brohm=no touhdowns. The guy has NEVER thrown a TD pass even though he's played against guys in exhibition games who are now directing traffic in the parking lot.

Edited by Albany,n.y.

If Trent has another game resembling last week, then I think there will be internal talk of a change, but ultimately they will give him until week 3 or 4 before they pull the hook on him.

Although, Chan strikes me as a no BS kind of guy, so it wouldnt surprise me to see Trent get yanked at half time if he passes for less than 50 yards again in the first, something he is very prone to do. Trent has frequently been atrocious in the vast majority of his games during the first half. Even in our 4-0 start the difference in his first half and 2nd half rating was something rediculous like 60 points better in the second half over those 4 games. He is a notriously terrible first half player. Sadly, he isnt consistently good in the 2nd half either, just even worse in the first half.

Fitzpatrick is ahead of Brohm on the depth chart. Brohm sucks, give it up already.

If they do anything, the Bills should cut Brohm & bring in someone who can actually start a game & get a touchdown. Brohm=no touhdowns. The guy has NEVER thrown a TD pass even though he's played against guys in exhibition games who are now directing traffic in the parking lot.

Brohm sucks?

Maybe, maybe not.

How enlightened to form your opinion on a "depth chart". Right, let's give Trent a few more years.

BTW, Brohm was also PLAYING with guys who are now directing traffic in the parking lot.

Here's what I do know... Edwards can't play and you know nothing about football.

Who are you, Dick Jauron?