Thurman for Paladino

TT's a great guy and all, but I had to stop following him on Twitter due to all of his political stuff. It was like listening to Sean Hannity.

Disclaimer: I don't care what his political affiliation is, it's just the constant barrage of it got quite old.

Admitting to making comments should make his candidacy even stronger. He's not trying to hide it like a nerd-looking democrap. Could he possibly have said anything on par with what the black panthaas blabb? I doubt it. If government would discontinue the oversympathetic (pathetic) care-taking of lazy people, perhaps they'd find some motivation in desperation and accomplish something on their own instead of expecting honest hard-working, family-supporting Americans to cover it? I owe lazy people nothing. Neither does Paladino. I'm poor. I don't ask or expect anything. This racism card is so overplayed... I tire. 52 pick-up is the only game left to play with that deck.

Good for Thurman.

Bottom line is that Paladino is an idiot who is just as entrenched in politics as the people he is railing against. His prison idea for the poor is the perfect example: "We can teach people hygiene." Are you serious? He may be a good business person, but that doesn't translate to politics. Ultimately, it doesn't do any service to Buffalo that he is from there.

Apart from some of the strange things retired sports stars start to think and do...

Mr Paladino and his like are are the reason for America and Americans being ridiculed as ignorant and uneducated around the world. And, um, well, as long as they elect ignorants - rightfully so.

Americans are being ridiculed by who? Europe? They are the last people on earth that should be ridiculing anyone.

If we are being ridiculed then it is because we have continued to elect the same Washington deadbeats for decades who have done nothing but drain our country into a state where we cannot even afford our own government anymore. That changes this November!

Bottom line is that Paladino is an idiot who is just as entrenched in politics as the people he is railing against. His prison idea for the poor is the perfect example: "We can teach people hygiene." Are you serious? He may be a good business person, but that doesn't translate to politics. Ultimately, it doesn't do any service to Buffalo that he is from there.

There's a discussion on Paladino on PPP. Suffice it to say his ideas for reforming welfare are laudable, despite the stupid "hygiene" comment.

Americans are being ridiculed by who? Europe? They are the last people on earth that should be ridiculing anyone.

If we are being ridiculed then it is because we have continued to elect the same Washington deadbeats for decades who have done nothing but drain our country into a state where we cannot even afford our own government anymore. That changes this November!

you're on it. what's the trade-off for avoiding the ridicule, btw? charlie rangle? alan hevesi? eliot spitzer? i think paladino is unelectable, and i think andrew cuomo ascends from prince to king of new york. more of the same is on the way---expand the infrastructure of government, more taxation, less benefit to working new yorkers, escalation of the class warfare rhetoric. paladino has some things to explain to potential voters and he'll be savaged by the media (in some cases rightly so for some stupid things done by a man who wants to be governor)---but he's 100% correct in stating that our infrastructure needs a baseball bat taken to it.

really? why?

Because they are broke and their economic model over the past 5 decades has failed. Their economy generally speaking has been the welfare state model, where their country has been mired with high taxation and very high structural unemployment during this whole time. Not it has come time to pay the piper, and it's the bond holders that are holding them accountable, Look at them now, they are changing their whole way of life and making major reforming changes, cutting down on their spending binges, meanwhile we are going the other direction. Not to mention that they don't ever pony up their fair share when it comes to the NATO, WORLD BANK or the IMF and whenever there is a tough decision to be made in the UNITED NATIONS they'd rather just hold a debate and not come up with any substantive decisions. That's why.

Edited by Magox

Because they are broke and their economic model over the past 5 decades has failed. Their economy generally speaking has been the welfare state model, where their country has been mired with high taxation and very high structural unemployment during this whole time. Not it has come time to pay the piper, and it's the bond holders that are holding them accountable, Look at them now, they are changing their whole way of life and making major reforming changes, cutting down on their spending binges, meanwhile we are going the other direction. Not to mention that they don't ever pony up their fair share when it comes to the NATO, WORLD BANK or the IMF and whenever there is a tough decision to be made in the UNITED NATIONS they'd rather just hold a debate and not come up with any substantive decisions. That's why.

Tell that to the Germans.

Admitting to making comments should make his candidacy even stronger. He's not trying to hide it like a nerd-looking democrap. Could he possibly have said anything on par with what the black panthaas blabb? I doubt it. If government would discontinue the oversympathetic (pathetic) care-taking of lazy people, perhaps they'd find some motivation in desperation and accomplish something on their own instead of expecting honest hard-working, family-supporting Americans to cover it? I owe lazy people nothing. Neither does Paladino. I'm poor. I don't ask or expect anything. This racism card is so overplayed... I tire. 52 pick-up is the only game left to play with that deck.

Good for Thurman.

Hey Einstein how many Black Panthers are running for the highest office in the great state of New York?

I take it you havent been to Europe, right?

Change in November? To whom or to what?

Tea Partiers?

Wow?

I loved what Thurman did on the field, and I could give a rat's a$$ about his political positions. He's as much of an authority on government as Paris Hilton or Simon Cowell. He was blessed with the opportunity for a very high-earning job via his physical talents and he went for it, and now he's apparently set. That's great for him. He earned his money on the field. But I don't think that gives him any grip on reality for Americans who don't have football skills.

I have to second whomever mentioned his Twitter feed being unbearable. He's welcome to share his positions, but as a Bills fan that's just not what I'm looking for from him. I suppose those in the choir feel differently and that's OK.

Nothing changes in November. You will elect the same garbage candidates from the party that began huge deficit spending with the great orator himself, Regan. George continued it, and Dubya set world records with it. Yet somehow this is all lost on the followers of the right. The party that gives aways the farm to the rich, without hesitation, and without any regard to the middle class. These are scary times when those hurt most by the GOP policies line up to vote for him. Simply amazing.