Are we the worst team in the NFL??

buffalo_bills

http://fanrankings.nfl.com/results/experts

I am shocked and angry. Not angry because of these experts, but because us loyal fans get nothing from this team. All 5 guys ranked us 32. ALL 5! This is the most embaressed i've ever felt as a bills fan. Are we really the WORST TEAM? Maybe the worst offense, but i dont think the worst team overall. I want this year to end already. I fell like a complete idiot following this team all offseason and having so much optimism. For what? I wake up on sunday mornings excited and pumped every single game, and i just end up watching bull**** for 3 hours. Its been like this for a very very long time. I am getting very imaptient and angry. I love this team to much guys. I just cant take it. I have to do some stuff on sunday, and i'll miss a good 3 quarters of football against green bay. I could say that this is the first time that im not upset about missing an early season bills game. There is just no more emotion. I have a few questions for all of you on TBD. First, how do you feel about this team, are you like me, or are some of you still optimistic. Also, how many of you think the Bills are the worst in the NFL, if so why, and if not, why not?

If we can show some promise against the pack, maybe ill cheer up a bit, but as of now, i feel ashamed to be a bills fan, let alone a loyal one.

I am shocked and angry. Not angry because of these experts, but because us loyal fans get nothing from this team. All 5 guys ranked us 32. ALL 5! This is the most embaressed i've ever felt as a bills fan. Are we really the WORST TEAM? Maybe the worst offense, but i dont think the worst team overall. I want this year to end already. I fell like a complete idiot following this team all offseason and having so much optimism. For what? I wake up on sunday mornings excited and pumped every single game, and i just end up watching bull**** for 3 hours. Its been like this for a very very long time. I am getting very imaptient and angry. I love this team to much guys. I just cant take it. I have to do some stuff on sunday, and i'll miss a good 3 quarters of football against green bay. I could say that this is the first time that im not upset about missing an early season bills game. There is just no more emotion. I have a few questions for all of you on TBD. First, how do you feel about this team, are you like me, or are some of you still optimistic. Also, how many of you think the Bills are the worst in the NFL, if so why, and if not, why not?

If we can show some promise against the pack, maybe ill cheer up a bit, but as of now, i feel ashamed to be a bills fan, let alone a loyal one.

NO, were not because you cant base a season on one freaking game. Chan hasnt coached a game in years dont you think he will be rusty. I bet after the piss poor performance he had game planning the game last week he will turn it around in week 2. I still think the pack will win, but i think the offense will generate more yards and points. 24-17 packs.

no. but pretty close. we are 31 in my eyes.

Edited by Clippers of Nfl

I want this year to end already.

I understand the frustration, I too was disappointed last Sunday that we didn't win (or even look

capable as an offense---except on 1 drive), I'm sick of losing too, but this is where you lost me...

1. We are not the worst team in the league (Did you see the Jets game <cough> Superbowl contenders?..I'm not

saying the Jets are the worst team or worse than us, but they looked pretty pathetic on offense as well).

2. Everything is new, have some patience for it to come together. It was game one, with new coaches,

new schemes, Chan's still trying to figure out who does what well, our LT still working his way back, it was C.J.'s first

real game, action, we're a young team learning on the fly, etc.

3. This season isn't about a Superbowl run, it's about progression and development. I'll still be expecting and

rooting to win each week and be hoping to make the playoffs...but we all knew going in that playoffs were unlikely, and

yet, you never know if some magic can happen (look at the Jets last year).

4. I'll be expecting to see improvement each week. If by midseason they still look as anemic on O, then we'll

have just cause to call for some heads. But don't let the past be your guide, let's see how it plays out.

Can't we at least give the new guys more than one game before we're ready to run them out of town?

5. Did you see how many offenses struggled out of the gates in week one...a player recently said "Defense is

easier, see ball, get ball". Most offenses take a couple of games to get rolling (not to say we'll be rolling, but

one can hope)

Am I still worried about our OL, QB, LBs, pass rush like the pessimists (or realists depending on your perspective)?

Sure, but I still feel like this team is heading in the right direction and will get better as the season progresses.

You're a Bills fan, toughen up, we've been through worse (a lot worse) and I do believe there is some light at the end of the tunnel,

it's just a long tunnel that is going to take us a little while to pass through. If we end up with less than 6 wins this year, or are one

of the 3 or 4 worst teams, I'll be right here to eat some crow, but I still don't think that's gonna happen.

Let's at least see what happens against the Pack this week, before we give up on the season, players, coaches, huh?

I don't see us as the worst team. If you base it on results on the field this season, surely the Raidahs and 49ers and Carolina have to be worse.

I went to the game, and you know what, I had a great time. We were in that thing with a chance to win up until the last play! The defense was very good. Only giving up 13 points? That's good. Way better than I expected. Kicking teams were solid too. I'm thinking maybe Coach Gailey can figure out some things to make our offense better.

It's only one game. 15 other teams lost Sunday too.

Don't abandon ship yet.

I think the reason we are rated so low in these things is primarily due to our QB situation. As they always say "it's a QB driven league" which is trued to a point. So when you have Trent Edwards starting at QB for going on the fourth year after his miserable performance last year, you get ranked really low. Not all Trent's fault, but a big part of it IMHO.

Edited by reddogblitz

At this point, I would have to say, Yes, we are the worst team in the NFL, realistically looking at it. Do I like to admit that, heck no, the truth hurts. I have read dozens of articles, rankings, etc. and the only team that any of them have at the bottom with us is Tampa and they are 1-0. Until this organization gets an owner, FO and coaching staff that has a clue, nothing will change.

We might not be 32nd. But we're bottom five or so, and what's the difference.

I am shocked and angry. Not angry because of these experts, but because us loyal fans get nothing from this team. All 5 guys ranked us 32. ALL 5! This is the most embaressed i've ever felt as a bills fan.

There are actually 8 guys on there, with 6 out of the 8 having us last and the other 2 second last.

If we aren't last, we are close to it this year. I didn't expect any differently going into the season, we basically have the same team as last year with new coaches. Hopefully next season and beyond we will be getting better.

The fan consensus has us 2nd last.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I fell like a complete idiot following this team all offseason and having so much optimism. For what? I wake up on sunday mornings excited and pumped every single game, and i just end up watching bull**** for 3 hours.

This is why rose-colored glasses and Kool-Aid should be avoided at all costs. Realism leaves you better prepared. Optimism is a great response to a good team. This is not a good team, and they never looked like they were during the offseason.

Hey we got one 31st vote!!!! Until we prove otherwise, we are the bottom feeders. I'm not at all worried because feel we are not the worst, but have to play much, much better to get out of the botom... Chan the Man has to open things up in order to get other teams from putting 10 guys in a box and a safety playing 15 yds back from the line. If we show the same outting as last week, we will be finished and a huge decision will have to be made in my opinion. One week was bad, but if we show the same two weeks in a row, then something will have to give.

i think we are tied for worst... with 15 other teams.

seriously, i lot of teams looked bad sunday. so objectively you have to give them all the same opportunity to show they're better than that, including the Bills.

Dallas essentially lost due to a backup O-lineman constantly unable to keep his hands to himself. it only takes a couple poor performances to bring down a team. let them make adjustments, and we can make better judgments after week 3.

Right now I see us around 25 or 26. We are certainly not the worst. Our D is pretty good and getting better and just waiting for our O to catch up which it may do around mid season. Other than Spiller (who survived injury and cuts unlike some of our draftees)we pretty much drafted D this year.