Where's the Fire?

bills in va

Where's the Fire Coach? You walked the sidelines like a Zombie. You had the deer in the headlights look more than once. Tony Sparano was across from you, in your home debut, yelling and firing up his players and bending their ear when they screwed up. You know who you remind me of, Dick Jauron. Same sideline demeanor, same pathetic news conference making excuses for losing, playing uninspired football. His offense looked like a Div III wannabee-shotgun-pistol,c'mon coach! Get fired up, get in somebody ear hole, cuss out an underpreformer, show me you care!

The most emotional I've seen Chan is when he yelled at his own fans for heckling poor Trent! He yells at teenagers heckling practice but turns zombie like in his home opener. I want to see that you care, kick Trent in the azz next time he throws a 3 yard pass on third and 15. Grab Cornhole Green by the face mask and head slap him good next time he's used like a turnstile. We fans are more passionate and animated then you. Next Sunday act like you gotta pair and get this team fired up!

Am I the only one who thinks grandpa needs a redbull?

Gailey, fairly or unfairly, must understand that this fan base will not accept losing any longer. Is it fair for Gailey to walk into this buzzsaw type of situation? Perhaps not, but he knew what he signed up for when he joined and so did Nix. The fans do not want to hear another loss explained away. The only thing -- the ONLY thing that fans are going to respond to right now is WINS. It's that simple. Put up or shut up is the fans' message to the organization.

Edited by ChasBB

You guys will always find SOMETHING to get upset about. Does Belicheck get emotion like that little puppet Soprano? I think BB is a dman good coach. I like coaches that are cool, calm and collected. Tony Dungy wasnt bad either.

Tom Landry and Joe Gibbs were not screamers either and they seemed to get the job done. Jerry Glanville had tons of rah rah going for him and it didin't seem to do much for him.

Sure I hate opening the season at home with a division loss, but it's hard to assess the coach on one game that was lost by less than a touchdown.

Tom Landry and Joe Gibbs were not screamers either and they seemed to get the job done. Jerry Glanville had tons of rah rah going for him and it didin't seem to do much for him.

Sure I hate opening the season at home with a division loss, but it's hard to assess the coach on one game that was lost by less than a touchdown.

Perfectly stated. :thumbsup:

Well said, Guff.

Youre a lot smarter than you look.

Chan deserves everythign he gets until he wins. He knew full well this team has no talent and he is not a very good coach, yet he took the job anyways, knowing the fans are going crazy for a winning season.

Better get on the game plan coach...

Yes it only one game, yes other coaches have remained calm-but they had winners! This team needs a kick in tha azz. Please dont you dare compare Gailey to Joe Gibbs and Tom landry..are you SERIOUS! Those coaches didnt need to fire their team up because the players took care of that, ala Jim Kelly. We have no Jim Kelly's, we need somebody to light a fire and if the players wont do it the coach has to.

You guys crack me up comparing Chan to Hall of Famers.

Yes it only one game, yes other coaches have remained calm-but they had winners! This team needs a kick in tha azz. Please dont you dare compare Gailey to Joe Gibbs and Tom landry..are you SERIOUS! Those coaches didnt need to fire their team up because the players took care of that, ala Jim Kelly. We have no Jim Kelly's, we need somebody to light a fire and if the players wont do it the coach has to.

I don't think it was a comparison in ability as much as it was an example of calm demeanor coaches who have been successful.

Gibbs' first year, he was 8 - 8. And looking at his roster, he didn't have a great team at all.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/was/1981_roster.htm

And yet, he still remained calm.

Tom Landry went 0 - 11 - 1 in his first year, 4 - 9 - 1 in his second year and 5 - 8 - 1 in his third. And yet he remained calm. Those guys you refer to weren't calm because they had players who took care of that. They were calm because they were calm. It's that simple.

And he's not comparing Gailey to those guys as if they were coaching at the same level. YOU are the one who did that. He was comparing their dispositions only. And he successfully proved that you don't need a screamer to be great.