Locker room privacy ??

papazoid

show me a link to a direct quote from her stating there is/was a problem with the Jets/NFL that needs to be fixed. What you posted is someone else's opinion of the situation.

a situation, i remind you, that was FABRICATED by the media you are quoting.

No, you show me the link where she refutes what was stated about her position in the NBC report.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you show me the link where she refutes what was stated about her position in the NBC report.

IVE ALREADY POSTED IT!! watch the videos, these are her direct statements on her position. she shouldnt have to go around and refute every report that was made up about it. take her word for it, directly from her and a reporter she spoke to.

Edited by DrDankenstein

No matter how you try to clean it up through follow up your first statement was a clear generalization and slam. It was neither debate nor was it in any way constructive in tone. BTW -I am in no way angry.

No doubt it is ok in an internet forum to question, debate, criticise or comment about what reporters write. Your first comment - especially in connection with other posts that you made was a condemnation of reporters and their work. Why not admit that instead of rationalizing that it was something else?

It was not a slam. It was a simple question--where is the reader's evidence that such stories are the result of the scene described in the incident we are currently discussing? I enjoy reading many different sport reporters/writers. Are you telling me I don't enjoy that--that I "hate" (to use a word abused by many) them? Many in the media, particularly sports writers, tend to follow the herd and reproduce the same angle on the same story (look at the predictions for the Bills this year!). I have no problem pointing this out, sorry. jw says he gets a lot of info in the locker room, after the TV press leaves, despite what he then describes as having very little time and a tight schedule. Fine.

This debate is currently happening all over the country--many are saying the same things I am. Specifically, justifiying the press presence in the locker room during ANY changing/privacy versus the value to the public of what is produced by the press as a result of this privacy compromise.

This IS the debate. I have stated it as so. And what vocation is or should be immune to criticism? Reading TSW, certainly one can conclude the press is NOT held in the regard you imagine---unless they are laudatory of the Bills, of course. Everyone comes to a debate with a point of view and argues based on those beliefs. That's how it works. I can be convinced that you or jw are right in this issue, but I have yet to see the evidence that these brief, crowded cattle calls in the locker room produce anything new or interesting.

let me try to explain a few things here because of this near-puritanical fear of nudity.

1) there are off-limits areas where players can get changed.

2) some players, very few, elect to get changed in front of reporters. also, i don't ever recall interviewing a player before they had some clothes on.

3) travel schedules are so tight that it becomes very difficult to get proper access to visiting team's players already, as they are rushing out the door to get to the bus.

4) the Bills players lounge is down the hall from the locker room. the trainer's room is in a different room, and completely walled off from the locker room. the equipment room can be seen from the locker room, but serves as a getaway place for some players who don't want to speak to reporters.

5) due to most building configurations, it would be next to impossible to establish yet another room where players can be made available.

6) anyone who's essentially done this job for as long as i have is generally immune to nudity. and waht's the big deal, really. i'd hope the strangeness of that wore off for most of you in 9th grade gym class.

7) anyone who is in the locker room to see nudity is generally weeded out and has their credentials revoked. it's doesn't do any good to have someone in the business do this. that said, i've known of only one occassion of that ever happening.

8) and Mr. WEO, even after acknowledging that i might be right on a thing or to, you continue to bang your silly one-note drum of "happiness." how is it that you seem to act like you know so much about something you are so unfamiliar with.

jw

Really? Do they ask this on the credentials application? You know what's in the hearts and minds of your male and female colleagues? Also, the nudity in discussion, the "big deal" you aren't acknowledging, is that of the opposite sex. Most of us were not privy to the ladies' locker room in 9th grade.

Here's what all this leads me to cocnlude: if the teams or the League tomorrow decided to declare ALL changing areas off limits to the press at all times, the same stories would get written. The sports reading public would be none the wiser, nor the worse off.

IVE ALREADY POSTED IT!! watch the videos, these are her direct statements on her position. she shouldnt have to go around and refute every report that was made up about it. take her word for it, directly from her and a reporter she spoke to.

Exactly, she's full of crap, playing dumb and leaving it to the NFL to decide rather than amending her ways and defending the players.

"Uncomfortable, yes," she said. "Because I'm very, in a conservative way. So I really don't like to be in a locker room for underdressed men. For me, it's difficult to be in the locker room, but it's part of our profession."

Right, that's why she dresses like this around naked athletes?

http://urbansportstalk.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/ines-sainz3.jpg

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

Exactly, she's full of crap, playing dumb and leaving it to the NFL to decide rather than amending her ways and defending the players.

"Uncomfortable, yes," she said. "Because I'm very, in a conservative way. So I really don't like to be in a locker room for underdressed men. For me, it's difficult to be in the locker room, but it's part of our profession."

Right, that's why she dresses like this around naked athletes?

http://urbansportstalk.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/ines-sainz3.jpg

ok, youre just going to believe what you WANT to believe because you are judging her by how she looks and dresses and have already made up your mind because the FALSE reports MADE UP to GET RATINGS pander to your level of thinking.

congrats.

Hmmmmmm...

I wish there was something important to discuss these days. Regarding this thread, who cares?

1. These female sports reporters would go into the showers with these guys if it wouldn't short out their electronic equipment.

2. They do not do it to be sexually aroused. They do it for money.

3. The football players are not there because they are shy. They are there for the money.

4. America is still a country of puritans. In most European countries no one would think it was a big deal.

So give it a rest. It's no big thing.

Hmmmmmm...

I wish there was something important to discuss these days. Regarding this thread, who cares?

1. These female sports reporters would go into the showers with these guys if it wouldn't short out their electronic equipment.

2. They do not do it to be sexually aroused. They do it for money.3. The football players are not there because they are shy. They are there for the money.

4. America is still a country of puritans. In most European countries no one would think it was a big deal.

So give it a rest. It's no big thing.

Not according to Skip Bayless and female reporter Dana Jacobseon. Both of whom have been in several locker room situations. Both of whom concede some of the reporters are there to check out the players.

Here's what all this leads me to cocnlude: if the teams or the League tomorrow decided to declare ALL changing areas off limits to the press at all times, the same stories would get written. The sports reading public would be none the wiser, nor the worse off.

except for you, who would be able to continue to have it both ways. complaining that no one in our business knows how to do their job, and making it more difficult for us to our job. how very convenient Mr. Happy. you certainly have a way of pretzeling logic based on your posts in this thread and the past.

i thought i considered myself a true contrarian. i don't hold a lick to you, who has failed to generally agree with anything i've ever posted. and even when you concede that you might be wrong, you persist in proceeding with the argument in which you've acknowledged to be well mistaken.

boy, i want to live in your world. actually, on second though ... strike that.

jw

i can't believe folks who say she deserved that treatment because she was wearing a pair of "tight" jeans....that mentality is just plain wrong.

i bet half the guys posting in this forum have tight jeans.

Treatment? A hot chick getting hit on. You're surprised?

here we go....

Lance Briggs says women shouldn't be in locker rooms:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/16/lance-briggs-says-women-shouldnt-be-in-locker-rooms/

in my workplace, ive never had a scantilly dressed woman interview me while i was getting dressed

are you complaining ?....lol...check with your human resource dept....they will know what to do.

She said she wants the league to deal with it. She's endorsing the notion the players were wrong and locker room behavior needs to be addressed. YET she's the one baiting them with her provocative outfits and flirtatious manner. I don't care what the rule says, like any law they can't cover every scenario. And this is a clear example of someone taking advantage of them. Why should we have our football compromised because of her?

How many times does it need to be restated that she was not in the locker room?

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/ann_killion/09/14/reporters/index.html

As for the woman reporter in question. Apparently she is married, has 3 kids, holds a master's degree in business and studied law, and has a black belt in Tae-Kwon-do.

Oh, I am really scared now!

here we go....

Lance Briggs says women shouldn't be in locker rooms:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/09/16/lance-briggs-says-women-shouldnt-be-in-locker-rooms/

are you complaining ?....lol...check with your human resource dept....they will know what to do.

No,please don't involve them, unless you want sensitivity classes shoved up your nostrils for eternity.

I know it's all in good fun Stl and I know you're a good guy, but I feel obligated to point out that women's basketball players at large are tired of the pot shots.

I'm an announcer for the sport at Cornell, so some of my closest friends are lady ballers and I speak for all of them when I say that they're sick and tired of the "Oh, they're all just ugly dykes" mentality.

I'll also add that many of them are WAY more attractive out of the context of the game, many of them are actually quite pretty. They just don't have the benefit of appealing outfits like tennis/golf/track/volleyball/field hockey girls do.

PPPPPPlease, ok, there might be an exception or two to the rule, but you have to be joking about this. Other wise

you need bifocals.

Edited by Cookiemonster