Mark My Words: Brunell Will Replace Sanchez

truth on hold

FALSE

Edwards' worst season still had him at a >70 rating.

Sanchez was an amzazingly bad 63.0 last season. He really truly sucks.

The Jets would be better off with Brunell OR Kellen Clemens for that matter.

Sanchez will out of the league in four years - bank on it. He's worse than his predecessor at USC, Leinart.

You need both. But Sanchez' failure even with a good line shows you how incredibly bad he is.

Sanchez is the only QB in NFL history to win 2 playoff games in his rookie year.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I will bet serious money that a healthy Sanchez is not pulled for Mark Brunell. This is a ridiculous statement. Mark Brunell shouldn't even be in the NFL anymore.

Gotta agree with Leonidas here. Brunell's so old, he should be posting in the oldest guy thread over on OTW.

He is there to show Sanchez the ropes. That's money well spent if Sanchez develops nicely. He definitely wasn't brought in to compete with Sanchez.

They have Schottenheimer who thinks he's a genius (he's not) and QB coach. They don't need Brunell to coach Sanchez. He's there as an experienced alternative.

Brunell is listed as #2 on the depth chart. If he were there only to school Sanchez, he'd be #3.

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

They have Schottenheimer who thinks he's a genius (he's not) and QB coach. They don't need Brunell to coach Sanchez. He's there as an experienced alternative.

Brunell is listed as #2 on the depth chart. If he were there only to school Sanchez, he'd be #3.

Schottenjammer didn't play QB in the NFL. He's a coach's son, not a guy that's gonna relate to a player "as a player" (more like a guy that has always made players uncomfortable because he is the coach's son). What I gather from interviews with Sanchez, is that he is both a mediator between Sanchez and the coaches, and a guy there to provide an example of the kind of dedication it takes to become successful as a QB and a leader in the NFL.

Anyway, I couldn't give a ratsazz about why Brunell is there. I don't think you have any more insight into the situation than I do. Believe what you like.

Edited by ThrowIt

In his rookie season playing 1 less game than Sanchez, Edwards had:

- 22.4 point higher QB rating (85.4 to 63)

- 1 less TD (11 to 12)

- 10 fewer INTs (10 to 20)

- 11.7 higher completion percentage (65.5 to 53.8)

People don't realize just how bad Sanchez is.

What QB had these stats?

60.3 completion percentage

92.7 QB rating

7.9 YPA

4 TDs and 2 INTs?

What QB had these stats?

60.3 completion percentage

92.7 QB rating

7.9 YPA

4 TDs and 2 INTs?

Answer: Mark Sanchez in the playoffs.

Sanchez improved a great deal as the year passed. Has he regressed? Or was it just a bad game? No way to know. All you're doing is guessing till we see as the season proceeds. But I doubt they replace Sanchez, knowing how much he improved late in the year and knowing that the only way this team gets and stays good in the long term is if they stick with Sanchez and he proves to be a franchise QB. And that often takes quite a bit of time. See Eli Manning.

This is the downside of the Jets rebuild style, which was to first develop the whole team, including a very good OL, and then pick up a franchise QB. QBs almost always take two to four years to attain mastery of NFL football.

Answer: Mark Sanchez in the playoffs.

Sanchez improved a great deal as the year passed. Has he regressed? Or was it just a bad game? No way to know. All you're doing is guessing till we see as the season proceeds. But I doubt they replace Sanchez, knowing how much he improved late in the year and knowing that the only way this team gets and stays good in the long term is if they stick with Sanchez and he proves to be a franchise QB. And that often takes quite a bit of time. See Eli Manning.

This is the downside of the Jets rebuild style, which was to first develop the whole team, including a very good OL, and then pick up a franchise QB. QBs almost always take two to four years to attain mastery of NFL football.

Exactly. You waste some good seasons waiting for the QB to get it together. Thats why you get the QB as soon as possible.

Schottenjammer didn't play QB in the NFL. He's a coach's son, not a guy that's gonna relate to a player "as a player" (more like a guy that has always made players uncomfortable because he is the coach's son). What I gather from interviews with Sanchez, is that he is both a mediator between Sanchez and the coaches, and a guy there to provide an example of the kind of dedication it takes to become successful as a QB and a leader in the NFL.

Anyway, I couldn't give a ratsazz about why Brunell is there. I don't think you have any more insight into the situation than I do. Believe what you like.

Brunell was a fine QB back in his days in Jacksonville. Smart, disciplined, accurate. He's a veteran backup mentoring the young upstart. Sanchez is fortunate to have a guy of his caliber teaching him the ropes.

This post is ridiculous. We should be worrying about our own QB situation, there is plenty there to keep us busy.

Exactly. You waste some good seasons waiting for the QB to get it together. Thats why you get the QB as soon as possible.

Bingo. Unfortunately, Nix seems to have a problem with this line of thinking

National media is setting the groundwork to yank Sanchez.

Chris Carter on ESPN just said of the Jets " ... I see a team on the verge of greatness, but the QB is choking the life out of them."

Followed by a panel discussion titled "Will Mark Sanchez hold the Jets back?"

Edited by Joe_the_6_pack

but 10 for 21, 74 yards and a passer rating of 56.4 should?

At least 5 drops and a 40 yarder to keller called back. My opinion, there's NO WAY they replace Sanchez.

#1 - He's the franchise and they've invested alot in him

#2 - He has all the tools that Brunell doesn't

#3 - Most importantly, I don't see Rex Ryan EVER admitting the mistake of playing him right away.

So I say he'll play 90% of the snaps this year, unless he gets injured.

• 3 weeks later...

Consider this is supposed to be the year Jets win it all, according to them. As the Jets defense plays well and its identified that their offense, in particular Sanchez, is holding them back, I could definitely see NY fans and media calling for sanchez to get the hook.

Brunell is known as a competent game manager which is what the defensive minded Jets want. I have a hunch they got him as a safety valve for Sanchez because Clements doesn't give them the same option.

NY fans and media can turn sour on a player faster than any other place in the country. I'm calling this one now, Jets nation won't sit back and let Sanchez keep them from what they perceive as their year to win the Super Bowl.

Great call on this one sir!!!!

Brunell did replace Sanchez after he was finished blowing out the Bills on Sunday!!

Congrats on a correct prediction!! :devil:

Great call on this one sir!!!!

Brunell did replace Sanchez after he was finished blowing out the Bills on Sunday!!

Congrats on a correct prediction!! :devil:

Wow...you dug this up, and didn't have a take in the original argument? You, really, did this to take a shot at a poster, when you didn't have a hair in your ass to have a take originally?

I didn't comment on this the first time around, because I had no idea how Sanchez was going to look.

Why didn't you bump the one where you predicted Sanchez would be doing as well as he is?

Douche move of the day.

Stay classy, sir!!!!!

Edited by Beebe's Kid

Douche move of the day.

Stay classy, sir!!!!!

Hey I wasn't trying to be a douche, I was just trying to be funny....I thought we needed a little humor on this board with the way things are going.

Although I didn't post in the thread, I definitely read it the first time around...how do you think I remembered it.

I would have done this right after the game on Sunday, but I was on vacation in Vegas and just got home yesterday and it just popped into my head to dig the thread up today for a laugh.

Sorry for getting your panties in a wad over a joke....

Wow...you dug this up, and didn't have a take in the original argument? You, really, did this to take a shot at a poster, when you didn't have a hair in your ass to have a take originally?

I didn't comment on this the first time around, because I had no idea how Sanchez was going to look.

Why didn't you bump the one where you predicted Sanchez would be doing as well as he is?

Douche move of the day.

Stay classy, sir!!!!!

You must be a lot of fun to hang out with.