Horrible Quote from Edwards!

buffalopdc

"There's going to be days like that when we don't get it going. We're three-and-out or we're shooting ourselves in the foot. That's going to happen, that's the NFL."

-Trent Edwards

Let me first say that I do not like the personal attacks on players as football is a team sport. Most comments about Edwards do not offer any constructive critizism and, in truth, show the level of immaturity of some of the posters. He is a tough, smart guy as are all guys that play at the level that he is playing. I am sure he devotes alot of time and effort into improving as most do in their jobs; however, this quote was unacceptable to me and it does not portray leadership which is most needed at the QB position. We need a "Field General" as a QB and the mentality that it is "hard to win in the NFL" is not going to cut it. The comment show a total lack of confidence in the team, the plan, and himself as a leader of the team. The C on his jersey means something and he needs to start showing it.

If an attorney gave you that type of comment after losing a court case you would want to ripp his head off, the same for a doctor, or any other professional.

See Sanchez's numbers from last night? About the same as Edwards but his comments were a little different. He may suffer from the same "check-down" fever but he appears to have more leadership potential. I really think he problem is his coach.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"There's going to be days like that when we don't get it going. We're three-and-out or we're shooting ourselves in the foot. That's going to happen, that's the NFL."

-Trent Edwards

See Sanchez's numbers from last night? About the same as Edwards but his comments were a little different. He may suffer from the same "check-down" fever but he appears to have more leadership potential. I really think he problem is his coach.

What were Sanchez's comments? “We really took our turns making mistakes and there’s no excuse for that,” Sanchez said. “This is the ultimate team sport — we all have to [do] it right on every play for it to work.” More..."It just seemed like every time we had a good play on, something happened and we hurt ourselves,” Sanchez said.

Exactly how is that sooooo much different? :blink:

-Trent Edwards

Let me first say that I do not like the personal attacks on players as football is a team sport. Most comments about Edwards do not offer any constructive critizism and, in truth, show the level of immaturity of some of the posters. He is a tough, smart guy as are all guys that play at the level that he is playing. I am sure he devotes alot of time and effort into improving as most do in their jobs; however, this quote was unacceptable to me and it does not portray leadership which is most needed at the QB position. We need a "Field General" as a QB and the mentality that it is "hard to win in the NFL" is not going to cut it. The comment show a total lack of confidence in the team, the plan, and himself as a leader of the team. The C on his jersey means something and he needs to start showing it.

If an attorney gave you that type of comment after losing a court case you would want to ripp his head off, the same for a doctor, or any other professional.

Talk about being under a microscope.

What were Sanchez's comments? “We really took our turns making mistakes and there’s no excuse for that,” Sanchez said. “This is the ultimate team sport — we all have to [do] it right on every play for it to work.” More..."It just seemed like every time we had a good play on, something happened and we hurt ourselves,” Sanchez said.

Exactly how is that sooooo much different? :blink:

Funny you bring up Sanchez. He was getting ripped on Mike and Mike this morning for....wait for it...checking down too much and not taking chances down the field.

-Trent Edwards

I think it's just a case of PTJS (Post Trammatic Jauron Sindrom :blink: )

Funny you bring up Sanchez. He was getting ripped on Mike and Mike this morning for....wait for it...checking down too much and not taking chances down the field.

That is much different than saying there are going to be days ike this in the NFL and it is hard to win in the NFL. Sanchez comments are about getting it together as team, Edwards comments are not the same.

Edited by buffalopdc

Trent Edwards is detached from reality. From the quotes. Body language. 1,000 yard stare at press conferences.

It's a coping mechanism. Not what you want from your starting quarterback, but I digress. I'm exhausted with Trent Edwards.

Trent Edwards is detached from reality. From the quotes. Body language. 1,000 yard stare at press conferences.

It's a coping mechanism. Not what you want from your starting quarterback, but I digress. I'm exhausted with Trent Edwards.

so he has PTSD? That's a new one! :thumbsup:

I love how so many fans were spewing the "this guy is so smart since he went to stanford" garbage after having a few good games. The guy plays & talks like a DICK.

Come on really?? Of course he is smart because he graduated from Stanford with a BS in political Science. He may not be Steven Hawking, but if he can get a university degree from Stanford, he is smart enough or is studious enough to be an NFL QB.

I suppose there are some ECC dropouts who feel they too could have easily earned that same degree if they could throw a football…. *sigh* Sometimes the level of ignorance found here is astounding.

"We sucked. The offensive line isn't for shyt and I don't have to time to throw the freaking ball. They can't run block."

How about that for tellling it like it is?

That has nothing to do with being a leader. A leader says that and that we will get better. He did not do that. I agree, see my orignial post, that it is a team sport and the team played porrly, but the point of the post was he needs to step up and be a leader.