POZ

VA Bills Fan

Just realized he had 8 tackles and 1 sack in the 1st half alone. Is it a conditioning problem, freak coincidences, or is he simply too fragile for his job? What do we do? We obviously can't trade him with his injury issues, but when healthy he "could" be an elite LB in the NFL. Thoughts?

He's not "so" good. He's an above average LB that the fans have a love affair with because he's a blue collar kid from Penn State with a polish last name.

Poz is a liability in coverage, has average wheels, but works his ass off and plays hard. Like Trent, he's made of glass.

Just realized he had 8 tackles and 1 sack in the 1st half alone. Is it a conditioning problem, freak coincidences, or is he simply too fragile for his job? What do we do? We obviously can't trade him with his injury issues, but when healthy he "could" be an elite LB in the NFL. Thoughts?

If the organization thinks he is really good than we will keep him. Look at Sanders for the Colts. He was injured for 49 games and played in 48 but he is still there.

I feel if you can't stay on the field than get off the squad but it isn't about what we as fans think it comes down to value. Is he an elite LB? I don't think so but his stats yesterday were very impressive. He was never hurt at Penn State. I think it is freak coincidences but look for him to go on IR for this year and only cut him if we have someone better to replace him.

He's not "so" good. He's an above average LB

In the limited time he has played, he has proven to be an above average LB with potential to be much more, IMO. I wouldn't dismiss that as easily as you seem to want to do. He is already one of the more talented players on a team that needs talented players.

The injury thing is a B word, though. I'll give you that. What is his status now, anyway? I didn't see anything on the OBD home page.

In the limited time he has played, he has proven to be an above average LB with potential to be much more, IMO. I wouldn't dismiss that as easily as you seem to want to do. He is already one of the more talented players on a team that needs talented players.

The injury thing is a B word, though. I'll give you that. What is his status now, anyway? I didn't see anything on the OBD home page.

I think he's actually underrated because fans are so liable to trot out the blue-collar love affair argument.

OK, I just got my answer:

http://www.footballnewsnow.com/2010/severity-of-bills-lb-paul-poslusznys-knee-injury-unknown/

I think he's actually underrated because fans are so liable to trot out the blue-collar love affair argument.

Agreed. But many of these guys are the same ones that thought London Fletcher was no good.

Dean, you know I love ya, but I disagree. I'm not saying Poz is bad. He's not. He's an above average player. He makes one play a game that makes you go "wow, okay, he can play" and follows that up with several plays that make you shake your head. He misses too many tackles to be an elite MLB and he's not fast enough to be a top notch cover LB. He's good at a couple of things, great at nothing.

But so many fans think he's the second coming of Singletary just because he's from Linebacker U and has a polish last name. If he was a LB from USC or Texas, this board would have run him out of town by now.

Dean, you know I love ya, but I disagree. I'm not saying Poz is bad. He's not. He's an above average player. He makes one play a game that makes you go "wow, okay, he can play" and follows that up with several plays that make you shake your head. He misses too many tackles to be an elite MLB and he's not fast enough to be a top notch cover LB. He's good at a couple of things, great at nothing.

But so many fans think he's the second coming of Singletary just because he's from Linebacker U and has a polish last name. If he was a LB from USC or Texas, this board would have run him out of town by now.

This. I know the injuries haven't helped, but he's still far too inconsistent.

Paul is getting dangerously close to the Hardy-Mitchel Zone, where you are injured so much that you become a liability for rarely being on the field but taking up a valuable roster spot that could be used for somebody that stays on the field.

Poz's career reminds me of Roosevelt Colvin's career.

He cannot stay healthy causing other LB's to not get reps in practice. I say cut him now and cut our losses. He's not worth keeping to get 1 game per year out of him. He's been on IR more games than played and only average when in their. I've loved Penn State LB's since Shane Conlan but this guy is no Shane Conlan and can't stay on the field.

I don't think ANYONE thinks he is Singletary. I think the main criticism of him (other than his injury record, which is legit) is that he isn't Singletary. No, right now he isn't an elite LB, but he is very good. Very good is something that is a positive on this team, and we shouldn't dismiss "very good" because it isn't "great". I also think Poz will continue to get better.

I don't think he will ever be the best LB in the league. But I think he could play for most any team in the league, and start for a good number.

It's pretty awesome that in Buffalo, all you have to do is show flashes of competence and the fans instantly worship you.

Yeah and if youre a proven veteran looking for fair value in a FA deal or better yet a contract extension, youre a nervy no good washed up money grubbibng scumbag......let the rest of the leagure deal with ya!

He can pile up some stats when on the field, but IMO he is an average to good run defender and fair to poor is pass coverage. He makes up for it, by "working his a$$ off."

I believe that his injury problem is that he plays with reckless abandon, leaving himself vulnerable.

I so wanted this kid to be good but so far we havent seen it part to injury, part to having OL all over his ass. He does show signs of being a decent player however too many times he seems to be chasing the play or out of position than making that stellar play. Fletcher is still being productive in washington and has more impact over longer period of time.

He's not "so" good. He's an above average LB that the fans have a love affair with because he's a blue collar kid from Penn State with a polish last name.

Poz is a liability in coverage, has average wheels, but works his ass off and plays hard. Like Trent, he's made of glass.

as frustrated as i am with Poz and his injuries, i can not agree that he is "like trent". trent IS a fragile little baby.

i'm hoping Poz has the same issue that plagued Zach Thomas his entire career. that is, playing SO hard that he would injure himself almost every other game.

MLBs get injured all the time, they play probably the most violent position on the field. i was "over" Poz yesterday too, when i saw he was down. but now that i have thought about it, im going to give him the benefit of the doubt and hope its more the Zach Thomas case.